The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Me About My Fanfic

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My fanfiction, The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali has been around for more than a year now and has hit quite a few views on fanfiction.net.  However, despite this, I'm sure there are questions you have on it.  Well, I'll make sure to answer them.

So, what questions do you have about my fanfiction?

Go ahead and ask away on the subject of The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali. :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Where did you get the inspiration for the fanfic?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Sep 7 2009 on  03:23 PM
Where did you get the inspiration for the fanfic?
To be honest, I always wanted to create a Land Before Time Fanfiction, but nothing really took off.  However, after viewing the TV Series Episode, The Brave Longneck Scheme, something just clicked.

The idea of Littlefoot&Ali&Ret was born.  Seeing this, I thought to myself, "How horrible it must be for Ali to have two males going after her." Which then spawned several different ideas.

One of them was definitely the fanfic, The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali.

There is deeper detail to it as well.  I noted two things people did not approve of with The Brave Longneck Scheme that I wanted to change in the fanfiction.  Ali's return was the first.  I really couldn't do much with it since it was a continuation of the episode.  So, I chose to do something that they could be happy with and not really ask much more of me.  I feel I have accomplished that when I made a way for her to return by fate/destiny/whatever you want to call it, and I couldn't have done any better really.

The second was Ret.  Everyone hated his character, his attitude, but most of all, they hated how he pretty much was with Ali.  So, I decided that the events of The Brave Longneck Scheme had changed him for the better.  And, well, it just seemed to work.  Everyone approves of the newer version of him, despite certain things in the end.

People still hate him in some areas, which I must admit are hard to actually like, but I can't get rid of him even if I wanted to.  He's just too important to the story.  WAY too important.  So, sorry Ret haters, but he's staying.

Next question, please!

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What role is Shorty going to play as the story develops?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caustizer,Sep 8 2009 on  12:37 PM
What role is Shorty going to play as the story develops?
He plays a rather vital role near the end of the story, which I choose not to reveal quite yet.

The only thing I'll say about it is that it's a big one. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Come on, guys!  Give me more!  I'm waiting! :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Give me the link and I'll read it. maybe even review it, although I have more of a knack for reviewing bad fanfics

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Feb 15 2011 on  12:29 PM
Give me the link and I'll read it. maybe even review it, although I have more of a knack for reviewing bad fanfics
Here's the link.

http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=1868

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From what the title says, you started this about three or something years ago. Do you really want me to start reading on your older work? not that i don't want to read it, it just seems a out of place that you mention this now

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Are you planning on writing a sequel [or spinoff]?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Feb 15 2011 on  01:58 PM
From what the title says, you started this about three or something years ago. Do you really want me to start reading on your older work? not that i don't want to read it, it just seems a out of place that you mention this now
I don't work on it much, to be honest.  It's still not done yet.  In fact, there's even a one year gap of when I updated in there somewhere.  I seriously need to start focusing on it more.

But still, yeah, review it if you like.

Are you planning on writing a sequel [or spinoff]?

It's not really a sequel, and I don't think it could count as a spin-off either.  Basically, there's a huge gap in between the final chapter and the epilogue of the story I am doing now.  The next stories (Yes, I have more than one planned at the moment.) will fill in that gap.

So basically, it's not a sequel, but it is a continuation. :)

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I absolutely love your fanfic. I find the plot straight-forward and intriguing. The descriptions are very good, and the story never fails to entertain me and grab my attention.

Are there going to be any OCs?

When will the next chapter be up?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dima02,Feb 15 2011 on  05:49 PM
I absolutely love your fanfic. I find the plot straight-forward and intriguing. The descriptions are very good, and the story never fails to entertain me and grab my attention.

Are there going to be any OCs?

When will the next chapter be up?
Thank you!  Glad you like it.

There won't be any OCs for the story that I'm currently doing.  I usually avoid them because of how hard it is for me to come up with original characters.  However, the next story, you guys are in for a treat, as there will be an OC in that one. :)

As for when the next chapter will be up, I'm hoping sometime this month. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sorry for highjacking this thread for a not fan fiction related question John, but I was wondering if you are still using MSN these days? I recall us chatting on MSN, but it must have been ages since last time we did. I'm not on MSN these days and suppose I won't be again before next thursday, but I was wondering if you are still using MSN generally.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 15 2011 on  02:55 PM
Sorry for highjacking this thread for a not fan fiction related question John, but I was wondering if you are still using MSN these days? I recall us chatting on MSN, but it must have been ages since last time we did. I'm not on MSN these days and suppose I won't be again before next thursday, but I was wondering if you are still using MSN generally.
It's okay to bring this back up for such a question.  To be honest, I rarely use MSN anymore.  In fact, I rarely chat with anyone these days.  I guess if you're lucky enough to catch me while I'm checking my Hotmail, you might be able to strike up a conversation with me, but I hardly check that e-mail anymore.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I stopped in the first place.  Guess I really don't have an excuse in the end. :D