The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Need help on website

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is anyone here interested in joining in on my new website......if so pm me
i don't know how to get it up and running yet.....so help is needed
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
for the first ten users who join.
i will make you moderators on my site.....but i need help to get it up and running

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tell us a bit more about it.. What is the website about, what do you want us to do?

I wouldn't make random 10 people moderators, they might not be trustworthy at all, rather pick your friends ;)

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 17 2009 on  07:53 PM
Tell us a bit more about it.. What is the website about, what do you want us to do?

I wouldn't make random 10 people moderators, they might not be trustworthy at all, rather pick your friends ;)
well my website is going to be a LBT website, but i need help to get it up and running........(i stink at figuring things out...)

Help is greatly needed

and i only have a few people on my friends list....

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Admins should help you out since they made this forums.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Only appoint those that you trust and have known for a while & when you have the need.  

Many may crave the admin power, but the ones who should have it are few.  Maturity is one thing one should look for, among other things.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Unless you know HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, the website won't be very good.  It's true that you can create a free one with simple tools, but even on my main website that is hosted by freewebs.....it has TONS of custom code.  If it didn't it would be pretty crappy.  Learning all three web development languages takes years so if you're not willing to commit to it and take classes don't even try it.  I never took classes to initially learn it, but I'm a rare exception to this rule (I learn best by teaching myself).  

Unfortunately I don't have the time to teach you.  I'm probably the best web developer/designer here (Maybe Tobe is better, but they're hardly ever on).  I really can't think of anyone here who's fit to teach you.  Forgive me if I'm wrong about this.  There might be a member here who's hiding their abilities.  But yeah, if you really want to learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, you'll need a teacher.  Try going onto a computer forum and try to prove your worth to them.  There are tons of people that want to learn so you have to stand out in the crowd.  If you don't want to let others know that you're working on an LBT website then make something else for your first site.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There is an easy way to go about it, but it is expensive, sadly.

There is a program known as Adobe Dreamweaver CS3/CS4. (Either version works fine.) You usually find it at several on-line stores like Amazon from $175 to $1500.  It's best to Google search it, and search hard to find the best price.  You might get lucky and find a cheaper one.  Also note that while you'll most likely find Mac versions, there are some Windows, Linux and Ubuntu versions out there as well.  You just need to look.

Anyways, this is how people make their own custom site without the means of learning special coding, because it creates the script FOR you.  All you need is some pre-made banners, pictures and/or videos of your own and you're good to go.

Now, people have responded that it looks confusing when you first get it, and while that may be true, there are tutorials on YouTube that can be a big help.  They make it all SO much easier.

So, you could do it this way, or you can do what others have said.

You could learn HTML, CSS and Java Script. (You can use Google to search information on that too.) Hunt down a place to host the site, which can cost you a bit. (Lowest price is $4.44 a month, but there are some nice ones at higher prices.) And work on it from there.

Those are your choices.  I wish you luck with either one. :)

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i'm making it on a invision like this site was made.......
that way its easier to manage

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
   i'm making it on a invision like this site was made.......
that way its easier to manage

Well in that case, you MUST know HTML and CSS at least.  If you can't customize the forums at all, they really suck.  Invisionfree's original theme is so UGLY. :x