The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

19 Years of Land Before Time

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
This music video, done with both text and the song My Immortal, is different than my other Land Before Time music videos. Instead of invoking a dark atmosphere around the video, it has a happier meaning. It's about what LBT has done for me growing up and now, even if I forget about LBT for years, it always has its way of bringing me back. This video is very personal, and I hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqnUYcwRD8

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice job on it. While it seems sad, it shows that there is more to LBT them what meets the eye. Despite the fact that other installments have been frowned up, they still teach us important lessons about growing up. I think some people feel that there too tough or proud to learn from five young dinosaurs the morals of life. While I may hate the songs, it still has powerful moments. I felt sad just watching the whole thing.  :cry  5 out of 5.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*decides to quote what is in the music video*

For as long as I can remember
There have been many movies
But few movies stood out
Like one movie in particular
One movie taught me many things
Like loss
How hard it is to move on
That we are all afraid of something
That we have allies
And that we should never give up, no matter how hopeless the situation looked
I followed their journey
Through both the frightening
And the sad moments
I was scared
I was frustrated
I questioned myself
And learned the past cannot change
I watched them suffer
I watched them fight
And I watched them regain hope
And I learned
We are never alone
Even when everything looks bleak
There is always a ray of hope to guide us
So we shouldn't feel afraid
But being afraid doesn't mean we are cowards
This movie changed my perspective of carnivores
And taught me to stand up for myself
And that even the worst of enemies
Can become your best friend
This special movie
From now and back then
Was Land Before Time

Wow!  That was beautiful!  The words just made it even more beautiful.

You did quite an amazing job!  5/5! :^.^:

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
uh didnt get to watch the youtube vid as not on yur friend lists but thanks poke i got to read what was in the vid. And what can i say but wow.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I must ask you just one question.  I must admit it is THE final question I need to do what I need to finish my first fanmade music video, but how did you put those captions in?

The music video I'm making is rather important to me.  I just need to know this last piece of information to finish it.

Thanks in advance. :^.^:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Go to Tools, and click on Titles and Credits. Select "Title on the Selected Clip". You can type in the message you want to put in, change the font style, color, and size as well as "title animation", meaning how the text will "fade in" and "fade out". Then click "Done, add title to movie". If you want, you can move the text around till you find the exact spot you want it to be. If you find the text is either too small, too big, too distracting, or not clear enough, you can double click on the text bar (which should be in the Title Overlay I think) and do some editting.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 12 2007 on  11:40 AM
Go to Tools, and click on Titles and Credits. Select "Title on the Selected Clip". You can type in the message you want to put in, change the font style, color, and size as well as "title animation", meaning how the text will "fade in" and "fade out". Then click "Done, add title to movie". If you want, you can move the text around till you find the exact spot you want it to be. If you find the text is either too small, too big, too distracting, or not clear enough, you can double click on the text bar (which should be in the Title Overlay I think) and do some editting.
 :cry  :cry  I think I gonna start to crieee. Man, nice job, very nice job.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Finally watched this and like others have said, that's one emotional tribute. :) Glad LBT meant so much to you.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I almost cried when I watched that video. I wish there was a movie that meant that much to me.

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
Wow that was so emotional beautifull I have tears in my eyes now. What a moments. Indeed a masterpiece.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Loved this vid, but I didn't agree with everything in it completely.  Meaning that my experiences were slightly difffernent.  I'm glad that LBT means that much to you though.  Great job! :yes

Bruton the Iguanodon

I saw this video late last march when I was getting back ito LBT. It's just beautiful. It restored my love for LBT, and gave me new appreciation for Evanescence's "My Immortal".

And now I discover you made it, DarkHououmon! Since you're here on this site, I just want to tell you that it's one of the most beautiful music videos I've ever scene, and definitely the most beautiful LBT music video I've ever seen. My only complaint is that the description says it was a tribute to all the movies minus 12 and 13, but...I didn't see any clips from 7 or 9 in it. Otherwise, that was amazing. Beautiful message, beautiful song, beautiful tribute. It gets an award in my book.

On a side note, I got Evanescence's "Fallen" album recently and it's great, except...it doesn't have this version of "My Immortal" on it. It's a piano version which is pretty but not nearly as good as this one. Guess I'll have to get it from itunes!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

And..I never noticed that before. It's been so long since I made the mv, I didn't recall not using LBT7 or LBT9 footage.  :p

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ah, that' OK. You did an awesome job.

Can't wait till I learn how to make a MV---it's gonna be epic!

But I doubt it will even come close to being as good as yours.  ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Creating music videos is hard to do. Okay it's not hard if you just randomly slap scenes with music. But to create a truly epic music video takes a lot of hard work. Music video creating is an art form, and mastering it can be difficult.

The chances of your first music video being great and greatly admired is slim to none. This is not meant to offend. But there's a lot of learning to be had in music video creation, and it takes trial and error to find a style that suits you and people love. I don't make music videos to impress a large audience, though; I do them because I find them fun to do.

So my point is basically don't expect to be good right away. You have to keep making videos before you get better, but to get better, listen to criticisms and act upon them. If the majority of people say, for instance, you, too often, use long scenes, like a minute or so, try to cut that back in the next video, for instance.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I think I ca understad what to do based on seeing other  I'm music videos.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's one thing to watch. It's another thing to do. For instance, I can watch someone beat a boss in a game and make it look easy, thus making myself believe I can do it as well. But when I try to do it myself, I end up having a very hard time with it. Or I could watch someone paint and it looks so easy I want to do it, but when I get started, it frustrates me very easily.

I thought my first videos were great years ago, but they never really got a lot of attention (those videos are gone now btw). And looking back, from what I remember, I really didn't know what I was doing.

It's hard to be good at something in the first try; it typically takes time and practice. Some people can get the hang of it faster than others, of course. But what I'm saying is don't feel disappointed if your first few mvs don't get as much attention as you thought they would. This is normal.