The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anything and Everything (56k warning!!!)

Petrie. · 10 · 2200

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, CaptainArvens was my name on deviantart when I was still a member of it.  There was a lot of art thievery around so I had my username on a lot of the stuff...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lovely!
I knew your land before time pictures and some of the others, but here are several which I have never seen before. Your racoons, foxes, bears and squirels look really cute  :yes

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Aww...your animal characters look so cute!  :D

I think I've seen some of those before...i think. Memory escapes me...

Some nice touchs on the LBT ones. You have a very light technique with pencils it seems.

Looks great Petrie! Thanks for sharing those with us!  :^.^:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They're really wonderful, Arvens! (I've noticed they call you like that. Can I?) The animals remind me of some cartoon named Franklin. Do you know him? If you don't, he's a turtle who has many friends. (Nothing to do with this forum, but that's fine.) Stay cool! ;)

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
-gasp- Ranger RIIIIICKKK! I LOVED the magazine! Great art, by the way. Good use of colors.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lain_EX,Jan 7 2007 on  12:30 AM
They're really wonderful, Arvens! (I've noticed they call you like that. Can I?) The animals remind me of some cartoon named Franklin. Do you know him? If you don't, he's a turtle who has many friends. (Nothing to do with this forum, but that's fine.) Stay cool! ;)
Yep, I've heard of that show and watched an episode or two.  The style is similar I agree, but I wasn't basing the designs of off Franklin.  Actually, Ratiasu may realize it depending on how long he's been reading Ranger Rick magazines, but the style actually comes from there.  I followed the artwork from the magazines printed in the 80s and 90s (its changed recently).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Did you see the dates on those?  2000 or 2001....last thing I did was a sketch for a friend when we were role playing with our rabbit and otter characters....

Original sketch:

My only attempt at computer art (and Photoshop Elements)

These were both in 2004 so we're almost talking three years now...no art since then. :(  I'd really like to try and get back into it.  I had a fun time with this.