The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Embarrassing

Nimrod · 268 · 35764

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yes now I remember you mentioning that shirt before. I think I mentioned that I got mine off of Amazon as well.

I can relate to that feeling. A lot of what makes it easier for me to wear it is that I'm usually around my friends that know I watch it (and have watched them in some capacity as well). Not sure how well I could wear it and go somewhere by myself.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

It's a weird feeling. Like, I don't think adults enjoying children's media is a bad thing at all (in fact I think it's good). And I'm happy with the shirt itself and my passion for LBT makes me want to wear it. And yet, I've still felt a little sheepish when I do wear it. :/

Don't worry, that feeling is normal, especially when you're in public. There's always this pressure on people to conform to what society should view a person as, depending on if it's a man, woman, child, etc. You may feel awkward at times, and I do too. Sometimes I question why I still like something that is supposed to be for kids or toddlers, but then again why should anyone else care about what I like, childish or not. Besides, immersing yourself with innocent shows and whatnot  from time to time is healthy for your mental health, I believe.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Besides, immersing yourself with innocent shows and whatnot  from time to time is healthy for your mental health, I believe.

I never really thought of it that way before, but I agree with that. You're very insightful. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree with that statement as well. I remember back in Jr. High when I started getting back into LBT, after watching a lot of the movies I felt like I was (how I described it to myself) unnaturally happy. I suppose it coincided with the realization that I could enjoy whatever I wanted and not have to conform with how others think I should think so to speak.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, aren't we quite lucky to be young at heart? I pity for other people who were forced or told to grow up too quickly, and therefore their adult lives are not as fulfilling or exciting as it should be. Even for people who are excited to grow up, they start to regret and contemplate on the moments that they took for granted when they were younger. Simply, we should enjoy the little things in life that give so much pleasure to us. :smile

As said by William Wordsworth in his poem My Heart Leaps Up, "The Child is father of the Man"
I honestly feel like that there is so much we could learn from children and even younger versions of ourselves.

Yeah, my English class read many poems of famous poets, and this is one of them.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Again I totally agree. We're pretty like-minded in that regard.

Chomper123

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I've never actually been embarrased, but proud and i love the series, theres no reason to be embarrased, its an amazing show! Technically either way, its for all ages, so there is no reason at all, while people are very opinionated just let their opinions be opinions and you be you! It could generally as well be said, so dont worry about it, just spread your joy rather than what you fear!  :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^I feel that way about the ages as well. I also agree that LBT is more like something that can be enjoyed by the entire family, not just little children. :)