The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It's much cooler around here as well. Right now the temperature is 14°C. I have to say that this is way more comfortable to me compared to the previous temperatures. Of course, I like a good sunny weather as much as anyone, but sometimes you just want some change from that heat. It's also looking a bit cloudy here too. Who knows, it might start raining soon.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Today, we're back to much warmer temperatures again with a high of 87°F (~30.6°C). With the dew point being around 59°F (15°C) most of the day, it doesn't feel oppressive at all, but rather it could be more comfortable today. Trust me, if the dew point was the same as yesterday, it would feel so, so hot today. A dry heat makes all the difference in the summer, folks! :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Today seems to be the time for an overcast day coming up. The temperature is approximately 15°C. The chance of precipitation is also quite large, but it would not really be a hindrance if it rained even a little bit.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Today is Mostly Sunny Skies with the temperature peaking at 88°F (~31.1°C). Summer is really taking full effect here already it seems.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like every day for the next week is going to have temperatures in the 80s F (with the exception of Sunday, which will only reach 71F). There will also be a chance of thunderstorms this weekend, with the rest of the week after being a mix of clear days and rainy days.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it did indeed rain yesterday which was a good thing. Today's temperature is 17°C and will be mostly sunny. A great day to take a walk outside. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Today is my first 90°F (~32.2°C) day! :wow

Dew point at 54°F (~12.2°C) for most of the day until the late afternoon, when it rose a decent amount.

Tomorrow is Partly Cloudy Skies in the morning, but in the afternoon there's a 40% chance of scattered severe thunderstorms, some which may produce large hail and strong winds. Hopefully there won't be any bad storms tomorrow!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Today's temperature is 17°C and will be partly cloudy today.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Today is my second 90°F (~32.2°C) day! :wow

It's much more humid today, with the dew point at 70°F (~21.1°C), give or take.

Scattered strong to severe thunderstorms expected this late afternoon into evening, chance of rain 50%. Some storms may contain large hail and damaging winds. Hit or miss? Hopefully it'll be a miss for my area. So far today, it has been Partly Cloudy.

Just five miles south of my area a severe thunderstorm warning was issued, which ended at 4:15 PM. Based on the radar, it looked like a tiny supercell with heavy rain.

*UPDATE*
No rain or thunderstorms at all that affected my area today. Some parts of Long Island weren't spared though.
Overall...All Clear! :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:34:34 PM by ImpracticalDino »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, today was quite the doozy! :lol

Today was forecasted for a 30% chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon.
Well, at 2:45 PM - 3:05 PM, my area was slammed with torrential downfall and tiny hail. I was pretty surprised at that. A severe thunderstorm warning was issued and expected to expire at 3:15 PM. There was a line of strong thunderstorms moving southeast at 35 MPH according to radar it seems. Before the storm, the temperature was 81°F (~27.2°C), but after it subsided, it was 61°F (~16.1°C)! It was only for a little bit before recovering back to the lower 70s. Right now the temperature is 76°F (~24.4°C). But overall, it was much cooler after the event and the skies cleared out completely. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll post a quick update regarding the weather for my area here. If nobody else will post from hereon out, I'll only do occasional updates.

So a lot of the days has been in the upper 80s °F and decently humid. But today has been oppressive. With a dew point of 75°F (~23.9°C) all day and a temperature of 88°F (~31.1°C), the heat index reached 98°F (~36.7°C). Despite the risk of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon to early evening hours, nothing really happened. Today was Partly Cloudy.

Talk about a Florida-like climate, eh? ;)
At least a cold front will pass through soon, dropping the temperatures to a still warm but cooler 81°F (~27.2°C) tomorrow.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's been a while since I posted here. Today's temperature is about 17°C with 38% of rain.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cooler today. Dew point is lower as well, though not at that optimal level I desire. Today reached 83°F (~28.3°C).

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
About the same weather as yesterday. The temperature should remain at 17°C and the chance of precipitation is 24%.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A bit cooler than yesterday. Dew point is lower again. Today's high is 79°F (26.1°C).

Wow, Alaska is much hotter than usual with a dome of High Pressure dominant over the region. Anchorage reached 90°F (~32.2°C) for the first time ever on July 4, 2019. It shattered their previous record high temperature of 85°F, set back in June 14, 1969. Talk about experiencing heat that people down in the south experience basically everyday in the Summer.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
24°C today, which has been typical of the weather lately, although the weather notification on my phone says that there'll be drastic temperature changes later on.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Right now, it's 87°F (~30.6°C). Most of the week will be in the upper 80s, with some days in the mid 80s. I really wish that the night time temperatures provided some better relief, but so far it has been upper 60s to lower 70s. :(

For most of the week, there will be sunshine. I would actually appreciate rain in this time of year, since it does cool temperatures down significantly...at the price of humidity levels being a bit high though. Temperatures do tend to rebound after a rain event, so it's only temporary. But, it's better than nothing at least. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's gonna be a heat wave that will affect the Midwest, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Northeast in the United States in the next couple of days. Record highs in the daytime have the potential to be broken, with temperatures ranging in the low 90s to the low 100s. Nighttime record highs are also expected with temperatures in the upper 70s to low 80s, providing basically no relief at all to the sweltering heat in the day. Also, expect very humid conditions as well with dew points in the low to mid 70s, making heat indexes easily soar above the century mark.

Currently for me, it's 91°F (~32.8°C), feels like temp of 103°F (~39.4°C), and a dew point of 75°F (~23.9°C). A heat advisory is in effect because of these conditions.

Even before this, temps in my area have been in the upper 80s for weeks already, making it an above average summer so far in terms of temperature.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Right now, it's 87°F (~30.6°C). Most of the week will be in the upper 80s, with some days in the mid 80s. I really wish that the night time temperatures provided some better relief, but so far it has been upper 60s to lower 70s. :(

For most of the week, there will be sunshine. I would actually appreciate rain in this time of year, since it does cool temperatures down significantly...at the price of humidity levels being a bit high though. Temperatures do tend to rebound after a rain event, so it's only temporary. But, it's better than nothing at least. :)

I hear you. It's been getting gradually hotter here too, to the point that night hasn't been cooling it off that much any more. Although we just got a massive rainstorm earlier this afternoon which has been ongoing since.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The past two nights have been miserable...temperature wise, my AC is really a life saver. :DD

Even at 1:30 AM after Midnight, the outside temperature is literally still 80°F (~26.7°C) with oppressive humidity as well. Yesterday was 96°F (~35.6°C) and today it reached up to 98°F (~36.7°C). A heat index here was up to 111°F (~44°C) at one point as well. As such, an Excessive Heat Warning and Air Quality Alert are issued for these two days. But relief will come though as a cold front will pass through, and tomorrow there will be scattered thunderstorms with a 50% chance of rain, some of them may be severe. I can't wait for Tuesday, as the daytime high is only expected to be around 74°F (~23.3°C) or so. :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:26:52 PM by ImpracticalDino »