The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 289928

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We honestly don't know," Shakila replied. "Both of us seem to be missing our short-term memories. We last remember serving on board the Spire of Winter while at Skylands...until we woke up in that shuttlecraft today."

"And you immediately blasted us into the ocean," Aimee added, wincing as Shakila stepped on her foot.

"--Which we both understand is protocol and we hold no ill will against you!" Shakila quickly added, shooting a look at her fellow crewmate.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Samia and dulcy  lostened to Utsas instructions as they munched on some snacks. ' so we will be on the relay team that transmits broadcasts right?' Dul;cy said ' yes " you'll have cover names as well. Don;t want Chong or Vox finding out who you are. " Utsa said. ' that would complicate the mission. " so asnlong as you stay undercover, then you should be fine." Dragon Fliped through her stack of cards  memorized her alias- a dragoness named Drigona. so o'm going to the control room chief?' dragon asked ' Yes < you make sure relays are sent on promptly and that the other team members are doing theior jobs. " theres just one problem. i've never done a job like that. Guarding princesses locvked in towers, that was my thing.' Dragon said. ' just walk around and make sure tings are going ok.  any questions, contact me.' Utsa said. ' now the transport will be here in about 30 minutes, so i'll wrap up this meeting if no one has any questions.' utsa said ' anyone?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After spending some time near the beaches, Oliver turned to Ollie. "Let's go find the others," he said, "Mona and Flash probably are wondering where we are."

Ollie nodded in agreement. "Sure thing," he meowed.

"How about we play some volleyball?" Kiara suggested to Sima, "We could show off our Kovu-themed beachwear that way." Th royal lioness was in a better mood now, and wanted to have some fun while they were here. She shot a cute look to some of the crowd

Jing King went over to Tigress. "This place has so many options as for things to do," the Panda King's daughter commented. "It'll be the perfect place for Po and I's first date, don't you think?" She had bought a new bathing suit and some suntan.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Captain Carson nodded. "I shall accept that as an answer. Regardless, head over to the medical bay for a check up. I will now give you the choice of leaving my crew or continuing to serve."

She waited for their answer.

------------------

Mr. Bigmouth and Ms. Swimmer carefully examined their packets for their disguised forms. Mr. Bigmouth would take the form of a dragon named Iskerkal. Ms. Swimmer took the form of a dragon named T'thalia.

When Usta asked if they had any questions, Mr. Bigmouth spoke up. "Perhaps I should be in charge of the technical material. After all, it wouldn't do to screw up a transmission or look incompetent in front of Vox." That and there was the genuine risk of Vox figuring out that the crew were not really broadcasters if they made errors.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I'm happy to keep serving as a crewmate," Shakila replied.

A short silence. Shakila looked nervously at Aimee, who sighed. "First I wanna hear you apologize for almost killing us," she answered the captain, ignoring Shakila's murmured growl of frustration.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:19:08 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Good Idea Mr Bigmouth. If you have experience with such matters, you'll be able to help Dragon keep things running smoothly. ' Utsa said. Nick looked at his cards ' he would be transformed into a dragon called Narmos.  the transformation would change saba slightly as well ' into  a dragons head instead of a tiger head. '  We should try and get as many interviews as possible to establish our bonafides.  Then again, judging from the transmissions,  Vox will only care about the fights getting broadcast, the more face time for him, the better. fortunately we wont be the only crew there so we'll blend in. " efven so, you'll need to act professional at all times. no fights, nothing that will attract unwanted attention. " Utsa said. "Korin, ember samia and dulcy all loked at their cards. they would be writing down the broadcasts for translations into different languages. " we will likely see fights involving your friemnds. Do not, under any circumstances, try to interfere, as that would blow your cover. " Utsa said firmly.
 '
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I ahree, this place is quiet, relaxing and scenic  perfect for a romanti outing, or in your case , a first lunch ." Tigeress said. ' nice bathing suit, where did you get it?' she inquired. As for wheree you guys could have the date ' the hoolefar grill sounds like a nice plae ' a good view of the ocean. good food and drinks and in large portions too, for a decent price. problem is, you'd need to get a table there pronto, as thatb place is often packed.
-
 Flash and MOna were trying out the hoolefar amusement park, when they saw Ollie and oliver at a hot dog stand ' hi guys ' Mona waved, holding a large cotton candy in her claw. "You looking for something to eat? the cotton candy here is great.
_ thief landed in a dockimng port in the shallows and Angela and Sasha climbed out " the party they had gone to had been fun, and angela had  enjoyed sitting down with  Darla gratch for a short ' Lombax exclusive" interview. '  the incident with the kerchu was not brought up, and neither was her time as the thief. Instead She had discussed Max Apogee who had helped her flee tachyon.  Sasha had showed her apartment in the mayors office and angela had even gotten to talk to president Pyronix on holophone,  who was enjoying a break at the Maktar resort. Now they had caught up with the rest of the group, and angela was determined to enjoy what was left of her vacation.  Thanks for taking me to the party' Angela said ' any time. Its not often one can say that they've known the two last known lombaxes in existence. "Sasha said. And dated one of them Ratchets told me about you, and Talwynn."
 Sasha smiled ' Ratchet should be meeting with Mayor wooley. lets go meet up wioth him and Clank."
_
 Volleyball it is.' Sima said ' Get ready to get spankred kiara, I'm buig but I'm pretty good at volleyball" Sima smirked. Lets go find an open court, shall we? Anf Kiara keep an eye on the ball, and not the beefcake walking around ' she laughed. " otherwise this game wont last very long.
-
 Neyla was sent to sancrom 4, to fight robot zombies. the tigeress growled as she was handed a pistol and told to destroy akll the zombies.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson nodded. "I do apologize for that but without a response, I had no way to tell if Chong was sending his men to attack us." She offered the two some water from the pitcher that the hotel had provided. "But regardless, welcome back aboard."

