The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion

rhombus · 481 · 71583

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Since this month's prompt is Rhombus's I feel he'd be more qualified to answer your question. I'm tentatively going to say I don't think the character's gender is going to be an issue, but I would be cautious about bringing old works forward. Though as long as it's changed significantly enough, it should be fine.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
fun fact: in official translation of some LBT movies, one beloved character was forced to change its gender... Many times.
guess who was a victim...

(hint: It's nickname of one active user)
Ducky?  :blink:

but I would be cautious about bringing old works forward. Though as long as it's changed significantly enough, it should be fine.
I think Snik never posted never stories on here so far. Of course it's always better to write a new story but if he has a story that fits the prompt that he hasn't shared with us yet... why not? :)

My story idea is a recycled version of something I wrote like... 3 years ago too. It just never took off back then so I never continued it. Of course I'm writing it from scratch... all these grammar mistakes in my old writing ugh  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
as I said, I have not-written story.

That means it wasn't written anywhere and its events happened only inside my head so far. :P

Ducky?  :blink:
poor Ducky...

He....
oops
SHE is not amused.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was not my intention to limit the gender of the person in my prompt, so either "he" or "she" would work in this instance.  :yes I look forward to seeing what you come up with if you decide to participate, Snik.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
as I said, I have not-written story.

That means it wasn't written anywhere and its events happened only inside my head so far. :p
Ohhh, sorry for mixing that up  :lol

poor Ducky...

He....
oops
SHE is not amused.
user posted image
That face...  :spit Screams at me "DRAW ME, Ducky!"  :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That will be the prompt that the winner of the voting decides for Fyn and I.  All of those who submitted a story for the prompt will be able to vote on who they think had the best prompt response, though they cannot vote for themselves (and they cannot vote for Fyn and I either, as we are running the project). I will open up the voting tomorrow in the appropriate topic.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Mine might be a few minutes late, but I'm going to get it submitted dangit >.>

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, everyone, the first month has been completed and wow did we get a lot of participation.  :wow  Six submissions far exceeds what I believed was possible for this prompt challenge, and the quality of work that I have seen thus far is truly awe-inspiring.  All of our participants from January should feel proud of what they have produced.  :)

Now we have 2 things on the agenda.

First, there will be voting in the the voting topic for the best prompt response in the last month.  Each participant from the last month will have the opportunity to cast a vote for one of the entries, except that you cannot vote for yourself or for me or Fyn.  Fyn and I will only cast a vote if necessary to break a tie.  You will have until 11:59PM February 06, 2017 to cast your votes.  The winner will get to pick a special prompt for Fyn and I to complete.

Second, there is a new prompt for a new month.  The same rules will apply for this month as in last month, if you wish to participate then you will need to complete a story or poem that fulfills the prompt and then you will need to PM me with the title, description, gang of five link, and fanfiction.net link of the story.  This month’s prompt is:

February 2017

Proposed by Fyn

Your protagonist for this piece is widely considered to be the Great Valley's foremost expert on love, but one day, they are approached by the last dinosaur they ever expected to see, with his/her most challenging request yet

Have fun, everyone!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
O_o

I'm little confused about new prompt... foremost expert on love? You mean, like, matchmaker? And there's more than one of them?
(I think I gonna skip this prompt month again... xD)
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, this is gonna get interesting... For now, I have no idea what to write but luckily there's a whole month to think about it. :) Also, six participants was a quite good amount for the first month and I agree that every one of them was a great read. Now if I could just decide whom I'm gonna vote for.  :lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Feb 1 2017 on  03:59 AM
O_o

I'm little confused about new prompt... foremost expert on love? You mean, like, matchmaker? And there's more than one of them?
(I think I gonna skip this prompt month again... xD)
The prompt was left deliberately ambiguous this month to encourage interpretation. "Foremost expert" as you suggested, could mean a matchmaker, but it also could mean a healer, an advice-giver, perhaps a parent with a stable relationship and a good courting history, or even just a normal resident of the Valley who happens to know what they're talking about.

So, as an example prompt response synopsis that Rhombus and I thought up a while back:

"Ducky's mother is surprised when none other than Red Claw shows up in the Valley asking for her help in the art of courtship."

As you can imagine, this is definitely not a serious prompt, though there is still room for serious interpretations. My interpretation definitely borders on the serious side this month. In any case, it's all up to you.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I knew it would be something romantic but... I'm not sure if I can work with such a vague... prompt  :unsure:

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I had a very interesting idea for this prompt but now when I re read it I notice that it would not address the prompt I'm not sure if I'll write on this prompt now.
And I had such an interesting idea too but I'll see if I can pull an ace out of my sleeve for this cause I really would like to write.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

The Wasp

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Don't mind the romance, my current fic is about that haha, but it is quite vague.

Challenge accepted.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh, I still need to read the latest entries :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Fyn16,Feb 1 2017 on  07:00 PM
So, as an example prompt response synopsis that Rhombus and I thought up a while back:

"Ducky's mother is surprised when none other than Red Claw shows up in the Valley asking for her help in the art of courtship."
LOL

What next? Original Sharptooth asks Ruby for help? XD

it sounds like it's a promt only for not-serious pun stories. XD

ok ok, I stop.

I just can't imagine any idea for serious story with this prompt.
Only something for short pun story from my third LBT universe... (example:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...ost&p=40005202 till the end of page)://http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegango...he end of page)
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not willing to be nitpicky but the prompt says the protagonist has to be approached by the last "dinosaur" he/she expects. Does it matter if the character in question is a flyer?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That's a very good point, and one I am embarrassed to admit I overlooked. Yes, the "dinosaur" can be any variety of prehistoric creature.

Hope I could clear that up!