The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

22nd Anniversary of The Land Before Time

Pangaea · 10 · 2858

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I woke up at 4 AM today, and after I noticed that it was the 18th, I could swear I had a nagging thought in the back of my head that there was something important about the date. I think it hit me at around 7 AM: I thought, “Holy buckets! It’s The Land Before Time’s 22nd anniversary!” :blink: Or, as Malte would say, it’s LBT’s second schnappszahl birthday! :smile

Specifically, today is the anniversary of the original movie’s release in the United States (The second schnappszahl of LBT’s German release won’t be until June 22, 2011). Unfortunately I don’t have anything to commemorate the occasion. (It would’ve been nice if I’d remembered sooner and made a birthday picture for LBT. Oh well.)

Anyway, a happy 22nd birthday to The Land Before Time! :birthday :birthday :celebrate :cheers Here's hoping Universal will think to release an anniversary edition of the movie one of these days. :angel

P.S. For those who don't know, a schnappszahl (am I spelling it right?) is a German word for a number with two or more digits in which all of the digits are the same. 11 is the first schnappszahl number, 33 is the third, 222 is the eleventh, you get the idea. (I learned the term from Malte on my own 22nd birthday, and now I look for any opportunity to use it. :p)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, 22 already huh? This movie will always be a classic :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
22 years old?  Dang!  Starting to make me feel old!

Happy Birthday, The Land Before Time! :birthday

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
22nd anniversary, quite a bit of time has passed already indeed.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, happy XXII anniversary Land Before Time  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  ;)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, twenty-two years old?
Happy Anniversary to the Land Before Time, it will always be a classic, not just in animation terms but in film history.:D

:celebrate  :celebrate :celebrate

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Back from 1988, The Land Before Time is 25 years old in 2013. :celebrate :lol  :birthday
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's amazing to see how the Land Before Time is now 25 years old. I was three years old when the first and on;y greatest Land Before Time Came out. The movie is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year. Amazing to see after 25 years I still love the movie. And I still cry my eyes out to this day at the end of the movie. I'm a 28 year old man that still cries at the end of the movie. Is that embarrassing to some of you guys? Well It's a amazing year we're celebrating 25 years of the Land Before Time.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not yet, we still have to wait a couple of months before the official birthday :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah okay it's still awesome that I was alive to witness when it first came out. And I know  lot of people where as well.