The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

TLBT: Sing-Along Songs Review

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, after all this time of owning it, I finally sat down and watched The Land Before Time: Sing-Along Songs, and I do have problems with it that I'd like to discuss.

First off, HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU SCREW UP "WHEN YOU'RE BIG" LIKE THAT, UNIVERSAL!!!???

Okay, maybe I overreacted there, but one thing I can't stand is when they decide to use different voice actors when there was no need.  I checked both The Land Before Time 3 "When You're Big" scene and the Sing-Along version, and I could tell they were different voice actors.  There's no need for it.  All you have to do is just take the original scene and add in some text.  I could easily do that in half an hour!  There's no need for new voice actors.  It was very unnecessary, Universal.

Next up, with half the songs, they're not even trying.  Oh sure, there's plenty of text in songs like Grandma's Lullaby, Kids Like Us, Peaceful Valley, etc, but why is there hardly any in Eggs, Who Needs You, Standing Tough and a couple of others?

The point of a Sing-Along Songs video is to teach others how to sing it through means of text.  When it's gone, what is the point?  Heck, I actually prefer those old "follow the bouncing-ball" videos over this. (Yeah, remember those?)

Seriously, what's the point of calling it a "Sing-Along" when there's no text to sing along with?

The educational part of the video about Dinosaurs was done well.  I can live with that quite easily.

As a video that has all the songs, it does well at it.  As a Sing-Along, however, it does fall short.  When not all the songs have text, what's the point of calling it a Sing-Along?

I hope you enjoyed my review of it.  Thank you and good day! :)

Bruton the Iguanodon

What's the difference between the voices in the movie version of when youre big and the singalong version?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Dec 28 2011 on  08:17 PM
What's the difference between the voices in the movie version of when youre big and the singalong version?
They just sound too different from one another.  You really have to watch both to understand what is going on.

However, since giving links to such content is against the rules, I sadly can't show you to prove my point.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
we got the sing along DVD back in 2008 thats  how I wanted to watch the land before time movies I was 11 then I became obsessed I'm 14 now I'll be 15 in two months
I wont'feel bad about liking it though I LOVE IT AND I LOVE THE CHARACTERS! ;)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: RainbowGirl 39,Jan 24 2013 on  07:19 PM
we got the sing along DVD back in 2008 thats  how I wanted to watch the land before time movies I was 11 then I became obsessed I'm 14 now I'll be 15 in two months
I wont'feel bad about liking it though I LOVE IT AND I LOVE THE CHARACTERS! ;)
glad to hear it XD

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I listened to the sing a longs and they're not that good but they're okay not my favorite.