The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Usernames Gone

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I've lost the names that displayed which has someone on the area of form your on as well, I can't tell where they are only to the main page area looking who online. why take off the auto name areas on the page form areas?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
click on the link to 'moderating team' Threehorn, it shows, and the forums we moderate.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
*scratches head*

Huh?  :blink:  There's nothing missing.  Like Nick said, you can see the member levels at the bottom of the main page.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I see everything as usual too. But Nick, Roger, and I are all admins. What about the others who are no admins? Is it just threehorn, or does everyone have this problem suddenly (which would indicate some change in the setting of the board rather than a change in Threehorn's personal settings).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Oh, wait a minute...I think I know what he's on about....

I did a sort of "spring cleaning" of the admin cp to see what I felt might need to be modified/removed, etc.  I don't remember what I exactly changed, but I think I took out something about members viewing topics.  I very rarely see anyone else besides me viewing a topic at the exact same moment, and that only works if you open the topic after someone else has, and hasn't left.  It's not a "real time" indicator, so I took it off.  

If you want to see where people are, just go to the main page and under the list of members currently logged in click "last click" and you'll see where they are.  That's the most accurate way rather than trying to open all topics and hope you'll find them.

Is that what you saw missing?  Didn't know it was that big a deal since there's hardly a chance that two or more actually clicked on the topic at the same time.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
it just seems odd without it and thought something gliched cause I usually check on the fourm loction to see if they on it if I they are I don't type anything till they complete it to see what it typed up. with that now gone I can't tell specially on the LBT RPG.

So as a requested please bring it back up soon as possibly can. Or there will be confusion happening on the RPG if all three of us who does it is on at once. I don't want everything to go upside down over that area so please I ask again restore that part up soon as possible.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'd like to point out some things here:

with that now gone I can't tell specially on the LBT RPG.

I had told you in my previous post how to do it.  You watch the online list...it will say something like "Nick 22  - Posting in topic, blah blah blah"  The option you want just tells if a member happens to be viewing the topic--not whether he is posting a reply or has already left the topic for a new one.  That's where your method falls short.

Or there will be confusion happening on the RPG if all three of us who does it is on at once.

Again, I think the online list would stop that confusion, but, whatever.....

I don't want everything to go upside down over that area so please I ask again restore that part up soon as possible.

I will, but there are better ways to do what you're attempting to do.  Part of my job as forum owner is to make you guys as the members happy, and knowing how invisionfree works, I believe I have given you the best solution outside of you guys all getting on MSN at once and writing little notes saying which one of you is replying first.

I'll say one more time how to work the Online List since I think that its the only way you'll be pleased.

1.) You're on the main page with all the separate categories.  At the bottom, you see all the members that are logged in and all.

2.) Under that there's a nice link titled "Last Click"  Click that.

3.) You'll see where every registered member is at that very moment, and it will say if they are viewing a topic OR replying to a topic.

4.) Hit the refresh button on your browser as often as you like to keep updating the list.