The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What do you DISLIKE the most about TLBT?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is a law of nature rather than a question of good or bad. Either they eat meat or they die. To get that meat they got to kill leafeaters. Leafeaters too want to live so they cannot really be blamed for taking offense in being killed even for the purpose of a meateater's suvival.
I do agree however that on this basis and after the events of LBT 5 it was kind of disturbing to see Littlefoot and the others cheer the execution of two unconscious sharpteeth in LBT 6 rather than (at most) accepting it as a necessity for the survival of others.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, there sure are things I dislike but I'm afraid all of them had already been named before. It wouldn't add anything to name them again...
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have to agree with some people the mixture of 2-D And CGI Animation at times where eye sore's at times.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
The overall direction-change halfway or so through the series. Not that it's necessarily bad. Some of my favorites aren't within the first half of movies. It's just quite different how things changed is all. Wouldn't call it hate.

LBT13 xD

Watching LBT11 and being like "what the!?" when first hearing Littlefoot's voice

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes most of us agree the 13th Land Before Time Movie was horrible and very annoying.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As it was mentioned earlier, I don't like how the children take control so often - that's not how things work and it's a rather overplayed and annoying theme - don't get me wrong, I have a huge respect for children and they way they think - they are a fascinating little form of study - but they simply cannot take on huge responsibilities like they so often do and come out as the heroes. Yeah sure, grownups may seem the enemies of childhood, but in truth, children need adults' guidance and insight, as well as greater size and power, to aid them.
Sometimes the songs seems little overplayed, but I really didn't mind them that much. They were fun and catchy tunes afterall, nothing like most of the tunes put out on TV nowadays.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
@Strut Then again, many times the parents came to their rescue or aid :). It was usually the kids running off somewhere that got them in trouble. I've done that too lol!

Wait. TV these days has TV-show centric songs??? (sarcasm)

*sigh* I miss the olden animated movie melody days

EDIT: Ha though I loved the music in The Lorax (2012) :D

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Jul 9 2013 on  06:18 PM
@Strut Then again, many times the parents came to their rescue or aid :). It was usually the kids running off somewhere that got them in trouble. I've done that too lol!
All I can think of is LBT II, VII, and VIII... well, maybe VI and X too.
:lol
Well I guess I just wasn't as adventurous as a child, lol
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah to me at least the kids in the movies actually did something instead of whining and complaining like the adults did. I hated how pathetic and useless all the adult dinosaurs where in situations. They could have done more but nope that requires work that we hate doing so it's the kids to the rescue to solve everything.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah to me at least the kids in the movies actually did something instead of whining and complaining like the adults did. I hated how pathetic and useless all the adult dinosaurs where in situations. They could have done more but nope that requires work that we hate doing so it's the kids to the rescue to solve everything.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
@Petrie I just had an epiphany :o!

What if they argue and whine so much because this:
Before they came to the great valley, they lived in separate herds. They're used to living with themselves and seldom communicating with other dinosaur species. Meanwhile, there's always sharpteeth and other calamities in the mysterious beyond it's a wonder that all the dinosaurs didn't go emo or something. Hmm.. in fact, maybe they struggled to survive so much, that they didn't think too much of higher things.

Now picture this. After the long arduous travel to the great valley, they finally arrive there. And after a while, they realize the peace and abundance of food and (relatively) little problems to deal with. At least predatory problems that is. They now have more time to think about what part of this luxury resort they want to call home, so maybe there were territorial disputes (just a thought). But anyway, with the dinosaurs in a much closer and CONTINUED (remember that part!) proximity to each other in safety, they not only learned things about other species they might not have known before, but were also able to think of 'higher' things more often since they weren't, y'know, struggling to survive. This is probably what lead to the plot on LBT3. I just think the dinosaurs found it hard to get used to each other. This was kind of similar in other sequels when they'd bicker over things. Each dinosaur has a completely different look and sometimes even purpose (take a longneck compared to a threehorn and tell me the differences). I don't think it was just racial (species)discrimination (if that) but also the fact that these neighbors lived so close together and with continued proximity (as well as the whole "this is my turf" attitude). Since these are animals, I kinda think this was very.... dinosaur-like I guess. Sure, the great valley is big, but eeeveryone goes to the waterhole/river

Though they sure learned a lesson after LBT3 :D... hopefully XD