The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 46320

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
This forum quest game were originally meant for quest/puzzle games' players, I wanted to see if this project can work here on this forum. And it leads to the second question: as I mentioned before, this game were originally started on different forum.

Wow...that makes total sense actually. I see. I'm not sure whether to be proud or sad lol. Considering we pretty much made it to the last chapter, and we were so close to solving it for a community who wasn't even the intended quest/puzzle audience. So close, but not quite...

And kudos to you for making such an amazing puzzle and storyline with just the main character starring as a generic stick figure. Really coo-o-o-ol! :)

It also makes me wonder honestly...when you written that tragic ending for Mr. Stick, were you going to end it, regardless if the last person told you to make Mr. Stick take a nap or if he told Mr. Stick to try something else?

Mr. Strick will live and will get his freedom!

We shall see... I do wish those in the Discord server the best of luck. :littlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Considering we pretty much made it to the last chapter
You meant "end of the chapter"? Because there were more 5 chapters planned, and we didn't even finish the first.  :rhett_sad

It also makes me wonder honestly...when you written that tragic ending for Mr. Stick, were you going to end it, regardless if the last person told you to make Mr. Stick take a nap or if he told Mr. Stick to try something else?

When I finally realized there were no point in continuing, I decided to end it. I didn't plan bad ending at all.

I do wish those in the Discord server the best of luck.

I do too... And mr. Stick does too.

Let's wish him luck!  :rainbowwave

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You meant "end of the chapter"? Because there were more 5 chapters planned, and we didn't even finish the first.  :rhett_sad

Yes, my bad. It makes it much worse in that case. :(petrie

I assume it only gets harder from Chapter 1? If that's the case, then we were for sure totally not ready for what's ahead to come for Mr. Stick if we got defeated by a very sturdy box.

By the way, you post occasional forum updates of Mr. Stick adventure from Discord server? Or if not you would allow others to do so, so that other forum members know about his progress? :)

Let's wish him luck!  :rainbowwave

o7

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am sure you're only one who is interested at this moment about this dead story. So, sorry, but I don't have a will to compile all existed old and future new materials about this game and post it here.  :lfsadface

This game will exist on different discord forum only.

Edit: If you want, I can post some single pictures from future chapters.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:07:36 AM by Sneak »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This was a very unique and nicely done project, pretty much unlike any other game I’ve ever seen on a forum before. I always saw members in this thread and wished I was better at this sort of thing so I could participate more. But I’m really glad you’re going to try this for a new audience on Discord! :) I would’ve hated to see your creativity go to waste!

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've enjoyed reading the discussion here, and recall being intrigued by the puzzles. I'm a visual thinker so I guess my issue was not seeing the actual panel door haha, but you're right, in hindsight things are pretty obvious. Thank you Sneak for giving us a chance at this game and I hope your next attempt goes better ;)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you for kind words, guys.  :littlefoot:)
I'm glad you liked it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:45:45 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am sure you're only one who is interested at this moment about this dead story. So, sorry, but I don't have a will to compile all existed old and future new materials about this game and post it here.  :lfsadface

This game will exist on different discord forum only.

Edit: If you want, I can post some single pictures from future chapters.

Turns out you were wrong, other people were still interested, as indicated above me! Mo-o-o-o is quite glad for th-a-at to-o-o be the case. :duckyhappy :ChomperPOG

Once again, I hope those folks at the other Discord forum can solve Mr. Stick's puzzles and set him free. :)

And yes, posting single pictures from future chapters sounds wonderful! Would indeed appreciate those updates. :D

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, fine.

Here's normal ending for Chapter 1

Here're some future rooms

An part of flashback cutscene!

« Last Edit: Today at 08:07:58 AM by Sneak »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Cool preview! I wish you luck with the game’s reboot! :goodluck

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank yo-o-o-ou for the additional scenes of the future Mr. Stick chapters, Sneak! :chompysmile

Plus, that Chapter 1 ending is bit sp-o-o-oky... Mr. Stick clone?!?!
Okay well... after looking for a second longer, doesn't appear to be another stick figure person. Wonder what that is. :thinking

And dang, those future rooms are mo-o-ore complex fo-o-or sure! That other community needs all the luck and encouragement that they can get! :idea