The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: Out of the Ice

Threehorn · 1665 · 81758

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
"Personally Log January 21st 2011. It been just over 7 months since the discovery of this landmass. It was classed as the Discovery of the Centery for all good reasons. But yet only the New World Alliance knows of such at thing. *person standing by a window looking out to a valley of lash green and water flowing into it from the lands beyond its walls* With the completation of Cliff Base Delta at Smoking Mountian, a name that choicen by the research team since simple names make sense here. The team within that base will start to learn of new discoverys on the way the beings live in this peaceful land, yet the question goes to this *place a hand on a strange looking device* discovered at the time of the Era of Melting and half the world lost to the New World Alliance after sruggling so long this device seem Alien and held this world... this undiscoveryed island from within the lights of time and space, frozen within.

We learned so much from the past then ever thought before... a discovery we still learning, but are we pushing to far into this world, hiding within the mountians, under it and hidden with us watching to learn and placing all these cameras... it only a matter of time they will understand what these are... how much time do we have left till our leaders push it too far that contact with these Dinosaurs will happen? All I can say time will tell... time will tell... *Man reach for a device in his pocket and lifts it up* Professor Elm... ending log" Professor press the button and the log ends with him watching a bunch of young dinosaurs in the mid sun playing the lash green valley on a set of screens in his office. "Time will tell..."

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Professor Elm please come to GV Main entrance, there are new personally" a voice over the intercom spoke.

the Professor was about 6ft 3 wearing a white coat with black trousers and black shoes, with brown hair and pinkish skin he walks out of his office down the corridor till he arrived at the Underground Train Station. "Professor, these are the new stuff, they arrived yesturday and Clifsea Harbour" Jack the personally officer spoke. "Well I leave them in your hands sir, I better get back to the Harbour"

"Yes and thank you" Professor Elm watch him get on the train and the doors close with it slowly departing from the station then he turn to the new stuff "Hello and welcome to Great Valley Cliff Alpha. We call this place GV Base for short. I am Professor Elm, incharge of this base. May I have your names please and where you'll be placed"

(this is where some of your personally human charcaters kick in guys)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One of the figures, a young man of about 19, clean-shaven and wearing his long, black hair in a ponytail, snapped a salute at the Professor.
"Sir!  Shane Albion, reporting!  Assigned to security duty as of January 21, sir!"
He said, his long black coat snapping sharply as he did so.  He was an odd-looking choice, his outfit of a black long coat, black pants with a skull design on the right knee, and his black, button-down shirt, left open over his skull-print undershirt making him look more like a street punk than anything else...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Vylor and Argaya reporting for genetic and psychological analysis and evaluation. We are at the genetic lab and psychology room, respectively, sir.' Said the brother and sister simultaneously. They were both 25, six foot ten, seemingly thin, and appeared to be non-human. This was only because of their pointed ears, which was a result of plastic surgery. Vylor had deep blue eyes and short black hair. Argaya, however, had long black hair and bright green eyes. Both were in lab coats, but they preferred tunics and more elvish clothing. Both of them were actually well-built physically, and had an IQ of around 190.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A middle aged gentleman wearing a generals uniform walked up to the group. "Professer Elm the security reports have been filed,' said frank with a german accent saluting the professer. His eyes shifted to the young man in the black coat. He muttered to himself in geman "kids these days'. He brushed his grey hair out of his eyes.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
A young man came running up behind the group and after coming to a stop, tried to catch his breath before speaking. "Sorry Professor, Ricktor Landon reporting sir!" he then pushed his black tinted sunglasses further up on his nose and looked around wondering what this was all about.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you Frank" Professor then turn to the group. "It seems all your ID checked out" Professor Elm said looking at the device in his left hand looking at the screen. Then he look back at them "Tomorrow morning I will show you each to your stations but as for the moment you all be asked to stay clear of vitual areas of the base, so with these bases, they will allow you into your own rooms and access to lvl 1 areas only. Nothing higher till tomorrow when I will give you all your clearance levels in the breifing before your term of duties begin."

Professor Elm hands them their passes. "Best to not lose them or you will not be able to get around. We take our secerity very serious around here specially being the closest to the largest number of herbovuer Dinosaurs in which we call the Great Valley. A simple but affective name that was chosen"

A lady comes up to them "Ah Lisa, please show them to their rooms, I have a few things to talk to Frank about" then he leaves with Frank.