----------------------------

"Understood," Mr. Bigmouth said. He looked at Ms. Swimmer, who was busy studying her role and cover. It was then that he realized something. "Do we have a back up plan in the event that we are discovered?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
  if you are discovered, you're hosed, essentially. ' Utsa said " Which is why it is essential that you NOT get discovered. Chong and Vox wont think twice about tossing you into the arena, unarmed." she sighed. "In the case of discovery, my government will cut all ties and deny any involvement, in short, you will be completely on your own. " Utsa paused then gestured and a series of badges appeared in front of each of the team ' these magical badges will teleport you to any world you can think of. think of it as a  escape hatch. you get discovered,  you use these to get out.  unfortunately, if you are discovered, security will be tightened enormously going forward in Dreadzone and we wont be able to get another shot at a rescue for months at least. . Put simply, Mr Bigmouth, we will only get one shot at this." Utsa said firmly. ' so  for the sake of everyone involved, don't do anything to blow your cover. these Dramos conceal magics are strong, and cant be easily dispelled, only an exceptionally strong mage could undo them. I dont think chong is strong enough to dispel them. Mertavius on the other hand, is. We've had dealings with that Dark Mage before ' Utsa sighed.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth nodded. When Usta mentioned that torture and then death in the arena was a likely fate if they were discovered, he contemplated bringing a pistol, poison or a sizable explosive charge to ensure he died instead of being forced to fight for Chong's sadistic entertainment. But the mention of the badges allayed his fears. The teleportation badge coupled with the supplies in his messenger bag (which would be concealed by the enchantment) could ensure his survival until he was rescued.

He nodded as Usta spoke. "Okay, let's do this." His voice was firm and resolute, nothing betrayed the fear that ran through him.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it is natural , mr Bigmouth  to have fear when going into a dangerous situation ' Utsa said ' even immortals feel fear, as they bear greater burdens than mortals. It is strictly forbidden, by the by,  for any mortal to try to become immortal.  I know this,  because a former elder of Dramos tried several thousand years ago to attain immortality. it did not end well for him. the stone figure he became is kept in the hall of records as a warning against such folly. " Utsa said. " The seer would not send you on this mission,Mr Bigmouth, if he did not have confidence in you and your abilities.  If you trust in anything, trust in the Seer, he has not steered you wrong yet. " Utsa said " if you have any questions, my door will be open to you.  an announcement came over the loud speaker ' Shuttlecraft heading tob Dreadzone is nw docked in  Hangar 8. will all dramosian staff please go to Hangar immediately? you shuttle is waiting?
_time to go then ' Dixie said, picking up her cards and putting them in her dress.  Dragon, Dulcy, Ember, both Cynders, Korin, and Samia all  followed her, each looking at their cards which included official Dramos IDs. "We'll get paid as part of the cover" dragon said looking t her card. 1 million each, although I'm nbot dsure how much that translates to Far Far Away currency, opr whatever places you are from. " its a load of cash, but then again since this a projewect in the bilions in costs, a million per is nothing " warfang said. " just remember to act professional at all times , ladies. Follow mR Bigmouth and dulcys instructions. "
-
 Sima brought out her vollyball unform which bore Kovus colors ' Just got it made ' She grinned at Kiara  ' Lets get this vollyball game underway, shall we?' She smirked serving a ball over the net at Kiara
_ Wendy and flurrie reached the forest course, which had a record lap tip of 2 minutes 5 .25 seconds, a record which had stood for almost a year. they had taken an hours break for lunch, with Flurrie trying a   Peppermint pirare shajke and Wendy settling on a Azorean Tower burger, which had 5 huge patties in them. both of them were very filling, and after about 20 minutes of walking off the meal, the duo had made it to the forest course.  ' lets try for under 2 minutes ' wendy said."  Flurrie climbed into the backslot while Wendy,  having legs to reach the pedals,  took the drivers slot. " the manager began  a countdown from 5 seconds. and wendy primed the kart engine.
-
Arlene  entered the room where she would be staying at the reef inn.  a holophone stood in the corner you could project your image anywhere on the island, to anyone you wanted. Arlene went over the phone and put in olivers name. Soon an inage of Oliver at the amusement park was visible ' Oliver? just as a reminder that once you are done playing you come to the Reef inn, room 404. You have your own bed.' Arlene said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Character brought back at request of nick22)

