The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Remaking LBT Songs or Music *Survey*

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm really looking forward to listen to the pure opening themes
I am going to purposely delay my work on the Opening themes and focus on other projects in the near future.  Why?
I will be ordering Symphonic Gold in the near future (as soon as my 40% discount comes in the mail).  Once I receive my copy of Symphonic Gold, I shall return to work on the opening themes, using Legal, top-quality software! B)

Right now, I can work with Colossus, a program that is less-than-ideal for purely orchestral music.  It's good, but not as powerful as Symphonic Gold.  Colossus is designed as a powerful all-around piece of software.  Symphonic Gold is dedicated to orchestral music.  I'll simply wait until I get Gold in the mail before resuming work on this project.

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I love Orchestral, but isn't the music already orchestral?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
isn't the music already orchestral?
This may sound strange, but that's actually the point.
The original opening themes all contain large amounts of narration, which  detract from the listening experience of the original music.  My goal is to redo them as accurately as possible (perhaps adding in slight changes for expression or enhancement, but nothing major) to remove any distractions from the music.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, that sounds hard. Good Luck!
Haha, thanks a lot! B)

What I need now, is something to do while I wait for Symphonic Gold to arrive: I don't want to do anything overly orchestral, as I don't want to have to transcribe all my work into Symphonic Gold when I get it. Believe me, that's not much fun (I can't just copy/paste)! :P:

So let's see...what to work on while I wait...something either entirely MIDI-based, or using purely Colossus...

[Looks at Colossus to see what instruments there are to play with. Sees Lots of guitars, all the GM instruments, quite a bit of percussion, some eastern instruments, and some techno stuff]

How about a simple arrangement of Always There, just to pass some time? B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to *try* making Always There into a "Tribal Dance/Ritual" style.  Bear with me on this one. B)  :P:

[EDIT] Well, I've got a pretty good rhythm / percussion section going, but the problem with this style is, what can I use for accompaniment? There aren't all that many melodic instruments that are suitable for this style!
[/EDIT]

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd Love to use strings, I really would.  I'm just not sure it fits with the style.
Unfortunately, this style seems Very restricting.  This is what happens when I come up with some random genre at 11:00 at night. :P:

I'll post a link to my efforts to far, in a few minutes.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/index.html
link up! B)
Alright, it's just a really rough version.  I'll patch it up if I feel it's worthwhile.  This may have been a bad idea, but at least it was fun to try. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^  :lol:  :lol:

Sounds like I'm on a Native American reservation or something.  Sometimes the melody of the song with the pipe flute doesn't match the drums in the background so it sounds like someone missed a beat here or there....that's all I find wrong with it presently.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sometimes the melody of the song with the pipe flute doesn't match the drums in the background so it sounds like someone missed a beat here or there
That's because someone did. :p
I recorded that melody from playing on my keyboard, in one attempt with no post-editing.  That Pan Flute you hear is from Colossus though, not from my keyboard's sounds.  I just recorded the data input.  I hadn't practiced this song in a couple of months before this, so I'm even amazed I got it that good :p

I'll fix that up eventually, but I'll be at work all day today (gotta pay for my software somehow!)