The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

High School!!!

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hello TGAF!!,

So when I joined this community in 2013, I was only 12 years old..., I am almost 17 now. High school has been... crazy...., so I thought it’d be cool to have a discussion where we all talk about our high school experiences? As I know many people in the community aren’t in high school anymore, I figured this would be a fun discussion.

My experience so far?
I’m currently in my Junior year of highschool, meaning I have one year left after this one. It’s been nuts. Freshmen year I was all about image, and not super serious on grades, only with a 3.0 GPA. It was about how much makeup I had on, what clothes I was wearing, and if I had a boyfriend or not. I’m sure you guys remember the time I posted on body image here too, which I struggled with severally. The summer after was awful, I acted like someone I wasn’t. Sophomore year the first semester, I turned my life around and got further involved in the performing arts.. I had been singing for years, and I auditioned for a Broadway Jr production of “The Lion King,” and I got the supporting lead of Sarafina! The 2nd semester I developed a relationship with my Dad, took off the makeup, and managed to get a 3.67 GPA. However, by becoming my true self, I lost many of my “friends”. This past summer, I focused on building and maintaining the real me..., and I auditioned for Broadway Jr’s “The Little Mermaid,” in September, and received the role of Ursula! I joined a fantastic Theatre community, and the first semester of my Junior year has been amazing (except Physics). I’ve embraced my true self, no longer care about image, have real friends & an awesome theatre family outside of school. I also have a good relationship with my father (and kept a 3.67 GPA).
It’s defintely been a journey, and this is just a summary..., but 2017 has been the best year of my life.., and I don’t mind the journey..., because here I am now..., my true self!!

I hope to hear about your highschool stories! :)
8 years with TGOF :yum

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I would rather forget high school, honestly. There wasn't much about it that I liked.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's fine. I wasn't mad at you. I hope I didn't give that impression. There were some things I liked about high school, but for personal reasons, it's not a time I like to think about too much.

One of the few things that I did enjoy about high school was art class. I remember the teacher was pretty nice and I had enjoyed painting and coloring with pastels.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That’s awesome!! Do you post art here on the forums?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah I do, though not for quite a while. You can see some of my older work in the Fanart section, and I know I did some non-LBT fanart that's located around here as well. I've mostly done digital art lately.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That’s great!! I’ll definitely be looking at your art!! I’m sure you are talented!
Happy New Year btw!

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This year is my first year in high school. I'm 15. Exams start January 22nd for the first time and I really don't know if I will do well :unsure:
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
My advice for you is STUDYYYY!

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I’ll be doing a lot of that, that’s for sure lol
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's good to see things are working out for you and that you are focusing on things that you truly care about. It seems to be one of the harder things to do when growing up, especially during high school (and remember, physics is phun :p ).

I don't think I have any noteworthy high school stories to share myself but I had a similar experience starting all the way back in grade 6. Back then I was split between being with the "cool" group and with another friend that was perceived by others as "uncool". I struggled trying to deal with both situations for about a year until one day when my "uncool" friend was at my place and we decided to watch the first LBT (it had been a couple years since I had watched it and I had figured I had outgrown it). That moment helped get me back into LBT but I think also helped me realize what type of person I should be. From someone who I was reluctant to admit was a friend became my best friend for the last 16 or so years.

My advice for you is STUDYYYY!
It's best to learn good study habits early. I went through high school I never really needing to study but when it came to post secondary, well needless to say I got caught unprepared and things got interesting for awhile.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just remember having a math teacher who was a total witch. My region is called the Central West so we called her 'The Wicked Witch of the Central West'.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Flathead that’s honestly so amazing, I’m glad everything worked out the way it did then!

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I’m sorry Nahla lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I have just finished my freshman year of High School. Low and behold, it was the funnest and craziest year I've had so far. My teachers were awesome, I still had most of my friends from Middle School, and the new friends I made were also just as great. My grades were very consistent for the most part with a slip-up here and there, but overall I got into the Honor Roll every quarter, something which happens all the time since 6th grade. My GPA for this year is a 99.9, and I'm very happy about that. I feel that High School has opened up a huge amount of opportunity for students like me, and I haven't felt so much freedom since first going to High School (Not really for the latter point, but compared to Middle and Elementary School, there's a huge difference.) I've never given this much appraisal for school before, but they have really stepped up their game with the last four years, I must say. It'll be interesting to see what will take place in my Sophomore year. After all, I will be taking two AP classes.
:olittlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Half these things mean very little to me since I do not have an American background, but 99.9 sounds impressive as heck. Could you elaborate a bit for us non-Americans? :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Half these things mean very little to me since I do not have an American background, but 99.9 sounds impressive as heck. Could you elaborate a bit for us non-Americans? :)

Honestly, I have no idea how GPA is factored in my High School. Hmm, is information like that even public? Probably, but I either didn't care enough or I never actively pursued that type of information. This section in a Wikipedia Article should be of interest to you, however. A general grading system of GPA in United States public high schools according to a 2009 High School transcript study. Here's another chart of GPA provided by the CollegeBoard website, giving us a conversation from Letter/Percentage Grade to the 4.0 Scale. Most colleges and many high schools use it as well. So unless I misinterpreted what you wanted, this is probably all I can provide to you in terms of elaboration. Unless you wanted me to elaborate on how I got my 99.9 GPA?

So, according to that chart my GPA should be equivalent to a 4.0. My GPA seems unweighted as well, since I never recall any extra points being added to any of my classes. Hmm......
I check grades for my classes often, and at any time I want as well. The technology to do that wasn't available when you were in school, correct?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...