The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Amazing Threehorn Girl

Chikara · 48 · 14151

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah, the part where the crocodile just struggled  through the canyon Cera ran down made me think "...okay...how big ARE these things?"

I think they were meant to be small Sarcosuchus or small Deinosuchus, both of which were 50-foot-something long crocodiles. Triceratops, on average, I think, were 30 feet long.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
In order for me to view this particular episode I need a faster computer or internet connection...the one up at my college should work...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the episode overall, the only slight problem I had was would it really take the gang that long to notice one of them was missing?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
would it really take the gang that long to notice one of them was missing?

Watch it again.  It wasn't really that long.  The stupid intro (and commercials I so gracefully cut out) was in between the time when they got separated and when they realized she was missing.  The actual time it took for them to realize she was missing was probably only a minute or so.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That's correct, it wasn't a very long time. I suppose when you have a crocodile pursuing you, you are more focussed in trying to run as fast as you can.
 The final battle was good, Cera's father fought well but I don't think it shouldn't be that easy if they were about 5 crocodiles. But he does know how to fight :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they were afraid not so much with just Cera's dad, but maybe they smelled the other adults were arriving as well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe they were afraid not so much with just Cera's dad, but maybe they smelled the other adults were arriving as well.

Or felt them coming.  I'd imagine when that many adult dino's walk together, it makes the ground shake pretty hard. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Didn't think of that.  It could also have been a combination of the two.  And some of the adult dinos are quite large, like Littlefoot's grandparents.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
The general population of the Great Valley is really naive. And I mean REALLY naive.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This was a good episode, one I would definately want to watch again.

I knew Cera would let the whole "hero" thing go to her head, it just took some convincing from all the others.  When you lie, you've got to do it good and you've got to keep your story straight or it's easy to tell it's a lie.  I've seen that mistake made too many times in quite a number of shows and I was highly expecting her to tell quite a number of things that just weren't true.  I also highly expected the two kinds of songs that would appear.  One to celebrate Cera being a hero, the other of how they feel after the truth is revealed. (Both are going to be tricky for me to give out due to all the grown-ups doing them and we don't even know the names of some.) In short, it was good, but I highly expected everything that was coming, even though it was my first time seeing it all and I had VERY little knowledge of it in the end.

Good, but oh so predictible! :^.^:

Next one for me is "The Great Egg Adventure", which will come up on Tuesday.

See ya later! :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was a good, but predictable episode.  Certain episodes like this will occur in every cartoon series for the most part.  Odd that the adults are that naive.  But since there are not enough kid characters all that is left are the adults.  If they had more kid characters they could have had them doing all that praising Cera stuff and being naive.

Dinonut

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/ryan_dinomite/
That's true. By the way, I think there were only four crocs in that episode.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest, I really didn't like this episode much.  It felt too much like a cheesy sunday morning cartoon they put on just so they can say they have something running on the channel. -_- It's not the worst ep, but it's far from the best.

raidpirate15

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 13 2008 on  09:11 PM
To be honest, I really didn't like this episode much.  It felt too much like a cheesy sunday morning cartoon they put on just so they can say they have something running on the channel. -_- It's not the worst ep, but it's far from the best.
I agree

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could be true, but it can still be an ok episode, or good compared to some other shows out there.  Just perhaps not up to some of LBT best stuff perhaps.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Chikara,Sep 10 2007 on  05:40 AM
The songs in the episode are "The Amazing Threehorn Girl", with a melody that I think is original, and an angry song (to the tune of I Feel Mad).
"The Amazing Threehorn Girl" does not have an original tune. It shares the same tune as "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond," from LBT7.

Dwalin

• Chomper
    • View Profile
To be honest, this episode disappointed me. The stupidity of the adult dinosaurs oversteps every limit here. I know that most of the dinosaurs ( at least the herbivorous species) were not particularly intelligent animals, but in the cartoons they are supposed to be able to think, not just to talk. Why did everyone believe Cera's story ( even if it wasn't even hers, but her father's) beyound any shadow of doubt, only because some friend of hers started to shout " Cera - hero!"? They didn't even consider the possibility that they were, to put it mildly, exaggerating. It was rather irritating, when even Spike, who usually doesn't care much about anything that has nothing to do with food, started behaving like a lackey and waving with a leaf above Cera's head, like with a fan. Only Ruby and Littlefoot seemed to regain some sense at the end. And it was very unfair that, when everyone found out it wasn’t true, they went mad at Cera, not at her [censored]  father who was responsible for the whole thing. By the way, what was so special about scaring a pair of crocodiles? All the main characters have already distinguished themselves in fighting sharpteeth in the other cartoons, but nobody of the adults said they were heroes. For example, when Spike knocked Chomper’s mother out in “Land before time 2”, nobody talked about an " amazing spiketail boy".

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, the episode has certain flaws and juvenile fiction often does as far as portraying adults in the way that you saw so the kids have a reason to do things.  

I found a few things funny like the 2nd Maiasaur who kept vanishing, or turning invisible  also the longneck, I guess it was a teenage longneck, was hanging around, but didn't get involved in singing in the second song with the others.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, you're right, Dwalin, there are some incongruencies in the episode, but I honetly didn't see them (though that was because I was too busy predicting every plot device before it actually happened.) Seems every kids TV show has an episode of this type, and they all follow the same exact formula. Strange.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've noticed that, but I try to ignore it.  I guess they do it since some of the writers are not super skilled and / or it makes coming up with an episode plot easy since there are certain ones they always do.  Some other series you can do the same with.  Certain ones that last multiple seasons tend to have certain plots that appear once a season or so.