Eric Cartman was relaxing on the beach of...whatever this planet was called. He didn't even read the brochure, he just saw the tropical picture and immediately cashed in a vacation day. He'd been working offscreen for what felt like 17 months, and was finally taking an opportunity to bask in the light of a warm summer sun.

-----------------------------------

"In that case, I accept," Aimee answered. Shakila rolled her eyes. "Should we return to the Spire? If you've already sold all our belongings and reallocated our room, it's no big deal. I didn't own anything irreplaceable anyway."

"Tarrax said we should explore the planet and relax a while," Shakila added, "but your orders would of course supersede his."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:27:42 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hey Eric, Laval said coming up to where Eric was seated on the beach. " Catching some sun, huh?' the red maned prince grinned ' Good call. I've just been wandering around town, taking in some of the shops. Eris  and Li'ella are hanging with Elida, I THINK they're at the local amusement park, but dont quote me on that. Anyway,  I grabbed some lunch,  and they have these huge jelly-filled doughnuts that are shaped liked crabs, heck they are even red like crabs ' Leaval said producing a pair of reddish pastries. ' Would you like one? they're real good ' he said extending one of the frosted treats to his fellow engineer.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sure thing mom, I'll be there then," Oliver promised to the hologram of Arlene. He wrote down where she said for good measure. He then looked at the wolves and smiled. "Would you wanna go to the bumper cars with us?" he offered politely to Mona and Flash.

Kiara was ready to hit the ball back. She leaped into the air, letting the guys on the beach take in a nice view of her booty. "Head's up, Sima!" she called to the lioness from Mawashi as she struck it back across the net. Kiara may have lacked the pure muscle that Kopa and to an extent Kovu had, but she was good at sports that required lots of movement.

Nick Wilde was packing up his things before he would head off on his important mission. He knew he would be away for a while, so Judy and some of their friends would be in charge of the bar. "Remember Carrots," he smirked, hugging Judy, "Wear that outfit I got for ya, and it'll bring customers in by the boatload." He gave a sly smirk at the rabbit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:07:45 PM by brekclub85 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Thanks for the offer, but I just had the hugest ice cream. You wouldn't even believe it," Eric yawned. "I'm just taking this opportunity to relax after working so hard on the ship for...how long has it even been since I joined up?"

He rolled over to keep his tan even. "How you been?" he asked sleepily. "Haven't spoken in quite...some...zzzzzz"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Doing well ' Level said ' you should tilt your umbrella forward so you domnt get sunburned. As for how long its been, a couple months, you joined us during our stop on Mawashii.  How your section of engineering wing coming along? Are the Food grpeth Vats stabilized? We had an issue with those over on my side ." Laval scratched his head. the food was coming out micro-size. seems someone flipped the switch from Huge to tiny ' The red maned Lion shrugged. " we're working on fixing it."
_
 Alright, alright, I'll wear that " Hooting" uniform you got for me 6 months  ago ' Judy said ' but you be careful Nick, this isnt like arresting jaywalkers, its far more dangerous. Do not do anything stupid or the Chief will hear about it from me." she said shaking a finger at Nick." Just stay safe whiskers."
-
 Sima hit the ball where kiara couldnt return it ' !-0 to me ' she smirked and put the ball in play.
-
Sure we can do the bumper carsc .' flash Nodded ' Lets go guys. Lead us there."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"See if that streak holds," Kiara teased, remembering what mistakes to avoid this time. As she bent over slightly to be ready to leap up and hit the ball when Sima served it again, she gave her rear a wiggle, for the crowd. She gave a hard hit to the ball when it was on her side.

