The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Decorating early

Petrie. · 50 · 6103

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
All these final papers kind of have got me to the stressed point, so I needed to do some decorating. :P:  Anything else we should consider?  I usually don't do much.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Yes, there needs to be a mistletoe at the entrance of the midnight forums... and Action9000 needs to dawn his Christmas elf costume

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was planning on holding out until December 1 to do this, but since Petrie here decided to jump the bandwagon, I figured it was time to pull out my Maltby-style avatar. I like the Chomper/Littlefoot picture, and how you have multiple images set up for the logo display. If you don't normally do much, then that's fine (as I don't know what you did in the past, since I only discovered this site in July of this year). The only thinks I can think of right now are a nice border for the post box borders and such (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about ;) ), and mabey a nice background, thought that may not be possible to arrange, since a good Christmas-style LBT-themed background picture might be hard to come by. It would have to be fanart of some sort.

EDIT: Well... there's one border up now. :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm lovin' the decor, Petrie!  Great job, as usual. B)
Action9000 needs to dawn his Christmas elf costume
I'll see what I can dig up :p :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I forgot to save the code from last year so it took me a spell to figure out where the holly line was supposed to be placed. :p

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, indeedie, very nice work on the decoration thus so far

hm, just for the el of it, I'm tempted to draw Littlefoot with fake antlers on and christmas lights and other ornaments around that scrawny neck of his

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I've put Santa costumes on some of the gang in the past. :p  Come mid-December I'll put up my traditional Santa-donning, Petrie avatar.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't suppose that that is photoshopped, is it? :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't suppose that that is photoshopped, is it? 
As far as I know it's legitimate. :lol:  It looks possible, that's for sure.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, if McDonalds can put Shrek characters in Christmas apparel then I'm sure some other random company can do the same with LBT.

Nice toy, Action9o0o

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure how hard it would be but maybe some more Christmas themed avatars for folks who may want to use them.  

Maybe each section can have a different Christmas themed decorations.  Like some mentioned mistletoe.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Can't everyone make their own Christmas themed avatars?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some of us do not have fancy software some others have, nor artistic skills.  Great decorations, I enjoy them thanks.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, it's not something I'd want permenently, but It's cool by the looks of it.  I can't really tell too much since I'm on a cell phone and don't currently have access to a computer with internet.

EDIT:  Okay.  I made a new avatar since it's so close to christmas.  I just used the infared port on my laptop for the first time to wirelessly transfer my new avatar from the computer (which doesn't have internet) to my cell phone and then I uploaded to photobucket via the cell phone.  It was fun. :D Merry christmas everyone! :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 26 2007 on  11:20 PM
Maybe each section can have a different Christmas themed decorations.  Like some mentioned mistletoe.
Honestly, that's too much work. :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Maybe each section can have a different Christmas themed decorations. Like some mentioned mistletoe.

Honestly, that's too much work.

I don't know how invisionfree is set up, but if it's using straight html/css code, then it's REALLY too much work :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
CSS actually...not something I know too much about.  This isn't ezboard here.  :P:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
EDIT: Why did I do that double post like that? I thought sure that Petrie posted last.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's one of few things ezBoard can do that InvisionFree can't (at least not very easily) -- different logos and color schemes for each forum. Nevertheless, I feel that ezBoard is blindingly inferior to InvisionFree.

http://cbastudios.profusehost.net/pictures..._screenshot.jpg

It also looks like the mistletoe border wasn't big enough for InvisionFree, ha ha ha. :lol  Did you use the same border for two or more different places, Petrie? It sure looks like that border didn't fit well for the place I have marked off. :rolleyes: