The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Armegedon in the Beyond

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
The Shadow Raptor Chronicles
Chapter Four
Armageddon in the Great Beyond

Mood Music for Part I

So it was, in the heavens, the great realm of the spirit world Maganog and the Spirit Guardian of the Great Valley met. And there they observed the world below. They watched the events as they unfolded, and it was as a game of chess to the two opponents. Maganog lead the mighty five, his very children behind his pawns, the massive legion of fastbiters who were being lead by the possessed Blackclaw.

But approaching the forces of Maganog from the east were other forces, forces that Maganog did not expect in his plans to destroy the valley of peace. A vast gathering of flyers, threehorns, longnecks and swimmers as well as many other creatures from the far fetches of the world.

This large group of leaf eating dinosaurs were the gatherings of the Valley Guardian himself, they were summoned through visions and dreams to accomplish what they were destined to accomplish, to defend the Great Valley from the shadows of the dark lord, and so the board was set and the pieces were in motion.

“So you’ve revealed the secret protectors of your valley.” Said Maganog, his eyes ever so watchful on the opposing fighters who were nearing his legion.

“Surprised are you?” asked the Guardian “You disappoint me, Maganog. Surely you should have been intelligent enough to know I’d have my defenses.”

“No, not surprised.” Said Maganog  “Just a bit put back. If you think your forces will hold me back from my will, your more than the fool than I anticipated.”

“We shall see, Maganog.” Said the Guardian “We shall see who the fool is when this is over with.”

“You forget who I am, Guardian.” Said Maganog sagely and he began to chant

I am the bringer of nightmares
I will reveal to you the creatures of the dark.
They will bite. They will tear.
They will consume all that you know and love.
They will destroy your will to live.
I am Maganog. The Lord of Shadow.

Behold my wrath is upon you.
And you will be mine to posses.
Until the end of this age.
And your spirit, I shall soon consume.
And forever, shall you be tormented within me.
So mot it be.

“So Mot it be.” Nodded The Guardian. “We shall indeed see, my old friend.”

They both returned their glances upon the world below. The pieces on both sides were starting to join. And he two spiritual opponents watched calmly awaiting the events that would follow.

Theme Music for Part II

In a shallow valley in the Great Beyond a good ways from the Great Valley walls crept the growing shadow, a massive legion of fastbiters, their hungry eyes upon the walls, and leading them was Blackclaw, his body cursed and possessed by the power of Maganog himself.

But just beyond the hills that formed the shallow valley of stone advanced another great force.

Several flyers, lead by Pteron the Great sped over the hill and there they spied the many approaching sharpteeth

“Fall in troops!” ordered Pteron, the elderly flyer, and they dove forth towards the fastbiters in an attack formation.

As this was happening a huge line of threehorns were stomping their way over the hill, there they looked down upon their foe. Their leader Haiden stood in the far front of this line, leading his followers without the slightest hint of fear of the enemy legion.

“They shall never breach the walls of the valley.” Declared Haiden “Come, Threehorns, leave no sharptooth standing! By the will of the Guardian, attack!”

And so, it began.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Korr then walked up to Doc with meyla and Zaine at his side and said "I remember that fight!" When Grandpa Longneck and several others looked at him like he was crazy the Red Horn then stated "Well the stories my grandpa used to tell me anyway. It was a giant battle with sharpteeth and leaf eaters of all kinds, and it lasted for days on end, some thought it would never stop fighting, but then one day...the sharptooth king known as Maganog was defeated by what others call 'The Guardian of the Great Valley.' "

Grandpa Longneck nodded and said "Yes I to remember hearing a story much like that from my folks as a youngling myself. You don't suppose somehow this is happening all over again...do you Doc?" He looked at the other longneck with hope in his eyes that said no.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
The very mention of the name Maganog seemed to cause a wave of shock over the valley residents as they listened in on the comversation.

"He who must not be named..." said Syrius "Never speak that name here. It brings a bad omen."

"I fear it may be what is happening." said Doc, now looking his old self again, his face looking vey sage like

"Though the Sharptooth Lord has been long dead, some say his very children still roam the world. The Mighty Five."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'I believe that is who my companion and I saw. They gave us a chill that froze our bones.' Vylor said. He had ran to Argaya's side when her call came.

(OOC: Hey, the name brings a bad omen. That is just like Harry Potter VII.)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There was a sudden flash of movement from a nearby mountaintop, and Dante came vaulting down to land near the group.
"Ah. Vylor, Argaya, good to see you well. Sorry I'm late.  I had to find a friend of mine..."
Another blur, and a white and red raptor landed nearby.  
"I'm Mary.  Call me Lady, however, or you'll regret it."
Virgil decided to show up then as well.
"Korr.  Good to see that you're still alive."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"The Mighty Five must have been the five sharpteeth I saw. I guess mighty really works for their name, because they were HUGE! Well, I don't care how big they are, I'm not going to let them win. Even if I have to fight them myself."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter apparently was left to bring up the rear behind Dante, Lady as she liked to be called and Virgil. She then took a deep breath and said "How about waiting next time...Dante!" Longtail however just smiled at his firends antics and said "Well it's about time you all got back...you've missed out on so much fun!"

