The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'll never look at the first LBT the same again

Yep!Yep!Yep!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Both mother and father sides of Judith's relatives in Hungary pretty much disowned her and Maria after the murders (and many would say, even before) - for a start, they did nothing to get grave markers for Judith and Maria and from what I've read, Maria's brother "permanently borrowed" all her surviving assets and the things that weren't destroyed by the fire

For whatever reason, the house where the Barsi's lived and where Judith and Maria Barsi were murdered, was not demolished after the murders but still exists as a private home today - there's not even a memorial plaque as far as i know

The houses in Sherwood Crescent in Lockerbie that were destroyed by the terrorist bombing of Pan Am 103 were never rebuilt... so why was the house where horrific acts of child abuse and an equally horrific murder-sucide occurred left standing and on-sold as a private home as if nothing had happened?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The houses in Sherwood Crescent in Lockerbie that were destroyed by the terrorist bombing of Pan Am 103 were never rebuilt... so why was the house where horrific acts of child abuse and an equally horrific murder-sucide occurred left standing and on-sold as a private home as if nothing had happened?
Probably because the houses in Lockerbie really were destroyed and would have had to be rebuild while I think the house in which the Barsi's lived was not. I don't know for sure but I think the building was only slightly damaged, in any case not burned to the ground so a rebuilding would have been necessary.

Yep!Yep!Yep!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Malte

I just think it's distasteful and disrespectful that the murder house was left standing and allowed to remain a private home

though the interior probably doesn't look like it did in 1988

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There is no such thing as a "murder" house. There is only house where a murder happened. Why anyone should destroy that building? It wont bring Judith and Maria Barsi back to life.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just think it's distasteful and disrespectful that the murder house was left standing and allowed to remain a private home

though the interior probably doesn't look like it did in 1988
I must disagree. What happened was a horrible crime and it affects us a bit more than the average person because we are so fond of the way how poor Judith Barsi for ever modeled our perception of Ducky, yep, yep, yep.
But if every place where horrible crimes happen, where murders are committed, where tragedies occur were to be torn down as a consequence I'm afraid we would have the regret over a whole lot of destroyed buildings in addition to the mourning for those who lost their lives.
Should the Ford Theater in Washington be torn down because Abraham Lincoln was shot there? Should the tower of London be scourged from the face of the earth because the princes Edward and Richard (10 and 12 years old) were murdered there? Should any private home be destroyed if murder had been committed there? Is it disrespectful to leave these places standing?
I don't really think so.
The example of Lockerbie doesn't really work out because those houses were largely destroyed by the attack itself and had to be rebuild etc. It was not like they had been torn down because they reminded people too much of the fact that high above those houses a bomb had torn a plane apart killing many people.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The way I see it, Judith and her mother are buried in a final resting place, and it's not within the house.  The dead have been respected, so there's no need to tear down the joint.  Just as Malte was saying, there are many places in which murders have happened that stand to this day.  Tearing down the Barsi house will not change anything nor bring those two back <_<.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I only learned about Judith Barsi a little while ago, but I'll always remember what is written on her headstone

"Our Concrete Angel - Yep Yep Yep"

Yep!Yep!Yep!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
A thing that puzzles me about Josef's actions is that he waited two full days between killing Judith and Maria and killing himself - a few hours after the murders he even actively concealed them when Judith's agent called wondering why Judith hadn't turned up to an audition at Hanna-Barbera

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now, THAT'S just freakin' twisted :x  :x!  Ugh!  Corpses don't bother me, but I could not for the life of me sleep in my house where the corpses of my family I had just murdered remained :x, and not just one but two days.  Just the stench alone could knock someone dead!  Believe me, there's no smell on this planet that's worse than that of a decomposing corpse :x  :x.

Yep!Yep!Yep!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Cancerian Tiger:

From what I've heard Trixy Castro still carries a lot of pain and self-blame with regard to Judith - they were the closest of friends after all - Trixy's known to work 16-hour days and there's speculation that her workaholic attitude is a way of dealing with the pain she's faced in her life

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The one thing that always occured to me is,why couldn't Judith's father become an actor then he wouldn't have to be jealous of her fame and he could leave all the abusing behind him,but no I know I would ressurect her father just so I could avenge her death.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah right, after all there can't be enough violence in this world based on an understandable thirst for revenge. Poor Judith Barsi would probably highly approve of whatever violent fantasy's many here will have towards her father <_<

I am not saying anything in the defense of that abuser and murderer, but I do question that we contribute to making the world a better one by indulging in violent fantasies of revenge rather than just accepting the horrible tragedy for what it is.
Is there anyone here who things that poor Judith Barsi in heaven would would applaud with delight at the idea of her father being resurrected in order to be tortured or killed or whatever you are having in mind?

PS: By the way, her father was not jealous of his daughter's success, but he was obsessed with the idea that his wife and daughter might leave him. An obsession for which he started giving the basis by turning abusive hoping to force them to stay.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
no I'm saying Jozef had a chance but he was an alcoholic and a dirty one too so maybe he jut lost his mind but heck if I ever have a wife like that I would divorce first chance I get apprantly in was Maria Barsi annoncing her divorce the Judith's father lost it but Judith should've lived to be atleast eighteen Jozef was just one messed up person to tell you the truth.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do not argue any of the points against him and I certainly don't defend the (censored).
It is our own statements, intentions, or actions which I am questioning.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I've heard this, and that her tombstone reads, "Yep! Yep! Yep!"  :sducky

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 20 2017 on  05:53 AM
RIP, Judith  :(petrie
Who was it that took over the voice of Ducky after Judith's untimely death?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In LBT 2-4 Ducky was voiced by Heather Hogan. Ever since the 5th movie, she is voiced by Aria Noelle Curzon ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
And I think she did join this forum not sure if that's acurate