The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ozzy and Strut

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I decided to make a thingy about two of my favorite villains (Other then the Sharptooth in the first movie)

Eggs..

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
:D
I always liked these two! They were a lot of fun to watch.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Those two are certainly among the more interesting villains of LBT. Unlike in case of the Sharpteeth who just follow natures command Ozzy and Strut both show some truly vicious traits.
Unlike the sharpteeth those two omnivores would have the option to eat plants as well and the conflicts between the two on that matter make rather clear that they do have a choice in this matter.
One thing that may sometimes be missed is the fact that it takes a while until Ozzy (the chief of this villain couple) goes beyond just going after eggs. Only when Littlefoot challenges Ozzy (who had his friends cornered but by the sound of it did not mean to do anything but intimidating them) Ozzy is going at him (and even there it may be questioned how far he would have gone).
The comic relief Strut also has an almost tragic air to him. He would be just fine eating plants, he might even prefer plants to eggs (we never hear his judgment on those), but he won't ever step out of his brother's shadow. At least he won't while his brother is around while I could imagine him to be more at ease, "friendlier", and more helpless if his brother was not around.
This is not to say though that Strut was all good while all the bad came from his brother. After all Strut is the one to make up the plan to murder Littlefoot by dropping him from the Great Wall.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those 2 were interesting foes and had the choice to not do what they were doing.  Strut was, in my opinion, less evil then his brother, but still had some traits.  Maybe that his how he is naturally, or it could be an influence from his brother.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kinda a bummer they dont appear in anymore movies (Although it might be possable Ozzy appears in Movie 4) and i do kinda agree, sharpteeth aren't really villains, sure their scary but thats their nature. Ozzy is a different story, he had a choice but chose eggs over plants.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Both of then could be in the 4th movie.  If they escaped from Chomper's parents one or both of them may have decided it's safer to go back their herd then living alone.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
yep, and not to mention in the one(only) land before time game i have there is a struthiumimus that appears in the opening running off with an egg, that struthiumimus could be Strut (Because of the coloring) but at the same time i think it could be Ozzy stealing the egg. that or its niether.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What I'm surprised by is the fact that some fans of LBT at YouTube actually find Ozzy attractive.

I'm serious! :blink:

To be honest, I don't see it.  Then again, I'm a guy.  What do I know? -_-

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny thing was, i actually saw a comment on one of the LBT 2 videos like that ^_^ Cant remember what the name of the poster was though :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see, a comment from the "Eggs" song:

lotten16
Ozzy is somehow attractive for being an egg-eating dinosaur

So if we want to find out, we have to ask lotten16.

Or better yet, why don't we ask our own obsessed fan here?  Why do you, babidikrakenguard, find him attractive? (Don't try to hide it, it's too obvious. ;))

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it's due to his being actually evil & intelligent, unlike some other villains that have appeared in lbt.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Biting the stone, falling for Chomper's shadow, being unable to keep the kids even when they were at bay (during the volcano eruption), and not taking any advantage (other than letting his brother carry the stolen egg for a while) of the fact that he is not a lone hunter I would not exactly consider Ozzy the brightest bulb in the chandelier. I'm afraid we have yet to see a truly intelligent villain in LBT.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You should see my obssesion of Davy Jones..

As i've said: no clue what happened, just watched LBT 2 and started to like him. Not sure why, just did.. Still, no matter how handsom a villain is (Davy Jones, not Ozzy) Maleficent is still my favorite of all time, but enough about that..

strawberryanarchist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I like these two =] I sadly never remember which was which but it's been a while since I saw Land before time 2

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm afraid we have yet to see a truly intelligent villain in LBT.

except of course for Pterano, he had a good plan, just got some misinformation

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ozzy and Strut do some evil things later in the movie, but it could be argued that they only do so because the GoF unintentially reduces them to near starvation.  

I'd be pissed as well if a bunch of kids kept getting in the way of my meals.  

It could also be interpreted that they don't want to kill Littlefoot moreso just get him out of the way by throwing him off the Great Wall (after all he would be trapped in the mysterious beyond with the nasty hungry sharpteeth in their minds)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They must have been starving indeed by the end of the movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could also be interpreted that they don't want to kill Littlefoot moreso just get him out of the way by throwing him off the Great Wall (after all he would be trapped in the mysterious beyond with the nasty hungry sharpteeth in their minds)
The place where they meant to drop him from the Great Wall was well within the Great Valley though rather than beyond the (not yet rebuild) barrier. What they said also suggested that they meant to see Littlefoot dead.

They must have been starving indeed by the end of the movie.
They are probably kind of survivalists. Omnivores that they are I suspect if there is no alternative whatsoever even Ozzy might eat some green stuff, though he would probably die of mortification if Strut ever saw him doing that.

Invaderbecky

• Ruby
    • View Profile
They have a great song, I would say Strut would be more hungry at the end, and Ozzy just plain annoyed, they just wanted food, of course I see it as murder of a baby in an egg, I like Ozzys singing voice, Strut was funny. They come back in an espisode.