The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Firefox Users

Petrie. · 13 · 2202

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm playing around with a background image.  Its a huge image at 2,000 x 1,250 pixels.  Apparently, only Firefox users cannot see this background for some odd reason.  Opera is loading it fine.

At the moment, I'm undecided on what I want to do next since I'm playing with board code and there's too many users on for me to mess around with it too much at the moment.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I just tested it out with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, and it only becomes visible with the latter.

Now, if it's meant to be an up-close look of the leaf, then it looks nice.  I might get used to it.

I'm just saddened that it's not visible on Firefox.  I love that browser. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm playing around with a background image. Its a huge image at 2,000 x 1,250 pixels. Apparently, only Firefox users cannot see this background for some odd reason. Opera is loading it fine.

At the moment, I'm undecided on what I want to do next since I'm playing with board code and there's too many users on for me to mess around with it too much at the moment.

What code are you using to integrate the background image?  You should use the following code if you're not using the CSS2 background image stretch hack I provided you:

Code:  on  

.body{
background-image:url('image.jpg');
}

The image is large enough so that it won't repeat on most larger resolutions, however those with smaller resolutions won't be able to see the whole image as it will be cut off.  I seriously recommend that you play around with that CSS hack I gave you.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can set up a test forum where you can play with code all you want an either no one will see, or just a few folks you may give the address to, likely ones who know the code will enough to give you real tips and stuff.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Confirmed. Only works in FF here.  :unsure:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I wondered why the background had taken a little graphical downgrading (fade to black if you will) :p :lol Did we have a powercut or something Petrie?!  :DD

As of yet, I can't see anything on the background. Any ideas why?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I think it has something to do with the code...I'll get on it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Firefox users, give me an update...does the image work now?  I put in a css code instead of the older html style code.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks nice Petrie.  Firefox loads it all just fine. :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The picture does show for me now, but it seems to be for a larger solution than my screen allows for. It is set at 1280x800, the largest it will allow, but I don't see much more than the upper left corner of the leaf. What solution is the background made for?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The picture does show for me now, but it seems to be for a larger solution than my screen allows for. It is set at 1280x800, the largest it will allow, but I don't see much more than the upper left corner of the leaf. What solution is the background made for?

Well our original plan was to use the CSS background stretch hack on GOF so we made a very large image so that it wouldn't look blurry when stretched on larger resolutions....however Invisionfree has some really old code that doesn't work with the hack.  Because of this, Petrie just placed the background image on regularly.  This means the full image won't show on smaller resolutions.  The resolution of the image is 2000x1250.  I can see the leaf just fine on my monitor.  Of course, I have a 22" running at 1680x1050.......

We'll just have to wait till CSS3 is fully supported before we make it look perfect for everyone.  Ideally when making a website you choose an image that repeats perfectly or just a solid color.....but I don't think that would work well with GOF.  For example, the background of my server isn't solid black.  It's a stretched background image.  We could use that same image on GOF, but it might look a little too modern for GOF's current design.......

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can see an image.  Looks like some sort of leaf on grass near rocks or something.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can see an image but I can't say that I really like the fact that I'm only seeing some dark blue and just a tiny bit of the water. I prefer the older not extreme high resolution background but I guess I'll live with it.