The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Its the final countdown....to half a million!!!

Petrie · 22 · 3325

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Starting with number 10 here!!!

16 years and half a million posts strong!!! Long live the GOF!!!!  :cheers :cheers :cheers

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is only seven more after this post if my math is correct. It is amazing to think that we are this close to half a million posts.  :wow

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Who else is posting and messing with the numbers? :P  Is that you Pterano?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be me contributing to a few topics that I have not had time to focus on lately due to my schedule.  :p  Though Pterano might be contributing as well.  :thinking He might not want you to get the prize, Petrie.  :opetrie

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Taunt

• A questionable test account
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theonion.com/

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Either me or Rhombus got it...I was in the back room posting something.  I either had the 499999 or 500000.  I tried!!!!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, looking at my previous post it says 500,001 so I do believe that you got it, Petrie!  :yes And just in case anyone is curious Taunt was intentionally late as having a testing account get the milestone would have been too much of a troll even for Taunt.  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
okay seriously you guys spamming like shit to get it? GG  :facepalm

EDIT thinks that this is a pretty poor behavior of staff. Not admin-worthy. If I had pulled such a stunt, spamming a few topics just to get the number, I would have been rebuked for it. Last time I checked we were 17 away. A few meaningless posts in the party room and I would have had it.

So have the backbone to accept my rebuke for this idiotic behavior, thank you.  :rolleye
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:40:38 PM by Ducky123 »
Inactive, probably forever.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Congratulations, Petrie, on getting the 500,000th!
500.000 posts... It is impossible to imagine so many! May it become even more in the future, so that this beatiful place keeps its activity.   :)littlefoot

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
and yes, nice job forum. The forum's postcount increased by about 40% since I joined in 2013, pretty crazy
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky I didn't spam a single post in the game room.  I posted around the forum where I needed to.  We didn't make a silly countdown here.   But I think we need to look positively here--half a million posts is quite a milestone!  :exactly

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay, congrats everyone on the 500.000 posts! :D Glad to have contributed over 1%, haha!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Congratulations, forum! 50000 is the big number!

Lol, if you want fair competition - hide stats of forum from public users and even for administrators when next big number is close. And after some time check who did hit the number. :P And then return statistics back.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yay, congrats everyone on the 500.000 posts! :D Glad to have contributed over 1%, haha!

I wanted to look and see what my percent count was... but it turns out we have the EXACT same post count (if you include this one) so thanks for doing the math for me! :P

Congrats to everyone on the GOF for hitting the big 500k! That's an insane number, and it's great to see this forum continue to thrive after all these years.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:35:54 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 05, 2019, 04:33:48 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 05, 2019, 04:33:48 AM

I wanted to look and see what my percent count was... but it turns out we have the EXACT same post count (if you include this one) so thanks for doing the math for me! :P

Oh gees, I had no idea our post counts were so close together! That's crazy, haha. Of course, posts in the party room are not counted towards our totals (but do count towards the board total), so perhaps our contribution is even bigger, but at least a solid 1% :P

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i have contributed 7.77% of all posts that are counted. that number has dropped considerably over the past couple years as my posting  frequency  has decreased and other posters have joined. plus i have posted so often that nothing short of 100 posts a day is going to shift my percentage very much.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Made a post on discord but better do it here as well. Congrats on reaching the 1/2 million mark! :celebrate

It's interesting to note that the URL of a specific reply seems to have the total post count in it, but it comes up as slightly less. Like http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16288.msg477138#msg477138 and http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16288.msg477141#msg477141 for example