The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"The Land Before Time" End Credits MIDI

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the "Progress of the End Credits midi/sheet music production" thread :lol

I will keep the community posted on progress of the midi of the James Horner track, "End Credits" to the original "The Land Before Time."
Keep checking back for updates.  When the project is complete, I will post the sheet music on a website, in as easy-to-print format as I can (it will be easier to read than the "Bestest Friends" sheet music - I just took screenshots of my midi editing program to make those :p

As it stands now, about 55 seconds are complete, but until the Entire song is done as a "rough draft" I will not be focusing on volumes and detailed nuances of the music.  That's easier for me to take care of later, in another program, so I'll keep the midi files basic (and smaller, as a result.  Volume controllers Very quickly make a midi file quite large).  The MIDI currenly contains 21 different instruments, and it is getting very complex, very quickly.  The next section will probably be The Most Difficult section of all, simply because of the number of effects in the string section, which will be difficult to emulate in MIDI.

I will number the midi files by version.  This one will be 007, as it is the 7th midi render on my end :p so if you want to follow along, just remember that 007 is the first one that was publically released.

If anyone wants some preliminary sheet music, before the project is complete, I'd be happy to do some nice pictures for you (so long as the total of all the pictures isn't over 20 MB.  There will be A Lot of pictures :p)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That sounded awesome through foobar2000  :D  :D   :DD

Keep up the good work.