The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

College Major

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I really don't know how this works, but to those of you who are or were in college, and even the one's who aren't there yet, what did you study? For example, I'm studying Journalism, to become a journalist and a writer, your supposed to answer like this, and not state all the classes you took in college. Got it? =P (It would be so much easier if our systems were the same)
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm at the university which I suppose is the closest thing to the College here in Germany. I'm studying Anglism (English) and History hoping to become a university or college professor for history myself (not necessarily in Germany).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I graduate in December with my bachelors (4 year) degree in secondary education and social science.  :)  I already have an associates (2 year) in liberal arts and general studies.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm currently in my 2nd (and final) year of college, studying Industrial Instrumentation Engineering Technology (how's that for a mouthful? :lol )

Basically, I'm studying the monitoring and control of industrial processes, such as oil and gas, mining, pulp and paper, water treatment, etc. from a technologist's perspective.  In other words, I'm being trained to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain industrial instruments (monitoring and controlling equipment and devices) used in industry, such as gas analysers, flow meters, pressure meters, DCS (Distributed Control Systems, which is basically a network of instruments allowing easy control of multiple instruments from a single control panel), and the list goes on, and on, and on...

I'm also being trained in project management and engineering of process systems.  This means that, basically, I'm being trained how to design the instrumentation on an industrial plant so it is safe, complete, and efficient.

It'a a painfully difficult course, but the pay should be worth it if I survive this last year!

What is somebody like me doing in a course like this?  Long story. :P:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I went to university in a town down on the south coast of England. I studied a 3year course called "Entertainment Technology". I was basically participating in projects in many different aspects of the entertainment industry. Everything from website design, music composition for films, video editting and production, video game production processes, radio production...loads of different stuff. I graduated in July but I wasn't in the country to receive my certificate... I was out in America at the time but I got it mailed to me when I got back. I'm now looking to head into the film/tv industry within a few months but I've got a few things to work out before I launch myself into the field.

When I'm rich and famous, I'll be sure to announce the forum at my award ceremony! LOL :P:  :DD

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it appears you and I have something in common Littlefoot. XD I'm also interested in making movies.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Sounds like it Kingdom Key  :^.^: I've got a few contacts who said that I should get in contact once I get things sorted. In truth, as much as I'm gonna be starting out in England, I'm hoping to end up over in America coz after all...that's were the industry is at its largest. But that's a goal for the future, no running before walking and all that jazz ;)

Do you know what element of film making you want to go into Kingdom Key?

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you know what element of film making you want to go into Kingdom Key?

Me? Well, I'm interested in the editing portion. It's a lot of fun to work with. I've made quite a few movies (amateur movies of course) I'm going for my Associate’s Degree in Communication Media and after I may get a job or move on to a four year school. Maybe one day I'll be able to create a professional movie. Who knows? You're not the only one who plans on walking the red carpet one day, Littlefoot.  :P:

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw a similar thread here somewhere. Anyway, I'm a geology major, and as for what I might do with my degree, I'm currently considering vertebrate paleontology, volcanology, planetary geology (studying the geology of other planets), and environmental geology.