The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Prince is gone

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Music legend Prince was found dead at his home in Minnesota today, his death was very likely caused by complications from the flu. he created hits like " Purple  Rain " 1999" Little Red Corvette' Raspberry Beret' and when Doves Cry, and wrote songs for others like Sheena Easton, Steve Nicks, and Sinead O'Connor, her hit " Nothing compares 2 U' was a cover of a Prince song. A brilliant guitar player and singer, he was one of the  3 biggest stars of the 1980s,  with Micheal Jackson and Madonna, unlike the other two, he kept reinventing himself and retaining his musical gifts well into  this century. i was a big fan of his music , and the ' retelling' of a  Prince basketball game with Charlie Murphy on the Dave Chappelle show, introduced him to a new generation who didnt know his music beforehand. Prince liked the skit so much, he used an image of Chappelle dressed up as him for a 2008 album called, appropriately enough, Breakfast Can Wait". RIP Prince, your music will last forever.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Ironically, I heard "I Would Die 4 U" on the radio yesterday morning. A shame I shrugged it off now...

I was pretty shocked upon arriving home to this news. Prince was an incredible musician who brought a new revolution (no pun intended) to the music industry. I happened to be a fan of his music, particularly his 80's material featuring his experiments with synths and the LinnDrum machine, known for its distinctive sound on his material. While much of his lyrical content was rather questionable ("Darkling Nikki", which covers masturbation and sex, is one of many examples), his musical ability was truly something that was out of this world. With his recognizable vocal range and ability to play pretty much any instrument you could expect, his songwriting skills were truly something to cherish. I truly didn't expect his death to come so soon, and it's rather sad that we've lost yet another icon in the music industry this year.

RIP Prince. You may be gone, but the music will never die...

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah he wasn't my favorite singer. But still sad he died horrible to hear he died

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was shocked to hear the news today as I was driving to Kansas.  Even though I had not followed his more recent works, his music from the 1980s was always among my favorites from that era.  Between the tragic loses of Prince and David Bowie, this year has truly been a rough one on popular music.  

RIP Prince.  Your musical legacy will live on.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.