The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s other art!

jassy · 43 · 9025

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, this drawing looks quite great. The fur is especially well done and the colors work nicely in this one too. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, that's some good stuff right there! Need to draw some HTTYD fanart at some point, I also love the series!
Inactive, probably forever.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Thank you for the kind words everyone! It’s much appreciated :DD

this is sort of a vent piece that i drew to help calm down since I’ve been feeling so overwhelmed lately and painting backgrounds helps me to relax a little. Might do another piece just like this one in the near future, it was really satisfying to do  :^^spike

"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh wow that looks cool! I really enjoy the silhouette as it keeps the painting simple and creates a sorta frame around it with the sunset as the focus.

I would love to see more of this style in the future!  :Mo

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the muted flow of the sunset background! The soft brushes makes it look like an oil painting, and it really gives it this... countryside-like vibe.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Indeed, the atmosphere and colors are quite neat! :) The person's silhouette is quite solidly drawn and I especially like how you've done the clouds in this picture. Yes, there are few details in this drawing but in what you were going to do, namely a scene of a peaceful evening, you did a great job! :^^spike

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Look at me, actually posting here again  :PAli Anyway, this piece was something I did a while back but I never actually posted it here :p hope you all like it! :DD

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well... there aren't too many details here but the colors create a nice feeling to this picture. It's interesting that first you did some more traditional art and now you have moved into these more impressionist drawings. That's not a bad thing at all, though. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I love that purplish color scheme (love purple in general, actually)! The contrasting shades are really neat, a bright violet to somber mauve to dark indigo, and really gives the piece an otherworldly, crystalline look. :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
heyyy what’s good everybody??   :bestsharptooth decided to take a very brief break from lbt stuff and draw something else as a small warmup and just for practice! Anyway here’s a doodle of one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite shows  :Mo

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Even though I have no idea from where this drawing is from, I like the detail in it and even if I have expressed this like a hundred times by now, everything from top to bottom work out perfectly and therefore I have no big critiques to point out this time. The colors work particularly nice this time by creating a nice feeling to the picture overall. I do have one question that kind of bugs me, from where is this picture from?

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Even though I have no idea from where this drawing is from, I like the detail in it and even if I have expressed this like a hundred times by now, everything from top to bottom work out perfectly and therefore I have no big critiques to point out this time. The colors work particularly nice this time by creating a nice feeling to the picture overall. I do have one question that kind of bugs me, from where is this picture from?

Thanks Anagnos! The character is from the show Aggretsuko on Netflix! 10/10 would recommend!

I watched Bambi the other day and I was especially inspired, mostly because i really love the art and general feeling of that movie  :smile  so I decided to redraw a scene from it! Really like how this turned out, and drawing the water droplets was pretty fun  :Mo

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:27:10 PM by jassy »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, that's a nice surprise! Bambi's animation indeed is spectacular and this shot from Little April Shower is very cute. I really like how you've made this drawing look like the film as it makes this drawing even better. The background looks great as well and it'll be interesting to see if you'll decided to make more Bambi art in the future.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Now this is quite an alluring piece of art this time. I can’t say I remember much about Bambi as it’s been years since I saw that movie, and I am definitely not known for my exceptional memory, so this was kind of a letdown due to that very reason. I am by no means saying that the drawing made me feel disappointed – just the opposite factor, honestly speaking. Even so, I must second Sovereign by how amazing the overall quality of the picture is, even if I cannot remember the actual scene myself. The background works superbly once more and I share Sovereign’s enthusiasm in possibly seeing more Bambi art from you in the future. It will not be a hinder even if I can’t remember from where they are originally from.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:57:39 AM by Anagnos »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Like Anagnos, I also have no idea what that character you drew is. What I can tell though, is that you created another amazing piece of artwork. There are some obvious issues present as I can tell, but considering that you only drew this as a warmup and practice session, I can be much more forgiving and lenient with them. That being said, I would still like to point out the flaws anyway. For starters, there are some black outlines that overlap with each other, creating the weird sloppiness of multiple lines being drawn. This issue is more glaring in the tail region. I also notice the opposite with a few portions, where two lines don't really meet, leaving a tiny opening in the area that is supposed to be closed. Plus, the hands and the phone the cat is holding could be drawn a bit better, as it does look weird to me. And lastly, the legs could be drawn straighter, as the black outline is irregular at many times. This is all the constructive criticism that I can provide for this drawing, but overall the quality and dedication is still present. Keep up the good work, jassy! :smile

It doesn't matter what you draw jassy, because every time a superb piece of work is produced by you. Considering that you only spend an average of 5 hours to complete each drawing with sophisticated shading, background, color palette, and theme is an achievement in itself. I have only heard of Bambi, but never really watched the movie in its entirety. But even then, I think you recreated one of its scenes wonderfully. Once again, the background is splendid, and the mice itself is pretty adorable too. Nothing much else to say, really. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't remember this scene in Bambi, but the striking pastel colors that Bambi is known for makes it very alluring to look at this piece. The muted colors give me the sense that I'm really in a rainstorm, and I love rain settings in films.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I forgot all about these, whoops

Not familiar with either of them (haven't seen Bambi in years). Both look pretty good!

hanks Anagnos! The character is from the show Aggretsuko on Netflix! 10/10 would recommend
Ok I lied I actually do know that show as I watched a chunk of season 1 with my roommate. Quite interesting to say the least.

While I do really like the mouse and water droplets I feel like the surrounding area and the leaf the water droplet is on should be more in focus as it's at the same depth as the subject. It can make it look a little strange in my opinion.  Good job though!

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks again for your feedback everyone! For this next piece I redrew an OC of mine, Zonta (see the first page of this thread if you wanna see more about her) This was really fun to work on, I especially enjoyed doing the background   :smile hope you all enjoy!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 11:19:18 PM by jassy »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Simply beautiful.

Did you ever try animation?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I must say that the background is absolutely breathtaking this time, and one can see you might have spent a considerable amount of time doing it. What I guess are the fireflies in the picture create more ambiance and are a welcome addition all in all. I also like how you drew the wolf in the drawing, but for future emphasis, you might want to actually make the character in another color, as the wolf is fractionally blending into the background and I had trouble initially spotting it. While the setting works very well, I’d also point out that the wolf comes across perhaps a bit out of place, as it makes the rest of the drawing look a bit strange. With a little adjustment it could perchance be made to fit the picture, but that is not an excessively bad thing, just something that caught my eye as it makes the drawing a bit harder to look at. Other than that, I am glad we are seeing more art from you as it has been too long in my opinion. Please take your time with your drawings so that they can be just as, if not even better as your previous ones. Thank you for sharing your art with us, Jassy! :^^spike