The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Nostalgia Critic is returning

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The Review Must Go On

...Didn't see that coming.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Haha! Nella's smartcar XD

I had the same thoughts as him about Timothy Green. If you want a kid so bad when you're sterile (or whatever their problem was) GO TO A BLEEDIN' ORPHANAGE!. And their expectations were disgusting! Those two things were picked up from the commercials alone, and those things alone killed my interest in seeing the movie.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I loved it, too! Granted, I will miss Demo Reel, but hey, it wasn't doing well, so there's nothing to be done about it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
So am I the only one who was teary eyed by the end?

Geez, I still am. Welcome back NC!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's nice to know there's at least one message board that's taking this maturely: you guy. Right now, everywhere else, there's a huge flame war going between people happy about this and people who are claiming that Doug's "sold out" without realizing that his livelihood is on the line.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
...excuse me for a moment.

*goes to a corner in bedroom*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back NC!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Did I mention that Phelous, Lupa, JesuOtaku, SadPanda, and some of the other contributors have turned against Doug Walker now? Yeah, they have. They're angry that he brought the Critic back after they played a role in sending him off. Well, at least Doug knows who his friends are now.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
he changed his mind. at least its not the mess NBC made of the Tonight Show when Leno wanted his job back..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah... That was just a nightmare.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I am quite glad to see the Nostalgia Critic back. I got to admit that I didn't watch most of the movies he reviewed but even if one hadn't seen them the reviews were still funny to watch while with Demo Reel, in spite of the amount of spirit undoubtedly put into it, I always had the impression that I didn't get most of the jokes.
I do hope that Doug Walker himself is happy with the decision and that there won't be any long term feud between Phelous, Lupa, JesuOtaku, SadPanda and the others with him; that would be a real shame :(

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I doubt there'll be a long term feud. However, I can kind of understand where they're coming from. They've been told since 2011 that "To Boldly Flee" would be the swan song of The Critic, and then not long after they spent two weeks busting their chops with no pay filming the damn thing, does "Demo Reel" fall under and The Critic gets revived.

They'll get over it, Lindsey/Nostalgia Chick assured everyone that they all love Doug. She's actually relieved he's back, because according to her, business has been down by a whole 2/3 ever since Doug retired The Critic.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Likely the best compromise.  He does the critic, does some ideas he's had since he put the character away, just not as often as before.  Traffic on the site goes up and he still has time to do other stuff.  

Similar to I guess Edgar Rice Burroughs, who instead of trying to kill off Tarzan like Sir Conan Doyle did with Sherlock Holmes, did continue to write Tarzan books, but he did other books also.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's been announced that Malcon and Rebecca (the actor and actress introduced in Demo Reel) will be a part of the revamped Nostalgia Critic series.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it's good they still have jobs. I did enjoy their acting, even though I just didn't like the show itself that much.

Yay for new Nostalgia Critic reviews! This brings hope that maybe he'll at least touch on LBT at some point. Of course, I mean anything LBT, other than the original LBT. He did sequels to other Don Blush films, and other Don Bluth films he didn't really like that much, so why not at least one of the LBT sequels?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Since you mentioned him reviewing an LBT movie, I want to see him review LBT 13. Oh man, that would be funny!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It might be possible but I'm afraid it is not likely since MarzGurl already did the LBT movies in 2011.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Doug's already reviewed stuff that other people have, so it's not like there's any such thing as "reviewer's dibs".

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember him saying his stance on reviewing things other people have already reviewed is he'll only do it if he can bring something new to the table. If he can look at it in a different way, or if he can think of things to bring up that other reviewers never did. If he can't, he won't bother.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes I'm glad he is coming back. I hated Demo Reel it wasn't good at all. I thought it was his worst show ever. Now he is going to do it bi-weekly witch is good I guess. But thrilled he is making a come back with this character. This was the character that made him very popular and what made him the most money. Looking forward to his new NC reviews.