The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How to do captions?

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
I have a question- how do I post a picture on the "Caption this" section? I've tried to click "copy image" and "copy image address" and paste, but nothing happened. Anyone know how?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's very difficult to upload images on here with a iPhone

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a question- how do I post a picture on the "Caption this" section? I've tried to click "copy image" and "copy image address" and paste, but nothing happened. Anyone know how?
The easiest way to do that is to do the following:
  • 1. Since you can't upload images to the forum directly (used to be possible waaaaaaaay back in the early days but was eventually disabled by Invisionfree I believe...), you will need an external place to upload your picture. Unless you are going for a picture that already exists somewhere on the internet (which should work, haven't tested that though) you will need to
  • 2. Upload that picture somewhere. I'm typically using photobucket or tinypic for that. Directupload is another option but there are plenty more on the internet. Then just copy the correct link (usually that's called the direct link) and paste it into the post you are writing. But you have to use the [IMG] code. Just click on that button above the post and paste the link there. Should work unless the link is broken or you forget to copy a letter.
  • That's basically it. A bit complicated but we've operating on ancient forum software here :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
and offtop question (since I feared to post it in Stone Circle subforum): what do you think about Caption Pic competition? Something like our Prompt competition? :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds like a decent idea it would be cool to do

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, that'd keep me active there for certain :p These days I'm like... not paying attention to it much ut then, all of a sudden, I have to go through a few pages of them and spam a lot of captions. Don't know why that is  :unsure:
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not a competition, per se, but a Futurama forum I used to be active on had a caption this thread, where one person would post a picture, wait a few days/ week or something for other members to post captions of it, the one who posted the picture would choose the best caption, that people would post their own picture, and so on.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah that sounds awesome we should totally do that on here.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, yeah!
I thought about one people posts picture, and others make one mini-story serious response and one humorous. And author chooses winner and give him turn.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds like a awesome idea and very cool. It's a awesome and great fun idea