The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Death defying drop

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
I just want to clarify something here: During the earthquake, when Sharptooth falls into that huge cassavas, how did he survive that fall? I have watched a few documentaries that state that a fully grown T. Rex would die from its injuries by simply tripping over, let alone plummeting free-falls. Also that after Cera wakes Sharptooth up, all that he got was apparently a sore back!

So in that case, Littlefoot's assumption that he was dead was perfectly justifiable and that he didn't need to go to the extent of finishing him off at the lake.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Many have wondered about that before, and I think many of us agree that the original sharptooth may have had some superpowers :p Maybe someone  can link you to the original thread we had about this...

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
That can be a good idea. Can you please give me that link?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Sharptooth = supernatural?

Supposed Superpowers of Original Sharptootht

These cover most of the explanations. I'll add one more.
Maybe Sharptooth isn't supernaturally strong, but supernaturally lightweight? It explains his high jumps and durability, and also explains the fact that his jumping on Littlefoot's mother's back didn't break it.

Still, the most plausible explanation is that sharptooth was drawn that way to make a stronger impression on the viewers.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey! It's THE shorptooth! He must had some super-abilities ;) Though one ability would have been very useful for him: The ability to swim  :nyah
Inactive, probably forever.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That, or the drop wasn't as big as we thought. The earthquake still could have moved him deeper into the earth after he was knocked out.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Mar 16 2013 on  06:41 AM
The Sharptooth = supernatural?

Supposed Superpowers of Original Sharptootht

These cover most of the explanations. I'll add one more.
Maybe Sharptooth isn't supernaturally strong, but supernaturally lightweight? It explains his high jumps and durability, and also explains the fact that his jumping on Littlefoot's mother's back didn't break it.

Still, the most plausible explanation is that sharptooth was drawn that way to make a stronger impression on the viewers.
Thanks for the information. Yeh, when you think about he does to have superpowers, or he is a exception to the rules of nature. Either one of the two.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The LBT 6 sharptooth survived what seemed to be an even deeper drop.

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 17 2013 on  05:13 AM
The LBT 6 sharptooth survived what seemed to be an even deeper drop.
True Malte279. Maybe sharpteeth are like cats or something similar perhaps?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan 93,Mar 17 2013 on  05:18 AM
True Malte279. Maybe sharpteeth are like cats or something similar perhaps?
In the LBT world you'd be right!
But in reality a sharptooth can't survive a drop like in the original or in LBT6, that's a fact ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Not to shatter any ideas, but in reality dinosaurs couldn't talk either :p  :lol

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 17 2013 on  11:25 AM
Not to shatter any ideas, but in reality dinosaurs couldn't talk either :p  :lol
True, but yet again EVERY movie flounders on the rules of nature by some degree anyway!  :lol

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's been a while since I've seen it, but doesn't the massive gorge that Cera falls into open up after Sharptooth falls? As was suggested above, it could be that Sharptooth fell into a smaller crevasse (or at least landed on a ledge) and knocked himself out, and then in the resulting earthquake, the area he was lying on got shifted downwards when the gorge opened up.