The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction.net

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Once again, I am angry with FF.net.  They didn't even tell me why.  However, this time, someone was nice enough to warn me first so I could remove the unalloud entry before they could check it.  I had my bounty hunter story on there and someone said they were reporting it for inapropriat content.  I have no clue why because it complies with their harsh guidlines.  I'm sure it was alright but I took it off anyway just to be safe.  In three days, I will be able to post on Fictionpress.com as I am a new member.  I will post the story on there instead.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
What exactly was the inappropriate content for your story Ace? Cant say I personally reviewed it (not being a Star Wars fan but that's nothing against you), but I did have a glance at it. What was it that was deemed unsuitable and who was it that complained? Maybe you can appeal to get it back up?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Get a freebie website and put your stories there....you only have to answer to yourself. ;)  That would solve the content problem.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:angry: I have no clue what the heck the deal was.  I made sure it complied with their guidlines.  I heard there was a group on nosie teens that were going around that site tattling on people who violated guidlines. I think FF.net should at least give people a warning and a chance for the person to take care of the problem.  First, they should send an e-mail warning of the problem.  The person should be restricted from uploading until they aknolage the problem.  Once that happens, they should get 48 hours to fix the problem.  if they do not remove it, then they get punished.  It is alot better than just punishing people. I even heard that FF.net removed several peoples'stories without even giving an explaination.  That is wrong.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I've had trouble. I posted some stories up I got some pricks (pardon my french) I was deleting annoyomus posts from the person that was in the same class as me. He did it on purpose to get me annoyed so I deleted his posts then without warning I lost my story and got banned for 30 days posting anything up. I was really annoyed and I complined to them and got jack back from them. still annoy me to this day.

BUt I stored the stories on this site of mine. http://www.geocities.com/digi_earth my own personally website. I know it digimon but it was my best website.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Can't say I've ever had any problems with Fanfic.net at the moment. I've only ever had one appeal and that was to have the age rating upgraded to T instead of K+ (which I can sorta agree on) but apart from that I've never had any trouble with fanfiction.net! In fact, I'm still getting reviews having not posted a new chapter for at least a month! I'm looking at this as a good thing! LOL ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is with Fictionpress's thing about having to wait three days to upload?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Get a freebie website and put your stories there....you only have to answer to yourself.  That would solve the content problem.

Is it free to join Yahoo?  I hear that if you are a member, they offer free web hosting.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yahoo's Geocities is free and they do offer some tools for webpage building...nothing fancy but yes, if you want to start out and have no experience, then yeah, that would at least help you get your feet wet.  If you know how to code your own sites, I can recommend a better option.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, I believe Fanfiction.net is not just too strict, but they're BLOODY LAZY when it comes to administration and stuff. Plus they RANDOMLY delete stories for no apparant reason. <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
How would you know if they delete stuff randomnly or not?

I've heard that people at DA accuse the staff of being lazy and/or deleting stuff randomnly. But this isn't true. Each deletion has a reason, and the site is so huge, it's hard to keep track of everything.

FF.Net is the same way. It's a huge site. It is indeed hard to keep track of everything, and we don't even know how many staff members are on that site. And every deletion has a reason. A story is only deleted if it violates the rules. They don't delete stories just for fun, otherwise they would lose a large amount of members pretty fast.