The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Planet

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I only saw bits of this news, but aparently NASA found a new planet very similar to Earth on a far away solar system, that apparently contains water.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 27 2007 on  10:14 AM
I only saw bits of this news, but aparently NASA found a new planet very similar to Earth on a far away solar system, that apparently contains water.
Intresting if it is water aka h2O then that means there is some O2 as well as hydrogen.
Prob some form of plant or alge life there as well. Sence they can detect the presence of water they likely will be able to see what the atmosphere is composed of. With o2 and co2 in the atmosphere they will be able to assume saftly that there are plants as well of some form be that alge or plants sim to what we think of.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Even if they do, it would probably be very strange. The planet is the size of Neptune, so plant life and animal life had to be really small, due to the great gravitational pull. Also, the star of this planet's system is dying. Porbably not enough sun light for life as we know it to grow (probably just some bacterias)
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool