The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Appreciated Member Award voting 2012

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is one last voting session before it is concluded for this year. The Appreciated Member Award which only someone can win who did participate in the preceeding vote to the point that he or she qualified for an award, but won neither an award nor a runner up award in in (which is why this voting must take place after the others).
Everyone who has cast five votes so far and has been voted for an election must participate in this vote to reach the required minimum number of six votes. Everyone who already did vote six time is encouraged to vote anyway.
These are the candidates we have this year for the Appreciated member Award:

Cancerian Tiger
Fyn16
Kor
LettuceBacon&Tomato
Littlefoot1616
MrDrake
Pterano
The Chronicler

Gee, and here was me thinking that it might be easier to make up ones mind about the Appreciated member award due to the smaller number of eligible candidates. With the candidates we have however this will be tricky to make up ones mind about. :)  
The voting for the Appreciated Member Award will run for one more week (with the same rules as the other awards) at the end of which there will be an post officially proclaiming all Award winners of this year who may then proceed to choose their Award Badges (unless they don't wish to add any to their signatures).

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's hard to picture a more appreciated member than Kor. A mainstay on this forum for years, Kor has appeared in more threads than any user I can think of, in all available subforums. He was an amazing help when I got the Land Before Time Wiki up and running, providing scores of screenshots, he was among us who playtested the LBT RPG while it was afloat, and in general he always has a friendly word to say. This was not a hard vote :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Difficult one indeed! I think my vote here will go to Littlefoot1616, for being a great friend to talk to when times are hard and for helping out in staff issues if we can't settle something. Thanks, buddy :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
OK... really embarrassed right now! The person I tended on voting for was NOT the person I nominated for this award! So sorry about that! Got a mental wire crossed somewhere and for some reason confused Pterano with trulyfantasticme (hence why I said "she" and "her" an awful lot). :oops :bang Don't ask me how or why, it just happened! So in light of that epic failing, I'll put forward another vote.

My vote for the Appreciated Member Award (for real this time :lol: ) is for Fyn16. Fyn16 hasn't been with us for a huge amount of time, but he's made himself at home and has delved into lots of different topics to do with the forum, engaged with the many grand members and has made himself a dab hand at getting involved with the forum's fanart and fanfiction areas giving feedback to others as well as giving contributions of his own. As tough as it is just to pick out one member out of those on the list, including Pterano (again, sorry about that - d'oh!  :oops  :DD), I think Fyn deserves the award this year! ;)

Again guys, apologies for the blunder :oops

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Pterano is male!  :lol

My vote for the Appreciated Member goes to Cal, AKA Pterano, for his erudite posts, his cheerful nature and sense of humour, and for being a great friend. I have truly plenty in common with some members of the GOF and consider them friends,  but with Pterano I have so much in common that I can talk about literally anything that interests me or bothers me, from "random crap" to serious life issues, and understand and be understood.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My vote for the Appreciated member goes to Pterano as well. I really admire this member's writing style, and he has been such a big help regarding the content of my fanfic. He really went above and beyond with the feedback i expected :)
thanks
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think I'll vote for Fyn16 because of his awesome stories.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Kor I chosen you! Because he been here for so long and done so much! Just like the others of course but this time Kor wins my vote. :DD

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This was an extremely hard vote for me, but after much consideration and deliberation, I have finally made my choice. There are of course several honorable mentions here as well, and I had an awfully hard time just narrowing it down, but ultimately, I'm going to go with Cancerian Tiger.

She's always willing to listen and bend an ear whenever someone is going through a rough time, and she's very empathic as well. I can relate to her on many levels due to both of us having very similar mentalities on things, and someone I can relate to on a personal level is definitely someone I feel deserves an Appreciated Member Award. On top of that, she's always willing to listen and empathize with others, so she gets my vote this year.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My vote for the Appreciated Member Award is a somewhat hard choice for me. Right now, there seems to be a three-way tie between Kor, Fyn16, and Pterano, and those three happen to be my top three choices. I recognize Fyn16 because it's always nice to have new fanfic writers here on GoF, even though I still haven't found the time to read most of what he's written. I recognize Pterano for also being a good fanfic writer, but he also offered to write one of my fanfic ideas; one that features Pterano (the LBT character) and Petrie's father. I haven't heard any updates in a while, but I at least appreciate the offer.

Ultimately, my vote goes to Kor. I cast my vote based on how I think the GoF as a whole would consider an appreciated member. Kor is pretty much that guy who's always there to give a brief compliment like "That sounds like fun," or "Hello, new member. Having fun yet?" In more than half of the topics since he first joined, you're guaranteed to see one of his short-but-sweet comments somewhere in the discussion. (Heck, if we ever need someone to represent GoF on Twitter, he would be the perfect guy for the job. :lol )

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's a hard choice but of those listed that I have had contact with, MrDrake is the one I've had fun rping with him in the 1 or 2 rp's we are both in, even though our characters are often not in the same place at the same time.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
This was indeed an incredibly difficult vote, as all of the candidates are wonderful members who richly deserve appreciation. I have decided, however, to give my vote to Pterano. He is simply an all-around fantastic GOF member. Incredibly friendly, AMAZING at giving feedback on stories, and an accomplished fanfiction writer in his own right. And even with the grief and hardship he experiences in his own life, he is always willing to lend an ear and offer advice and support to other members, something I find truly admirable. I have enormous respect for this member, and regardless of whether or not he wins this award, I wish him all the best. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Difficult, extremely difficult indeed. I'm afraid more than any of the other awards this must be a gut decision without any really specific reason for choosing one of the candidates over the others (simply because no such reasons exist). My vote for the Appreciated Member Award goes to LettuceBacon&Tomato this year. A member who has been around for quite a while already often contributing to many discussions and board activities.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I nominate Pterano this year. He's my best friend on this board, and is always willing to listen.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
My vote this year has to be for Cancerian Tiger.  She's always been a great member, willing to listen and eager to help.  She definitely deserves some appreciation! :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
OK guys! That's a wrap! The voting for the Appreciated Member Award is now closed! Thanks to everyone who voted and helped voice how great our members really are! Well done to our winners. Be sure to pick up your banners and wear them with pride. :D