The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Surgery

Nick22 · 10 · 3329

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm having surgery tommorow to fix my left eye (the bad one). I'll be laid up for a few weeks, but I'm hoping all goes well...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Good luck and get well soon!  We'll be here when you get back.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
All the best for you Nick! I hope it won't be tough and that you will soon be with us again  :)  wich your Eye being fixed  :blink:  ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Best of luck.  I went through a very serious eye surgery back in '97 and I don't know how serious your problem is that would require surgery, but I hope for the best. :)  You probably have options I didn't have at the time.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
All the best Nick! Hope all goes well! ;)

Never been under the knife myself...and to be honest, don't particularly want to either :P:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It went well, They had to make incisons(cuts) in my eye, and removed both the vitreous(the clear gel that is located inside the eye) and the lens in my eye. i will eventually have a new one put in, but my eye is healing well so far.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Removed the vitreous? I wasn't even aware this is possible. But didn't they have to put some kind of replacement in right away to prevent the eye from "falling in" (sorry I have no better term for it)? Or did they take just some of it away as there was to much so the eye was overstreched by it?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Oh Yes, the vitreous can be removed. the vitreous helps form the eye up to about the age of 8, after that it loses its function. They removed all of the vitreous and they removed the lens because it was very badly damaged. They did put in a special oil, which will keep the retina in place while it reattaches. They also had to remove some scar tissue, young people usually create more scar tissue than old people, and the doctors will be looking to see if new scar tissue has developed to any degree.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That sounds like a very familiar operation....in fact, if you had to reattach a retina, that's exactly what I had to have done eight years ago.  They had put a fluid in there as well to keep it there, however, the downside to the operation is I received a cataract in that eye.  I've never had it taken out, and unless it nearly makes me blind, I don't plan to either.

Best of luck on your road to recovery.  I remember I didn't do anything for two weeks...and had to keep my head in a certain position--down so the fluid would press against the retina.  Is this what you have to do as well?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yep , that's exactly what I had to do. Arvens.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: