The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

a land before time petrie pin

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hmm...I might bid on that thing (unless someone else here wants it. :p).

Something that confuses me, though: why does all the merchandise for the original LBT portray Petrie with black wings and a blue head? :huh: :slap :wacko :confused

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Oct 21 2009 on  10:08 PM
Hmm...I might bid on that thing (unless someone else here wants it. :p).

Something that confuses me, though: why does all the merchandise for the original LBT portray Petrie with black wings and a blue head? :huh: :slap :wacko :confused
I think that was suppose to be his orignal color but they made him brown in the movie.

This pin looks really valuable but I have no use for it.  :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Interesting....the design certainly does imply its from the original and isn't merchandise related to the sequels.  At the moment I'm not interested, but five days is a bit of a wait. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think this one must have belonged to a series of brooches that was released in 1988 when the movie came out. Petrie being black and blue (no pun intended :lol) can be found frequently on merchandise of the original movie while I think this depiction of him was never used for any merchandise of the sequels.
A Petrie plush which I have since the days of the original movie is also black and blue. In case of the sequels the merchandise usually sports the "bat-version" of Petrie. Personally I would definitely prefer the black and blue version though I am seriously wondering what is wrong with these merchandise producing facilities and which evil power keeps them from coming up with a Petrie that is true to his appearance in the movies :p
I have seen a brooch that must have been from the same series and depicted Littlefoot (come to think of it I may even have that one though I am not a 100% certain).
Good luck with the bidding Pangea (I certainly won't compete with you for it).  

There are probably some land before time brooches existing (can't even be absolutely sure if they really ever did exist) which would probably be THE LBT item I am most after in the world. Two brooches of Littlefoot and Ducky dating from 1988 were the positives for my first tin molds. Ever since I got those I saw only one of them again on ebay. Still I consider it more likely than not that where there was a Littlefoot and Ducky there would have been more brooches of Cera, Petrie, and Spike as well, but I never ever saw any image to prove that theory. If anyone ever found a picture of one of thoes I would be really most obligued. If anyone would obtain one of them and borrow it (or them) to me to make a tin mold I would return the brooches (they are not destroyed during the mold making) along with the tin figures after completing the molds.
Does that read like a WANTED poster? ;)

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
sorry if this is a little off topic but I dont want to start a new topic

if anyone is interested theirs a Littlefoot mug on sell on Ebay now

http://cgi.ebay.com/LAND-BEFORE-TIME-MUG_W...=item230385ed6d

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Ooh, that looks interesting, too! :! I don't drink coffee (and seldom use mugs in general), but may consider bidding on it, being an avid collector of LBT merchandise (among many other themes :p). This, of course, means that I have to be careful when I visit eBay, lest I go broke buying things there. :rolleyes

Also, good call reusing this topic. :yes There are too many LBT items sold on eBay (not to mention the ephemeralness of such sales) to warrant separate topics for each one.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.