The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

WARNING to Internet Explorer Users!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I have informed both of my parental units and I would believe they have firewalls.

As for me, I just use Safari.(wow, I'm rhyming today. :p)

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I've been using Firefox for about 2 years now. its way better than IE in every way.

IE has always had some type of security issues.

i actually find it ironic that, firefox, which is a free browser and is made by a (i think) non-profit organization (mozilla), is far superior to a browser made by one of the biggest corporations (microsoft) in the world :D.

PS: if you are using MacAfee. i urge you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a proper anti-virus program. Zone Alarm, Trend Micro, and Kaspersky are FAR superior :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Dec 17 2008 on  01:27 AM
What's wrong with McAfee?
I heard it is not a very good antivirus program and that it takes up a good amount of CPU on the computer. I don't really trust McAfee too much. I use Panda on my computer.

This guy does reviews for several antivirus programs. He tests them on a seperate computer that's infected with, I believe, over 200 malware. He did a review on McAfee and it didn't do too well from what I remember. Kaspersky did the best, I think, overall.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrizos

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When it comes to such problems, I really don't think you can be TOO safe.  I mean, I have AVG, Spybot S&D and an Anti-Rootkit program.  Add in that I use Firefox and Chrome for all my internet needs, and I feel that I have quite the safe computer here.  Of course, I check everything I download that may seem untrustworthy with those programs and so that it makes it difficult for problems to happen.

Ever since LBTlover came here, I've improved quite a bit in the security measures of my computer.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Does it matter if the computer is connected to a network? or does it go for all computers network connected and not networkconnected?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I updated to Firefox. But I still have McAfee (the Enterprise version, though I'm not sure that makes a difference).

I need to upgrade to something else.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBTLover the question in my last post was addressed to you.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Does it matter if the computer is connected to a network? or does it go for all computers network connected and not networkconnected?

Please elaborate.  If you're asking if you need to have internet to be affected then yes.  If you're asking if you have a computer on your network with IE, could another computer connected to the same network also get infected even if it has no internet connection and only relies on a local connection, then no.  I don't believe that the bug can be transferred to another computer via a local network connection (meaning computer to computer, NOT internet).  Sorry if this is confusing.  I really need specifics on your unique situation.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
MS released a patch already.  You can get it in automatic updates or go get it from their site.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'm being nostalgic and remembered this last "Zero Day GET".

Those insufferable t$%^s had to push that patch the night I was torre- that is, updating my files on increasing employee morale.

And this point Aves should interject something about obscure anime's not being an acceptable way to increase company morale.  

In response to which I shop his furry and ducky into lewd positions and upload them to the LBT server.

~Tobe