"I promise I won't, dumb bunny," he said in a playful teasing way, then gave Judy a hug. "Remember to sway your hips while you wear that uniform," he added with a smug smirk, as he took off to aid the others.

"This way," Ollie pointed. The cats led the wolves to the bumper car ride. The line wasn't long, all 4 would be able to get in on the next go around.

"Shall we make this a team game or free for all?" Oliver asked the others. He was fine either way.

Bentley had unveiled his latest invention. A scanner that could examine any closed box or chest, and be able to determine the amount of loot inside.

"This way, we can find with ease where the most valuables are kept," the brainiac turtle explained.

"You always impress me Bentley," Sly complimented, counting some coins from a recent heist.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:27:14 AM by brekclub85 »

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

"Complete immortality is impossible with our science anyways," Mr. Bigmouth replied. "But there are scientists working on life extension and regeneration...to the point that agelessness is a possibility."

The shuttle that would take them to the Dreadzone was a Spirarian shuttle modified for the operation by removing all identification and being mocked up to look like an official Dramosian government vehicle.

"Good luck," the Spire's first mate said.

Mr. Bigmouth saluted the officer who returned the salute.

-----------------------

(Reef Inn, Hoolefar Island)

"We're currently on break right now," Captain Carson said. "The only thing that is being done is a mission being undertaken by Utsa." As if anticipating the response, the Human added. "That mission is classified."

-----------------------

(Hoolefar Island)

Dr. Zanasiu and Zachary were taking a leisurely walk alongside the seaside trails. Dr. Kerzach had opted to participate in some of the more physical activities present on the island like sand dueling -- a form of freeform fencing that took place in a marked sand arena that shifted every so often to provide a challenge.   

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
“Wow, it sounds like we need to go on leave,” Shakila said pointedly in Aimee’s direction. “Like Tarrax and everyone has said to!”

“Fine...” Emilena threw her arms in the air. “I can think of worse things than forced vacation. Thanks for being understanding, Captain.”

Shakila and Aimee walked out of the hotel and onto the beaches of this planet.

“So, what do you want to do first?” Shakila asked.

Aimee shrugged. “Leave? I don’t do vacations.”

“You were legally dead less than 24 hours ago!” Shakila griped. “You currently have no obligations, and you’re on a floating tourist attraction of a planet. Go buy a ice cream or something and lighten up!”

“Did someone say ice cream!?” A man in a pair of bright pink swim trunks leapt to his feet and sprinted over from the sand. “You must go to the Spätzle Swirl, I can’t make out what the shopkeeper is trying to say, but it’s delicious and you can pay with a lock of your hair!

Shakila wrinkled her nose, but Aimee sounded intrigued. “Take me there. Now,” she ordered.

“Sure!” The man extended a hand. “Name’s Eric!” he replied cheerfully. “I recognize your uniforms, you’re from the Spire as well! I work as an engineer.”

“I’m Aimee, and she’s Shakila,” Aimee replied.

Eric winked at Shakila. “Cat got your tongue?” he joked. He beckoned. “Come hither!”

I don’t like this man…” Shakila murmured under her breath, annoyed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:53:36 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Laval smirked as he saw  Eric run off '  Well. Better go find Li'ella, Eris and Elida " he said to himself.  He soon got his answer as li ella eris and vitani cane by in carts, with elida and vushu ridding in sie cars. ' reading to race Laval? Eris grinned. " Always laval said.
_
 Dixie, Cynder-s, Cynder-W, Dragon, Dulcy, Korin , Ember, samia, Stitch, Tigeress Jing King and the rest of the group filed into the shuttle. as promised there was a large bar in the v coenwr and a snack dusapense in the middle. ' everyone in? good, take your seats.  Let me introducxe you to the medics  that will be coming along with us serving as team doctors. the odds of getting injured on jobs like this is high, so having healers/doctors is important. Doctor hapsburg and Doctor mercy." she motioned to a pair seated on some ornate chairs.
-
 Kovu trained on his punching bag, a screen periodically showing the fights going on the planet orxon. ' kovu stopped and grabbed a cup of water from a dispenser in the corner.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: