The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite album?

Guest · 14 · 3363

Bruton the Iguanodon

What's the greatest album ever made, in your opinion?

I consider Sheryl Crow's 1993 record, Tuesday Night Music Club, to be it, or at least a contender.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Slayer's Hell Awaits. I'm not kidding.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think The Beatles album "Revolver" is one of the best albums ever made, and is the predecessor of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which is widely known as the greatest album of all time.  :smile Also, Rubber Soul is another honorable mention from the Beatles. My other favorite Beatles albums are Please Please Me, A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour, and Abbey Road. :DD

Other Personal faves:

Rumours- Fleetwood Mac
Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack
Rhythm Nation- Janet Jackson
Janet- Janet Jackson
Spice- The Spice Girls
Spiceworld- The Spice Girls (I regret nothing!!!!!!) :smile
Stripped- Christina Aguilera
The Fame + The Fame Monster- Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream- Katy Perry
Born This Way- Lady Gaga
Femme Fatale- Britney Spears
Lotus- Christina Aguilera
Take Me Home- One Direction

Sorry there's a lot  :rolleyes:

Bruton the Iguanodon

Don't worry, I've got a lot, too.  :exactly

I love Janet Jackson's "Janet" too, but I really love her album "The Velvet Rope". I highly suggest you hear it.

Other favorites of mine include Madonna's "Ray Of Light"...I like "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories" though, too, cause I can really listen to those all the way through. I also really like Norah Jones' "Come Away with me" and Vanessa Carlton's "Be Not Nobody" (The latter came out just around the time I was getting really into LBT in 2002...before that only the occasional viewing of movie 4---which we owned---a few viewings of movie 5 on TV, and the airing of movie 2 that introduced me to LBT were what my LBT library pretty much consisted of. But I've already written down my story about LBT, which basically includes every single detail about my history with the series.  ;) )

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Velvet Rope is a good album, though not quite as good as her first 3 I don't think, but that's just me.  :rolleyes: I've never heard Erotica or Bedtime Stories. The titles of those albums are probably the reason I've shyed away from ever listening to them. D; I do, however, love Madonna's 80s music up until Vogue :smile

Also, I forgot to mention Olly Murs' self-titles debut album in the UK, as well as his 2nd UK album, In Case You Didn't Know are great albums too <3 (but then again, Olly Murs is never NOT great ;) )

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful (Link goes to full playlist on youtube)

Fun fact: Prof. Richard Dawkins has spoken-word parts on two songs in this album; Shudder Before the Beautiful and The Greatest Show on Earth.

Every time these guys release an album, it blows my fricking mind. :p

Since 2004's "Once" album, I've always thought they took charge of the symphonic metal genre but I also always felt there was room to evolve and improve the genre.

Then Dark Passion Play was released, which ran with the darker side of the genre to a gorgeously-powerful extreme. Not as elegant as Once but beautifully-gritty and powerful in its own respect.

Then Imaginaerum was released and it evolved on 90% of what I'd hoped to see the genre evolve into...and went in directions I had never even considered. It was brilliance embodied.

And then THIS came out and evolved (no pun intended) the genre all over again. The 23-minute finale track, "The Greatest Show on Earth" is a mini-opera about the evolution of Earth and humanity and is an incredible experience if you can enjoy it uninterrupted.

Nightwish has yet to disappoint me. Every time they put something out, no matter how amazing their last release was, their next one is just as good or better. It's unbelievable. I'm forever wondering how they're POSSIBLY going to top that....and then they do. I am honestly in awe of this ability and what I strive for as an artist.

Looking forward to the live show in March!  :yes

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme by Simon & Garfunkel with Paul Simon's Graceland a close second. Absolutely every song on either album are amazing  :duckyhappy

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is hard for me to do... I have so many.

Classic Rock - Revolver by The Beatles

Prog Rock - The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd

Metal - Sabotage by Black Sabbath

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I don't know about a favorite all time album, it would be extremely hard to pick one, and plus I don't really think of albums most of the time, but rather the individual songs and singles themselves.

But one album I really love is Ghost Reveries by Opeth. Every single song on that album, quite literally rocks. But many of their other songs and albums are also amazing to listen to, and they are just an awesome progressive metal band in general. :D

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
It’s hard to choose, but I’d have to pick Bon Jovi’s Slippery when Wet album.  Every song in that album rocks, and my favorite in that album is Livin’ on a Prayer.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Probably Abbey Road by The Beatles, the last album they ever recorded together. You'd never know from listening to all the beautifully-made songs on there that the band was about to implode.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile