The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Mumbling

Mumbling · 333 · 32048

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
which musical groups do you like the most?

what are your biggest pet peeves?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jun 7 2015 on  02:50 PM
which musical groups do you like the most?

what are your biggest pet peeves?
None in particular, really. I mostly listen to classic rock and pop from the 70's, 80's and sometimes 90's. There are some modern songs in the same style that I like as well, but no band that jumps out of there. Perhaps the one I listen most to is Queen.

As for pet peeves... Sometimes I think I express opinions too quickly and I wish I had kept my mouth shut. Then again I'm already a rather quiet person, so maybe that's a good thing haha. I can also start nerding out about games or books that I like and I think that scares people off sometimes :P:

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Who's your favorite "retro" (as in eighties and the like) artists? I doesn't have to be exclusively a singer or band, it could be an actor or actress as well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Who's your favorite "retro" (as in eighties and the like) artists? I doesn't have to be exclusively a singer or band, it could be an actor or actress as well.
Woops, ignored this question for almost 4 years... Sorry!

Hmm tough! I wouldn't say I have a favorite, as my interests are pretty broad and I generally don't quickly have a very positive or negative opinion on people. As for music... Bon Jovi? Michael Jackson? Cyndi Lauper, maybe? I mostly prefer to listen to a big mix of artists, though the genre is generally pop/rock.

Actors and actresses... I've been watching a bunch of Star Trek lately, so: Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Terry Farrell, Andrew Robinson :D

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Read any good books this year to recommend? I'm a big book nerd.  :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see... According to Goodreads (which I try to update regularly) I've read 7 books the past year:
- Animal Farm. Just finished this today, actually. A classic that I can recommend to anyone.
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch. Yes, that's the title :P If you like fantasy, different takes on religion, and/or comedy, give this one a shot. It's also currently being made into a TV show, so double worth reading it now.
- Dune. Just read the first book. Since it was published in the 60s, the language is a bit archaic at times and can be difficult to follow. However I am glad to have read one of the early works of fantasy and am curious about the new movie remake.
- We Are Legion (We Are Bob), For We Are Many, and All These Worlds. This is a sci-fi series that starts in modern day times and then fast forwards some hundred years into the future. Absolutely loved this so much more than I anticipated and am really hoping that the author has enough inspiration left to create some more in the series. It helps to have a good understanding of pop-culture, and specifically Star Trek, for this one, though I think it is still enjoyable without.
- Ready Player One. Read this before the movie came out. Loved all references to video games and 80s pop culture. The movie was a major disappointment though. Probably best to see them as two separate entities based on the same idea.

So that's what I read 'recently'. Planning on taking on Brave New World soon. I can really recommend the Bobiverse books, and can't wait for more to be released in that series. 

:TakeMoney
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:45:51 AM by Mumbling »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
What is your favourite non-LBT animated film?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you play anything? Soccer, football, tennis?  :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What is your favourite non-LBT animated film?
:thinking
That's a good question. I'm a big Disney fan, and they have many movies you could wake me up for in the middle of the night. Checking my modest collection of DVDs, that would either have to be the first Pokémon movie or the Lion King. Guess some things never change.

Do you play anything? Soccer, football, tennis?  :)
Do video games count?  :PCera

I haven't practiced a sport in ages. Just not my thing! :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the topic of video games, what is the worst game you've ever played?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Probably Race 07. I liked racing games, but was not ready for a realistic racing simulator. Didn't get an ounce of enjoyment out of that game. Also, despite its popularity and my general love for randomized roguelikes, I absolutely got pissed off while playing Nuclear Throne.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And what is the best game that you've played?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't have a game that jumps out for me straight away. There are several games that I have put hundreds of hours in. The most appreciated series so far has to be Pokémon games. Here are my most played games on Steam, and while that isn't 100% representative of my gaming interests, it gets pretty close! :D

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your favourite musical instrument?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Probably either the violin or the piano. I can't play either, but I love listening to professional players.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What are some small things that make your day better?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Favourite season of the year?
This is tricky because weather is different for everyone... But I'm a big fan of summer in the Netherlands. Generally very moderate temperatures (around 25 C, with some days in the low 30s as a max), which allow me to walk around in a T-shirt. My clothing in winter and most other seasons always feel too bulky :PCera

What are some small things that make your day better?
Coming home and finding that some chores are already done. Talking to good friends. Seeing people put their trash in a bin rather than on the ground. Catching a shiny Pokémon in Pokémon GO  :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My favourite season is spring because it's in the "not too hot, not too cold" range. Anything above mid-20s is usually too warm for me.

Do you like to write at all? If so, what sort of writing?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again?