The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Illustrated Storybook

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I seriously can't believe how much I was willing to pay to get this.  The guy I was against would not give up!

Anyways, it's the Illustrated Storybook of the first movie.  I'll be doing something special with this thing.

I can't wait for it to arrive.

See ya guys later!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah yes, I've seen that book at Malte's place! :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, it exists in several editions hard and softcover.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Never saw it before. Should be a treat if I think I know what you plan to do with it. :)

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
To be honest the book is a bit overpriced. In some other online stores, for example Amazon.com, it is much cheaper. I bought the same book, in very good condition, for 1/10 of that price

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dilopho,Nov 15 2010 on  09:55 AM
To be honest the book is a bit overpriced. In some other online stores, for example Amazon.com, it is much cheaper. I bought the same book, in very good condition, for 1/10 of that price
It's mainly overpriced due to it being an auction.  Basically, highest bidder wins.  The amount you see is the amount I bid.

In all honesty, it started at 99 cents.  Just goes to show how high bids can get for something so simple.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aye, I didn't want to spoil anything or pour any salt into a wound, but indeed I did get it for a fraction of what you paid in spite of the additional shipping costs for me :oops

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I also own a copy and don't recall paying more than 10 Ä, shipping included.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually got two copy for only $1 each.  I found them at friends of library sales.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it has officially arrived.  I shall get the special project started soon.

On a side note, it's more square than what I expected.  Most books are a simple rectangle in shape.  This one is more of a square.  That's rather unique.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Does the two other books have anything special compared to this one? Anyone got them?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 23 2010 on  07:14 AM
Which other books?
The Search for the Great Valley and Friends in Need.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I got both of the books. As for special that depends on what we define as special. There are some images of deleted scenes (the early discovery of the Great Valley in particular) and some mention of such scenes. Neither book really tells the whole story to the end. One ends with Littlefoot turning back to get the others after finding the Great Valley while the other ends after Cera leaves after being saved and fooled by the others in their "mud costume". I am sure that once upon a time I posted a thread on the GOF reviewing those land before time books which I had at the time. The thread must be here somewhere, but I didn't find it to link to it here.