The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Models

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Today, I added a few more model kits for my hobby.  Most of my models nowadays are plastic kits at a skill higher than 1.  Here's my list of models I've got so far and their conditions:

F-4 Phantom (plastic, Skill 1, damaged)
AH-64 Apache (plastic, Skill 1, damaged)
F-18 Hornet (plastic, Skill 1, on display)
P-51 Mustang (plastic, Skill 1, on display)
Lamborghini convertible (plastic, Skill 1, on display)
Military Humvee (plastic, Skill 1, on display)
NASA Space Shuttle (plastic, Skill 1, on display)
Police Drag Racer (plastic, Skill 1, on display)
F-14 Tomcat (plastic, Skill 1, damaged)
F-117 Nighthawk (plastic, Skill 1, damaged)
Supermarine Spitfire (wood, incomplete)
TBM Avenger (wood, unstarted)
P-47 Thunderbolt (plastic, Skill 2, incomplete)
AV-8 Harrier (plastic, Skill 2, unstarted)
Huey Hog (plastic, Skill 2, unstarted)
P-40 Warhawk (plastic, Skill 2, unstarted)
Lamborghini hardtop (plastic, Skill 1, missing)
PT-109 Torpedo Boat (plastic, Skill 2, unstarted)
MIG 37 Ferret (plastic, Skill 2, unstarted)
MIG 21 Fishbed (plastic, Skill 2, unstarted)
Soviet Air-to-Surface Weapons (plastic, 1:72 scale)
American Air-to-Surface Weapons (plastic, 1:72 scale)

As soon as I get some new shelves and a workplace at home, I'll get more done.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It has been a long while since I last finished a model plane. The large collection I had had to be destroyed when I moved out from home and didn't have the space for the collection anymore (my hard was bleeding :cry). I don't have pictures of all the planes I ever built, but I do have some pictures from my boards which I had sorted by historical context of the planes. Along with the planes I also collected books, newspaper articles, letters from WW2 pilots whom I contacted, medals etc. etc. (unlike the models I could keep most of the other stuff).
I never really got into jet planes. Not that I didn't find them fascinating, but I never finished enough of them to make for a board and I don't have any pictures left of those.
Anyway here are the pictures which I still have. The images are not very good ones and admittedly they show the collection in kind of a state of decay shortly before I had to dispose it.
This is my WW1 board:

The planes from left to right (stricktly left to right even if the plane in question stands behind a more rightward plane) are a Fokker Dr. I (Manfred von Richthofen's final plane), a Siemens Schluckert D. IV (flown by Ernst Udet), LFG Roland C. II (as flown by Eduard Ritter von Schleich (this one is difficult to spot on the phote as it is a mostly white plane in front of a mostly white background)), another earlier version of the Fokker Dr. I (this time the one flown by Werner Voss), AEG J.II (I think, I'm not entirely sure about that one), SE5A (as flown by James McCudden), Fokker D. VII (as flown by Rudolph Berthold), Sopwith Pup, Albatros D. V, Spad VII (as flown by Georges Guynemer), RE8, Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Snipe (as flown by William George Barker), Bristol F2B (as flown by Andrew Edward McKeever), and a DH4.
This board was about WW2 in Europe in the first half of WW2 (battle of Britain mostly):

The planes from left to right are a Messerschmitt Bf 110, a Hawker Hurricane, a Supermarine Spitfire Mk. I, a Boulton Paul Defiant, and a Messerschmitt Bf 109E.
This board was about the air war on the eastern front:

The planes from left to right are a Focke Wulf Fw 190, a Junkers Ju 87, a Messerschmitt Me 109G, a Jakowlew Jak 7, a Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik, a Polikarpov I-16, a Bell P-39 Airacobra, and a Lavochkin La-5.
This board was about the African Theater of the war (and seeing some of the planes here are visibly damaged you'll see what I meant when I pointed out that the collection was in a state of decay already when the pictures were taken):

The planes are a Messerschmitt Bf 109F, a Macchi C.205, a Fiat G.50, a Curtiss P-40, and a Hawker Hurricane.
This board was about the air war in Europe at a later stage of the war:

The planes are a Messerschmitt Me 262, a Messerschmitt Me 109G, A Focke Wulf Fw 190A, a Supermarine Spitfire Mk. V, a Fockewulf Fw 190 A-4 (nightfighter), a North American P-51D Mustang, a Republic P-47D Thunderbolt, a Hawker Tempest.
This board was about some of the planes developed very late in the war:

From left to right they are a Messerschmitt Me-262 (bomber version), Heinkel He 162, an Arado Ar. 234, a Focke Wulf Ta 152H.
These two boards were about the Pacific Theater of WW2:

The lower board is about two larger scale planes (Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero and Chance Vought F4U Corsair). The upper board from left to right displays a Kawasaki Ki-61, a Nakajima Ki-84, a Nakajima B5N "Kate", a Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (I wonder why mostly the A6M5 which saw very little action in WW2 is offered by modelmakers rather than the A6M2), a Douglas Dountless, a Gruman F6F Hellcat, a Grumman TBF Avenger, a Chance Vought F4U Corsair, a Curtiss SB2C Helldiver, a Lockheed P-38 Lightning, and a P-40 Warhawk (Flying Tigers variant).