The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Character maker

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone else would want to invest their time into something like this, and really, if I invested the time to study and work with those programs they use for games like in AzaleasDolls or DollDivine, I would be right on it.

Basically one would pick and choose a dinosaur species, add features to make them their own character, just how they would look in Don Bluth's drawing style. There's just very little activities and sources out there for LBT fans or really dinosaur makers as a whole are limited if they're even out there.

But what do you guys think of something like this?

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
That is a wonderful idea. I'd try but I'm not that graphics program inclined. :unsure: Those makers take many weeks to develop.  I use Doll Divine frequently and know that site has a Facebook page. It would worth a shot to ask "Can we have a dinosaur maker a la Land Before Time?" I wouldn't mind a dinosaur maker period!

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If it's just picking from static images of body shapes and features, and placing them how you want, it would be really easy to program that in Game Maker, a game making tool I used to play around with a lot to make my own little computer games as a hobbie. There could just be still images on the side, and you can drag them over, resize them, rotate them, change their depth (Basically decide which image will be drawn on top of the other) ect. It could then export the LBT creature as a simple image file. After making the program, I could export it as an exe executable.

Only thing is now the new verison of Game Maker costs 50 bucks, and the free version limits the number of objects, rooms, images, scripts, ect. I don't know how much I could get in with just the free version.

Does any of that sound up your alley? I'm cruddy at drawing, but I could help on the program side maybe.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds liek a neat idea^^ I'd totally do that. I'd especially be interested to see my characters in Bluth's style.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
This is a very cool and neat idea I like it a lot. I hope this comes into play soon.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I totally support the idea, but I figure that the only species that would be present in such a programm would be those of the main characters. And what about people who's fan characters aren't of the "popular" species? ;)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't think I can do this project at the moment, but down the line, sometime maybe me and some program savvy folks can put our heads together to do this?

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
I really like the idea.

In terms of species, I think that most of the general 'types' should be covered, if you know what I mean? For example, T.rex and Tarbosaurus were remarkably similar animals - you wouldn't need separate templates for both of them.
If I've completely lost the thread of this post, sorry. But let me know if something does come about!