The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Netflix

Petrie. · 10 · 3574

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Upon the closing of our last brick-and-mortar store in the area, there was no way to rent movies except through Red Box (not recommended!!!).  I've received the "try netflix" offer before and felt it was time to try it.

You have two ways to receive movies - through the mail on dvd or you can watch online with a PC (or through internet ready devices like xbox or Wii).  I've tried both, the online watching and through DVD.  It basically takes one business day to get the DVD in your queue which is pretty quick in my opinion (e.g. drop the dvd in the mail on Monday, you get a new one on Wednesday).  Online viewing is dictated by your connection speed and automatically adjusts if you have a slower connection.  Films look good, not dvd-quality but its not meant to be if you're going the online route.  Even my slowish 900kbps cable connection at my apartment could handle Netflix streaming but at its lowest quality setting.  Still watchable but the quality was noticeably degraded compared to the film at my parents (with the 5mbps connection :p ).

Unlimited plans start at $8.99 and I'm happy with that plan.

http://www.netflix.com  (you'll probably get an offer for a free trial...take a chance). :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I like netflix myself. I usually get two dvds at a time when I rent them. :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I use it too. I mostly watch Instant View though.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I remeber when Netflix came out, it was mailed to you DVDs. Then streaming came along. I use Netflix today, and enjoy it. Right now that have most of the Power Rangers shows and The Last Samurai. I an content. :) 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I recall my uncle introduced me to this program, and we used it for about a month until we got bored of it. There are decent and crappy movies/tv series there, and I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone based on my experience.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I recall my uncle introduced me to this program, and we used it for about a month until we got bored of it. There are decent and crappy movies/tv series there, and I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone based on my experience.

That was true until a couple of months ago when they startes getting premium content. There is so much from Power Rangers to Indiana Jones to Gilmore Gilrs and more.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile

That was true until a couple of months ago when they startes getting premium content. There is so much from Power Rangers to Indiana Jones to Gilmore Gilrs and more.
Different countries actually get different packages. The package of shows that Netflix caters for mine through their demographics and prediction is...not too great, I just admit.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Different countries actually get different packages. The package of shows that Netflix caters for mine through their demographics and prediction is...not too great, I just admit.

I did not know Netflix has different content in different countries.  That seems odd, why not allow the same content for all like Disney+.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:00:40 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
That’s interesting how Netflix used to just be DVD subscriptions. We first got it in 2013, at which point it was pretty much the same as it is today.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Honestly, I might be getting Netflix soon, which is good.  But what bothers me is that without a Netflix subscription, I miss some really good original shows and movies, and lord knows when they get released on DVD because it’s rare when a streaming service releases a show or movie from Netflix to DVD/Blu-ray.