The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

500 Members!!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If anyone looks down at the bottom of the home page, you'll notice that this forum has finally reached 500 members! :)

Too bad some of the best members aren't around to enjoy this. (ie WeirdRaptor, Mumbling, etc.)

Still, how to go about celebrating this moment in the history of our forum?

Suggestions?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A pinkie pie type of party?  

Seriously it seems like a milestone.  Not sure how to celebrate, other then the thread you started here.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know Mumbling is taking a break what happened to Weird Raptor?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
And Not sure trying to think of something. It's a great day to have 500 members join this forum even tho a ton of them quit.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
500 members? Bah, humbug! Wake me back up when we reach 1,000 members! *collapses for no apparant reason*

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Both mumbling and WR will be back, WR is currently serving a suspension, the details of which I'm not going to divulge. He'll be back early next month. as for the milestone, it is something worth marking I will agree. 500 members in under 7 years? not bad at all..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah yeah Mumbling took a break from this place. And ah okay just wondering. I don't need to know how he got suspended but hope he comes back a better and wiser member. And I hope he learned his lesson. And I know 501 members isn't a bad mile stone in seven years. That is amazing.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Technically, we would have hit 500 members some time ago. I forget when exactly this happened, but I do remember when Malte deleted some accounts, which I can assure you was a long and careful process. Malte wanted to delete only the accounts that were more than a year old and had made zero posts. (Some had not even logged in since they were created many years ago!) He also made sure to contact each and every one of them before doing anything, in hopes that some might come back and start posting. I think we ended up getting rid of two or three dozen "empty accounts" by the end of it all. I think if we did the same thing right now, there might also be about two dozen "empty accounts" that currently do nothing but take up space.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If my count is right we have 85 accounts at the moment that have 0 posts and some 33 who posted one single time. It is always a pleasure to see some event that can be read as symbolizing the continuing growth / success of the GOF as a community. But numbers, postcounts etc. may sometimes be overestimated. A few interesting posts or a member who posts regularly are greater contributions / contributors to the GOF than a high number of posts with little content or members who don't write anything themselves (which is not meant however to be a snide against those who prefer to just follow threads or read posts in the GOF, but just a little invitation for them to give it a try ;)).

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile