The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Good Fan-Fictions

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been on FF.net a lot recently. I was reading this one fan-fic and saw that the author had given a list of recommended fan-fictions. I thought "Why not do the same on GoF?" So, I'm doing that here. Just post the link to a fan-fiction (doesn't have to be on FF.net), title (If you have not already given the title), the category it is in (applies to FF.net fan-fictions only), the genres (FF.net), the rating (again, FF.net), and a brief description of the fan-fiction. I'll keep all the links up here, so that you don't have to scroll down to find the links.
-----
Submitted by lbt/cty_lover
  • Alaga”sia Meets Middle Earth
    Alaga”sia Meets Middle Earth - Lord of the Rings - Adventure/Fantasy - K+ - Eragon/LoTR cross-over. Legolas and Gimli, on way to Undying Lands, unexpectedly arrive in Alaga”sia.
  • nogarE, Inheritance Cycle - Parody/Humor - T - A parody of the Eragon movie.
  • Land Before Time: The Great War - Land Before Time - Drama/Adventure - T - Sharpteeth gathering to attack Great Valley. Littlefoot and gang must help the Valley stop them.
  • The Devil's Return
    The Devil's Return - Land Before Time - Adventure/Family - T - Someone is looking for revenge.
  • Eragon: The Remix - X-overs - Humor/Fantasy - K+ - A cross-over that involves most of my favorite things; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Eragon, ninjas, Pirates of the Caribbean, Doctor Who, and Lord of the Rings. Also, it is hilarious.
My Eragon/Saphira Recommendations
I personally like the idea of Eragon and Saphira pairings. It makes the plot more interesting. So I will keep those under a subset of my recommendations. That's just me, though.
  • Bonded - Inheritance Cycle - Adventure/Parody - T - Eragon gets gedwey ignasia cut off, transformed into dragon.
  • The Future Begins - Inheritance Cycle - Adventure/Romance - T - Eragon and Saphira want to settle down, but fate has other plans. One of the best Eragon fan-fics.
  • Sapphire Chronicles - Inheritance Cycle - Suspense/Romance - T - Eragon and Saphira captured by Galbatorix. Saphira corrupted by the evil king. Lots of good writing.
  • Sapphire Chronicles: Paradise Lost - Inheritance Cycle - Adventure/Tragedy - T - Sequel to Sapphire Chronicles.
  • Reborn - Inheritance Cycle - Romance/Adventure - T - Eragon's life takes an unexpected turn. The fate of Alagaesia rests in his hands.
  • Return of the Dragons - Inheritance Cycle - Adventure/General - T - The dragons of Alagaesia were not always as powerful or ferocious, but the history of the dragon race has been lost for millennia. That is, until Eragon and Saphira stumble upon a crystal.
  • New Hope for the Dragons and riders - Inheritance Cycle - Adventure/General - T - A mysterious dragon/griffin hybrid appears, and two dragons are found in a crystal. What does this mean for Alagaesia?
Submitted by Rat_Lady7
  • Shadow Fire - Land Before Time - Adventure/Suspense - K+ - Petrie has nightmares, and tries to find Shadow Flyers.
  • After The Stone of Cold Fire - Land Before Time - K - Adventure/Friendship - After LBT 7. One-shot story.
Submitted by DarkHououmonSubmitted by LettuceBacon&TomatoSubmitted by Serris
  • Out of the Shadows - LBT - Angst/Supernatural - M - Chomper has turned evil.
  • Revenge - LBT - Adventure/Suspense - T - Sierra and Rinkus kidnap Ali to get back at Littlefoot.
  • The Mysterious World - Mystery/Adventure - LBT - T - Post-apocalyptic science fiction meets LBT.
  • Rebellion Starts Tonight - Pokemon - Romance/Supernatural - T - Giovanni creates dark legendary Pokemon. It is up to the true legends to stop them.
  • War of the Worlds - LBT - Adventure/General - T - Sharpteeth invade the Great Valley.
  • Remnants - LBT - Adventure - T - The sharpteeth have returned, this time under a new leader. NOTE: this is not finished and has a high likelihood of never being finished.
Submitted by Cancerian Tiger
  • Warriors of the Solar System - LBT - Adventure/Sci-Fi - T - It's a sci-fi fic in which the Gang are gradually becoming Solar Warriors which have to fight off the Nijiza, an evil clan of thugs.
  • The Return of Sharptooth - Land Before Time - Adventure/Drama - T -  In this one, the original Sharptooth finds his way into the valley looking to seek revenge on Littlefoot and his posse.
  • The Big Quarrel - Land Before Time - General - K - Cera never took back her insult towards Littlefoot's mom. Here is what happens because of it.
Submitted by Stitch
  • Rhyme and Reason - This is one that I (Stitch) would strongly recommend for any Rescue Ranger fan. In it, the Rangers suffer at the hands of a mysterious nemesis. It is a very good psychological thriller, and is very well acclaimed within the fandom.
  • Dragon Tales Movie If I Made One - Dragon Tales - K+ - Drama - One of the characters gets kidnapped in a revenge plot, and the others have to find her...
  • Distant Dragons - Dragon Tales - T - Angst/Tragedy - Max and Emmy try to recall why they left Dragon Land.
  • The Path to Destiny - Dragon Tales - K+ - General/Adventure - The kids have moved away and the dragons are depressed.  But while they try to overcome their sadness, something terrible happens in the old land of Faltaria...
Submitted by jedi472
  • Battle of the Sacred Essences - Land Before Time - Adventure/Fantasy - T - (Just because I haven't read this fan-fiction and the summary isn't long enough to make shorter, I'll just copy and paste the summary.) The dinosaur realm will never be the same! A strange creature has invaded the Great Valley that claims to be from the future with a disturbing past. Littlefoot is intrigued by it but he is have some bizarre dreams of his own.
Submitted by f-22 "raptor" ace
  • The Ultimate Ace - Ace Combat - General - T - Four years after ISAF crushes Erusia, Mobius 1, the legendary ace who helped bring the war to a close disappears.
Currently 31 recommended fan-fictions

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, a lot of the LBT fanfics I read three years ago are gone for some reason. :cry however, here are some newer LBT fanfics I came across that I found to be pretty good:

*http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4296134/1/Afte...ne_of_Cold_Fire

*http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3996298/1/Shadow_Fire

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Um, just a quick note. The fan-fics don't have to be LBT. They can be any category. This is just a general "Recommend Fan-fictions" topic.

Also, it makes my life easier if you give some info on the recommended fan-fictions. The only thing I have to do is copy and paste.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
One of the best fanfics I've read is "Beyond the Other Side". It's a Digimon fanfiction that crosses over seasons 2 and 3. I'd recommend this fanfic to any digimon fan.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/404700/1/Beyond_The_Other_Side

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You forgot Serris' Twilight Valley. It's one of the best LBT war fics out there. And a fanfic.net user called "H.G.Wells" posted one where LBT meets a Russian sub, that one's pretty good, too.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The links would be nice. No matter. I'll find them on FF.net and add them under your name.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Some good ones:

Out of the Shadows LBT - M - Chomper has turned evil.

A Jedi's Destiny
A Jedi's Destiny LBT - T - A Jedi teams up with the Gang to stop the Empire from invading the Great Valley.

Revenge LBT - T - Sierra and Rinkus kidnap Ali to get back at Littlefoot.

The Mysterious World LBT - T - Post-apocalyptic science fiction meets LBT.

Rebellion Starts Tonight Pokemon - T - Giovanni creates dark legendary Pokemon. It is up to the true legends to stop them.

War of the Worlds LBT - T - Sharpteeth invade the Great Valley.

Remnants LBT - T - The sharpteeth have returned, this time under a new leader. NOTE: this is not finished and has a high likelihood of never being finished.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks to all who have made recommendations so far. Feel free to add more recommendations. But please, give at least the link and description. I can get everything else.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't quite have the whole "providing links" thing figured out yet, so I'll try to be a little descriptive.  Here are LBT fanfics I've either enjoyed reading on FF.net or anxiously await the next updates:

*Land Before Time: The Mysterious World- written by Threehorn.  It is a crossover stroy with humans in it.  I believe he is one of the main characters, and he develops a sibling bond with Cera :^.^:.  It's an excellent read and has yet to be finished :yes.

*The Big Quarrel- written by Malte.  I wonder why Universal has not even created a sequel with a similar theme :blink:.  The fanfic is pure LBT and seems like a plausible sequel plot :yes.