Korr however looked over to Virgil and gave a small smile and simply opted for nodding his head in response. He then looked down to Zaine and said "You saw them...and LIVED?!"

Hunter then asked "So I can feel the tension around here...what's up?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "They didn't notice me. It was during that terrible storm. I was stuck on the ground and those five sharpteeth were heading towards the valley. I tried to get up and tell someone, but that's when you saved me from the falling tree." Zaine then thought really carefully and then looked over at Longtail.

"Longtail, is it possible to contact the voice I heard before Kor attacked us a while ago?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked over at Zaine for a moment and then said "We'll have to go somewhere a bit more private." He was reluctant to take Zaine to where they needed to go...but he was one of his best friends, he couldn't just turn Zaine away. With a much more determined look on his face Longtail said to Zaine "Okay..follow me!"

He then began to lead the way to where Zaine would be able to speak to the spirits.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine began to follow. "I haven't told anybody about this, but right before Kor jumped me, a voice was talking to me. She told me that you had felt the same pain that I have, in the sense of parents. The only pain I could think of was when I lost my parents in the earthshake." He then hesitated to ask.

"I'm sorry if this is uncomfortable for you, but I have to ask. Did you lose someone close to you?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Ah! Hunter!  Good to see you again...my friend"
Dante smiled as he walked over to Hunter's side, smiling at her, and placed a claw on hers.
"Whatever happens now... I'll protect you...Hunter..."
He whispered in her ear...

"Korr.  These... Mighty Five.  What do you know about them?"
Virgil asked the Redhorn as he stood nearhim, facing the Beyond...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled at Dante and said "Thanks, I'll be sure to return the favor as well." She then wrapped her tail around his foot.

Korr looked at Vylor and said "All I really know is that if they are alive, then many of us won't live to see the bright circle rise tomorrow. And I hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think we have enough of a force to stand up against them."

"Then we will need help." said Grandpa longneck with a nod and he looked to Doc and asked "Do you know of anyone else who can help us?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Well, Virgil, I think a friend of mine knows.' Vylor said, gesturing towards Torgo. 'He keeps talking about a "Master" of his, and I think it might have something to do with these Mighty Five. And Korr, Argaya and I are extremely powerful. We have a chance.'

Vylor and I will help. Argaya projected towards Grandpa Longneck.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Count me in, too!  There's no way that I'm gonna let this place, and all my friends be destroyed!"
Dante said, grasping his bokken in his claws, then twining his tail around Hunter's

"If Dante's gonna help, then so will I!"
Lady agreed, her eyes sparkling with some internal flame...

"I will...stand in the Valley's defense as well.  To repay the kindness that has been shown to me."
Virgil said, a smile crossing his face...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter would've smiled if Longtail hadn't jumped onto her back and said "So where have you two been?" Hunter turned her head and said "For your information, I've been helping Dante, and that's it!" After hearing this Longtail grinned and said "Sure it is." and jumped off Hunters back and down to the ground.

"So now what?" asked Longtail to everyone who was gathered there.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'What we need is to prepare defenses. We know the size of the attacking force, so we should be able to prepare necessary defenses.' Vylor said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine reached the area where he could contact spirits, and Longtail left him to go join the others. Now completely alone, Zaine sighed and concentrated his mind to speak to the voice who comforted him before. "I know you're still out there, so pleaese answer my call. The valley is in danger, and I don't think we can hold them off ourselves. Please give us guidance. What can we do?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at Hunter, blushed, and quickly managed to say...
"Yeah, She was just helping me out.  Don't get any ideas..."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Where Zaine stood it became quiet...tension shattering quiet, and then that same voice called out to him. "Hello again Zaine...it's nice to see you are safe. I see your friend Longtail did not join you...may I ask why?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As the others stood an discussed, a lone ocean blue figure, with odd feathers on his arms like sleeves, stood a distance away, holding an instrument made out of a small plant and some thin vines.  His name was Motochika Chosokabe, and he was a wanderer who happened to be in the Valley at the time.  He had been compelled to the place by his dreams, which had guided him to it.  He now stood for a moment longer, strummed his instrument with a flat piece of wood, and stepped out around the tree to join the others.
"I too, will aid your cause.  I am Motochika Chosokabe, and I would be honored if you let me aid you."
He said in a deep, nearly emotionless, voice as he strode forwards delberately...