The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Me buying myself a laptop

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
My advice is to spend the money on headphones because you can get better sounding headphones for less than speakers.  You can get good headphones for less than $100, but not speakers (expect $400 for the same quality).  Something tells me you won't be buying $400 speakers.

I haven't been speaker shopping...ever because I use an old 1980s boombox as my speakers.  They're better than anything manufactured for PC audio these days.  If you can find an old boombox with analog inputs, chances are that will sound better than any speakers you will buy. ;)  That is my recommendation.

If you want headphone opinions, please start a topic in the sound section with what you're looking for and I'll help you out.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a good idea, I never would have thought of that.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, be right to it!

LBTlover, is it so? Maybe I should consider it then! I think I know some people that could help with it.  :yes

I think I'm gonna borrow (don't wanna put money in it yet) a fairly new game and try it out on this one, to see what it can do.
My old bucket... don't wanna talk about it!  :P:

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are also game demos you can download, though some of the newer ones are at least a gig in size I think.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder if it could run Crysis!  :wow

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure how accurate they are but I found a listing of the system requirements at:

http://www.crysisdemo.com/crysis-system-requirements.htm

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think I should buy some good ones with Bluetooth, If I can find any!

I kind of left this stone unturned, but any sort of wireless speaker (radio, bluetooth, etc.) will have some sort of audible noise whether its background hiss or static.  You want to stick with wired through and through for quality.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll stick to this then  :yes
Thanks!