*The Land Before Time: The Return of Sharptooth- written by Red Eyes Black Dragon Master.  In this one, the original Sharptooth finds his way into the valley looking to seek revenge on Littlefoot and his posse.  There is a shocking death in it :o.  Seriously, I was stunned!

*Land Before Time: Warriors of the Solar System- written by Dark Side of the World.  Basically, it's a sci-fi fic in which the Gang are gradually becoming Solar Warriors which have to fight off the Nijiza, an evil clan of thugs.  I'm normally not into this level of sci-fi or even violence, but it's an excellent fanfic.  These guys can write!

*Land Before Time Revenge- written by REMKFAN01 aka LBTFan13.  This one has already been listed, and it's a favorite of mine :D.

*The Chronicles of the Balaur- written by The Oracle aka Ozymandias.  I don't know how to explain this one, for he does not want spoilers given out.  He has posted the fanfic under the Fanart/Fanfiction section.

*The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali- written by Pokeplayer984.  This one is pure LBT and focuses on a Littlefoot/Ali/Rhett love triangle.  He has mentioned he mat not be updating soon, so the story leaves us with Cera wondering how to set up a "Girl's Only" day where she can speak to Ali alone and find out Ali's feelings for the two longnecks.  

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhyme and Reason - This is one that I would strongly recommend for any Rescue Ranger fan.  In it, the Rangers suffer at the hands of a mysterious nemesis.  It is a very good psychological thriller, and is very well acclaimed within the fandom.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just to inform all, I won't add any fan-fics that are on this site to the list. If the links are on this site, okay. If the fan-fics themselves are on the site, nokay.

*The Land Before Time: The Return of Sharptooth- written by Red Eyes Black Dragon Master. In this one, the original Sharptooth finds his way into the valley looking to seek revenge on Littlefoot and his posse. There is a shocking death in it  :o . Seriously, I was stunned!

I read that fan-fic, too. I was stunned by that death as well.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Oct 5 2008 on  03:16 PM
I read that fan-fic, too. I was stunned by that death as well.
I hope they update this one soon.  That last chapter was very sad :cry.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Cancerian Tiger: Hopefully, the updates will come soon.

@Everyone: Just a little bit of advice; check up on my recommendations commonly. I go on the FF.net commonly, so I read quite a few fan-fictions. If I like it, which is a distinct possibility, I will add it here.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good fanfics? Two of my all-time favorites will always be Battle of the Sacred Essences by Littlefoot1616 (aka Thunderblade) and The Mysterious World, by Threehorn. Both are LBTs, and both are amazing and on FF.net.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Oct 7 2008 on  07:57 PM
Good fanfics? Two of my all-time favorites will always be Battle of the Sacred Essences by Littlefoot1616 (aka Thunderblade) and The Mysterious World, by Threehorn. Both are LBTs, and both are amazing and on FF.net.
I appreciate your recommendation of my fanfic jedi472!  :D I don't tend to announce much about it here on the forum coz I know not many people are too fond of "insane LBT crossovers". The "mish-mash" concept of my story is probably a little extreme for any major true-to-the-tale LBT fanfic writer/reader hence why I don't advertise it much. Still, it's heartening to know that my story was still enjoyed despite the sheer impossibility of it ever being even remotely close to a LBT screenplay.

Thanks dude! ;)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No problem, Littlefoot1616! You wrote one of the greatest fics of all time, and it deserves recognition!

Also, check the Star Wars/Harry Potter crossover Harry Potter and the Dark Lords of the Sith, by jedi from mordor on fanfiction.net. It's one of my favs as well.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
By the way, I just noticed the original post lists me as the suthor of Battle of the Sacred Essences. While it would be awesome if I could write something that good, I believe it should be noted that LIttlefoot1616 has that honor, not me.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I put it under your name because you are the one who submitted the recommendation. That is how I keep things organized.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just thought I'd add a few more good ones:

Dragon Tales Movie If I Made One - K+ - Drama - One of the characters gets kidnapped in a revenge plot, and the others have to find her...

Distant Dragons - T - Angst/Tragedy - Max and Emmy try to recall why they left Dragon Land.

The Path to Destiny - K+ - General/Adventure - The kids have moved away and the dragons are depressed.  But while they try to overcome their sadness, something terrible happens in the old land of Faltaria...