Lisa turn to the others, she hand ginger hair with brown eyes and a uniform on with a symbol of the base on it and the bandge shows the words over it Head of security. "PLease follow me"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Frank walked with Professer Elm he asked "So what is it that you wanted to talk about'.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"These children we been watching... they seem to getting quite wise, they are alot brighter then the Adult dinosaurs and these adventures they keep having has put them closer and closer to our bases. Last one put them only 0.3 miles away which is very close" Professor Elm said showing Frank the images that was captured on his handheld device.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"This is getting serious we shoulkd start thinking about what will we do if they do get in the base,' said frank. "We just have to be ready cause one of these days they will find a way in,' added frank.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"But there something else, they was close enough to mics to catch them breathing but that wasn't the thing that caught me off. I haven't showed anyone this but watch and listen" Professor Elm gets Frank into a room alone a plays it on his handheld device and the sound and image was good and they listened to the dinosaurs.

"From this one recording I have one name... this longnecked one is called Littlefoot and seem to be the brightest out of the lot, being more of a thinker from what we obversoed" Professor Elm said after the recording finish playing.

----

Lisa leads them down another floor where they come to a corridor with a hall and set of doors "This is Block Melter, this will be your block, each of you have your own rooms." Lisa said to them "Each will have your name on the front of the door and your passes will open them."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shane smiled, acknowledging Lisa with a nod before saying...
"Thanks ma'm.  It's an honor to be working here."
He then turned his attention to Ricktor
"Long time, no see, Ricktor!  How's it going?"
He asked, grinning...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank rubbed his chin "Hmm interesting,' he said.  "So what is our next move,asked frank. He looked at the tail he had gained from his experiements in the 80's.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Ricktor turned to face Shane and replied "I've been fine. But I would like to know what our job will be. I'm getting nervous not being told anything." He then turned to Lisa and said "Thank you ma'am."

Ricktor then turned back to Shane and said "Bet my room looks better than yours does!"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
A young man bearing two big bags in each hand came walking against Elm and the others. The bags must've been heavy, cause the man's hair was all sweaty.
He had average long, dark brown hair and a newly grown mustache, his eyes were blue.
He wore a thin white shirt and a pair of rough, worn out jeans.
He also wore a small dogtag around his neck, and if anyone had been close enough, they would've been able to tell his name.
His name was Evan Tyler, he had just grown to an age of 22, and this was his first real excavation.

Despite his young age, Evan had taken many degrees in bilology and animal behaviour, an top of that, he was talented in the learnings of the prehistoric.
Now he had come here, hoping to help out. And, what he hoped, get to see dinosaurs.

He stoped and looked around, his eyes wandered trough the camp, and then his eyes stoped at Prof.Elm.
He began walking against him, calling: "Ah, Prof.Elm! I'm..."
He didn't finish his sentence, cause the other second he was lying with his face on the ground, and all his lugage were out of their bags, all spread out.
"Damn it..." he murmured, rose up and wiped away some mud with his hands.
He bent down and started to pick up his stuff again.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Professor Elm helped him up "Well welcome, strange way of what just happened but I believe your suppose to be in Melter Block with the other new work force." Elm then sees two men coming by "Men, could you help this young lad out to find his way to the Melter Block and to help him with his unusally big lugguage, if it too heavy get the trolley from stock room 9"

"Oh and Evan Tyler, I will be breifing you directly after the others been briefed so your to not join them at first. your areas of expertise are quite valuable to this point. See you tomorrow" Professor Elm and Frank carried on walking away and the two men helped him carry his stuff and soon arrive at Melter Block.

---

Professor Elm turn to Frank "I would suggest sending out Startor, she the best in getting very close to these dinosaurs without being spotted, she was a ex-spy for the UN when it was around, and being 39 haven't slowed her a bit, if I remember right she stays at Melter Block" Professor said to Frank. "I will ask her tomorrow to see if she'd help, in the end if she says no I can't do anything since she more as a special guest then part of the work force"

----

Lisa was about to speak when the door opens and a mid adult lady comes out with a black leather jacket and black leather trousers came out of her room with black boots and black cap, her hair being dark brown and her eyes blue in colour. "Lisa, leave the rest to me, I'll finish up for you girl"

"Yes of course Startor" Lisa smiled then leaves walking past Evan Tyler and two men carrying his stuff "That must be the exarmy officer i heard about that could help professor Elm out in the studys of these dinosaurs" she whispers then walks on.

"Right, first things, all rooms are the same, there is no differences till you make it your own in personlizing it whatever way you like, but you'll have to keep it clean, if you don't well I make sure you'll run 5 laps around this block, I been here since the project begain 6 months ago and I won't stand for mess in this Block. As for why I am here it none of your business." Startor said to them with a power in her voice sounding very serious.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shane snapped a short salute, responding...
"Understood Ma'm!  I will comply!"
Before he opened the door to his room and stepped inside...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Alright,' said frank. "Is that all you wanted to talk to me about' asked frank.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I did manage to get this" they arrive at the Professor's office and Elm gets out a bottle "2001 this was made in, only 1 of 9 bottles left in the world, since the project it a massive sccess I thought we should toast for it"

---

"This isn't the army..." Startor sighed

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile