The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hey There! (Yes, another newbie for you all.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Where did you find "The Cold Time"? On the predecessor board of this one? I think I put some chapters online there, but I never put up the whole story. I mean to put up all my stories and pictures at the land before time gallery at www.lbt-gallery.de.vu, but it has been a long time since the owner Christian found the time to work on it. There are other pictures waiting as well (as some of you know). I'm sorry for that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Yes, that's where I found it.  Surprisingly, it's still on the first page.  Then again, there aren't many members here, so I'm not too surprised. (Though I have a feeling we'll get more once the TV series kicks off.)

Oh, and thanks for giving me that website of where I can find your fanfics.  Finally, I can finish reading TBQ.  Thank you so much. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Oh, and thanks for giving me that website of where I can find your fanfics. Finally, I can finish reading TBQ. Thank you so much.
I'm sorry, but you can't  :(
As I said I mean for the stories to be uploaded there, but Christian hasn't found any time to upload stuff to the gallery for quite a while. So far you will find only fanart (but beautiful fanart) in the gallery, including some of active members of the Gang of Five.
As for my stories I shall send them to you once my labtop is back from repairs; if that's alright with you that is.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
poke: So you don't care much for rps? No problem, to each their own.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 21 2005 on  09:58 AM
Oh, and thanks for giving me that website of where I can find your fanfics. Finally, I can finish reading TBQ. Thank you so much.
I'm sorry, but you can't  :(
As I said I mean for the stories to be uploaded there, but Christian hasn't found any time to upload stuff to the gallery for quite a while. So far you will find only fanart (but beautiful fanart) in the gallery, including some of active members of the Gang of Five.
As for my stories I shall send them to you once my labtop is back from repairs; if that's alright with you that is.
Yeah, I kinda figured that out myself.

Anyways, I'm very patient for fanfics. (Heck, one I've been waiting for a whole year to update (not yours) and I'm still willing to wait.) So I can wait until your labtop is fixed.

Just remember to send it to me as soon as possible, and I'll be VERY happy. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So I can wait until your labtop is fixed.
I can't. Something very annoying happened.
The day before yesterday I learned that my laptop, which was supposed to be back early this week, won’t be back before next week. Worse even, it is not going to be repaired at all. Thing is that a key of my laptop’s touchpad broke loose. As there is still a warranty on the laptop (it’s less than a year old) I hoped the repairs to be made on the computer company’s expense as the key broke loose just by regular use of it. The key was attached by only two very thin plastic-pins almost bound to break by abrasion if used regularly (if it was made to last there should be aluminium pins there, or at least much broader and more stable plastic pins). However, yesterday I went to ask if the laptop was back (as it was supposed to be) and was told that not only it wasn’t back, but also that the damage of the key was considered a “mechanical defect” rather than a “material defect” and that if I wanted it to be repaired I would have to pay 138 Euros (more than 10% of what a completely new laptop would cost just for putting a new touchpad key into place!). Like that was not enough I am required to pay 50 Euros to get my laptop back, even if they don’t repair anything at all! They call it “arrangement fee” while I feel tempted to consider it ransom. :-(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Oh geez....I think you just got taken for a ride.  :angry:  :angry:  What is this "key" that broke?  Since this will just be off topic, email me and we'll talk more.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 25 2005 on  04:40 PM
So I can wait until your labtop is fixed.
I can't. Something very annoying happened.
The day before yesterday I learned that my laptop, which was supposed to be back early this week, won’t be back before next week. Worse even, it is not going to be repaired at all. Thing is that a key of my laptop’s touchpad broke loose. As there is still a warranty on the laptop (it’s less than a year old) I hoped the repairs to be made on the computer company’s expense as the key broke loose just by regular use of it. The key was attached by only two very thin plastic-pins almost bound to break by abrasion if used regularly (if it was made to last there should be aluminium pins there, or at least much broader and more stable plastic pins). However, yesterday I went to ask if the laptop was back (as it was supposed to be) and was told that not only it wasn’t back, but also that the damage of the key was considered a “mechanical defect” rather than a “material defect” and that if I wanted it to be repaired I would have to pay 138 Euros (more than 10% of what a completely new laptop would cost just for putting a new touchpad key into place!). Like that was not enough I am required to pay 50 Euros to get my laptop back, even if they don’t repair anything at all! They call it “arrangement fee” while I feel tempted to consider it ransom. :-(
Ouch!  If you ask me, in computer deals, you got ripped off.

Don't mean to brag or anything, but despite my computer costing me $1400, I get repairs free of charge. (Unless somehow all the data is lost, in which case I only pay $60.) Not to mention that with the fact that they only hire the best at repairing, I get it back in only a few days.  If one does the math, it only takes a certian number of repairs to pay for itself.

Just recently got my DVD-Rom fixed. (It wasn't reading ANY DVDs.) And got my A Drive checked. (Which surprisingly didn't have any problems.  Must be the disk I was using. *sighs.* Guess I have to throw it away. *tosses disk into the garbage*) Guess what it cost me?  Just my signature.

Oh, wondering where I got such a great deal?  A place called Totally Awesome Computers.  Despite their computers being VERY expensive, with the free repair service, it's worth EVERY penny.