The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Happy Father's Day

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Be sure to wish your father a great day and how much he's appreciated and what he has done for you as you've grown up. :) :)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
my dad gets 2 rather busy days in a row :p his birthday falls on the 16th XD on the 14th he got to fly a plane for his birthday gift (the 16th and 15th were booked)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Timber

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I did, He also has a nice looking Laptop. :p (although I want too burn Vesta too the ground)

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yesterday was father's day here in Mexico. We gave my dad a Hawaiian designed shirt (his favorite) and big hugs. Oh and we all went out on a family trip. :D *plays "me and my dad" from LBT X*

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
hey I like Hawiian shirts too :p

Fathers Day was not as big here as my dad's birthday (the day before) which we had a cookout.... oddly... he was the grill-guy XD meh

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I always have trouble when it comes around to father's day. I always have to ask the question..."What do you get the man who has EVERYTHING he wants?!"  :huh: In the end, I sent him a card (a humorous card mind you :D ) and seeing as he is 30miles away and i was working that Sunday, I think he appreciated it nonetheless. The problem I have with Father's day is that my little brother's birthday always falls in or around the same weekend. So when I spend out for my dad...a have to fork out for my brother at the same time!  :DD

No matter! Happy Father's Day to all dads out there!  :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Heh, good point Jason....its never easy for me to decide what my Dad might want on Father's Day.  My sisters and I each got him a card, and we pitched and got this silver beer/soda can holder to keep your drinks cold that had the Boston Red Sox on it. :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In a way fathers day is not really celebrated in Germany. While mothers day is celebrated there is the perception that fathers in general reap more awards in life than the mothers do. Whether that point of view is based on a radical interpretation of feminism or the fact that indeed women are still paid less for the same jobs as their male counterparts I cannot say; but either way fathers day is mainly perceived as a day where certain fathers go out to get drunk <_<
It sure is a day whose image would have to be polished a bit in Germany.