The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finger lickin' good

Petrie. · 50 · 6606

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Will you at least give us the option of the old or new scheme Petire?  Ya don't have to create anything else.

BTW, I got off my crap laptop and viewed this site on my real computer, and I just gotta say, great job Petire!  It looked like crap on my laptop though.  Probably my 800X600 resolution.

To sum it up, I love it now that I'm off that laptop.  I changed my mind! :^.^:

I do however get on my laptop quite often, so I would love to have the option of switching between schemes.  Is there any way you could do that Petrie?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Will you at least give us the option of the old or new scheme Petire? Ya don't have to create anything else.

No.

BTW, I got off my crap laptop and viewed this site on my real computer, and I just gotta say, great job Petire! It looked like crap on my laptop though. Probably my 800X600 resolution.

I designed it with higher resolution monitors in mind, and the default these days even in libraries is 1024x768.  It'll vary with monitors too since some people like theirs brighter than others (I have mine maxed out).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Well...
I'm not quite convinced of the necessity of this step. Personally I think that we fared really well with the previous background image. Even though you definitely made sure to pick an image which wouldn't be a distracting background during the reading of posts I still think it is more so than the previous was.
I see where you are coming from when saying that we had the previous image for a long time I'm not quite sure that really was a reason to take the trouble for a different image which might turn out to be not quite as suitable as the previous one. Perhaps it is the same as with the land before time in general. While some changes are very important to keep the land before time interesting other changes are not really necessary or worse. Anyway. :unsure:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Wow, big middle-of-the-road answer Malte.  :P:  The text colors and "add reply" button things were changed as well.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually like the reply buttons better than the prior ones. Those old ones just looked a little odd the first minute I saw them as a guest. However... I still prefer the older background image over this one. The main thing, though, is that there is a certain empty feeling with some of the areas. This, I suppose, is mainly caused by the absence of the borders.

EDIT: The background image is missing. action9000, did you have anything to do with this? :blink:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hi,

I made some changes to the background image.  I took a new screenshot (from the DVD instead of an AVI rip).  I photoshopped The grassy area on the right-hand side to make it darker and easier to read test through and also balanced the brightness and contrast to create a more subtle background effect.

I'm only on my temporary computer (with...not the best monitor) at the moment so I hope it looks as nice on everyone else's computer as it does on mine.

What do you think of the changes?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I WAS RIGHT! The guilty party has came forth! :lol Actually, I do notice a visible improvement over the prior image. I mean, really, an AVI rip!? Now, all I suppose is missing are the borders.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I WAS RIGHT! The guilty party has came forth!
Yeah...I broke something for a moment... :lol
Now, all I suppose is missing are the borders.
Oh right, you folks on the newer browsers (IE7) don't see the default borders.  I'll get working on that asap. B)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One thing I do notice about this background, is it makes me dizzy when I scroll really fast. :lol: Must be some sorta effect of the grass or something. :huh:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Nice modification Tim. :)  I wouldn't worry about borders; its fine as it is.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Well it's a bit of an improvement, no complains from me so far.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
While I wasn't here when the back ground changed, I will say, when I first joined here, the color background did depress me a bit. It was such a huge difference between Tropicalia's forum with her bright colored skins and then join here.  :P:

Funny, I actually do like dark stuff, but still, that's just how I felt. *shrugs*

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Speaking of which, it's coming up on a year anniversary of this new background and theme.  3 days until a year has passed.  Perhaps it's time to spice stuff up again?  We have gotten tons of new members since August of 2007. :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I've no interest in mucking with board schemes this year.  We're probably good for another year with this one. :p

Rat-lady, the GOF won't have a bright scheme.  I'm not fond of them, and when you go through and read many messages on a bright board, your eyes will hurt after some time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The current one looks ok.  I prefer dark backgrounds myself, likely because my eyes are so light sensitive.  I do like the background the few times I've seen it, usually I keep my monitor settings fairly low so the background looks almost black.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 8 2008 on  03:02 AM
Rat-lady, the GOF won't have a bright scheme.  I'm not fond of them, and when you go through and read many messages on a bright board, your eyes will hurt after some time.
That's okay. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I really do think that the bright green standard username color really clashes with the rest of the theme.  The admin one does as well, but not too much.  I think you should change the member colors to that dark blue you chose for banned members (except maybe a few shades lighter) and you should make the admin color a little darker red.  Have the green for banned members.  We hardly ever see banned members so the color of their text doesn't really matter.  I'm not saying that our member names should totally blend in with the background, but they are a bit annoying to me anyways because of their bright colors.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll see what I can do but no guarantees on that one.  They need to be readable you know.