The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

AU "Allies"

Tails77

• Chomper
    • View Profile
alright, here we go! my first LBT fanfiction to be posted on this site! :)littlefoot
this will be waaayyy different from most fanfictions on here as most of them (from what I have seen) are SUPER grounded in the LBT world, this one is not like that...like, at all.
if you like Vikings this is pretty much for you, if you like furries, anthro, etc. that's even better! (please don't shame me I'm not like those cringe videos  :sducky)
so, without further stalling here it is! "Allies"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                        Prologue

Rain and thunder ruled the night sky. A loud crack of lightning could be heard as the storm rolled through the lands. Tyler looked stoically out at the main village of his chiefdom. All of the inhabitants were in their wood huts sleeping, all except for him, the elders, his son and the longnecks. The brown wolf turned around into his cub’s quiet room, wooden runes adorned the walls, a changing table lay in the corner of the room, and in the middle was his crib. He looked into the wooden crib to see his small white cub chewing on his deerskin blanket, he looked up at his father with his baby blue eyes and giggled reaching out for him. He smiled down at his child and rubbed his face lovingly “ah, Robeth, your mother would have been so proud of you.” He whispered, thinking of his beloved Mira. He himself was proud to have such a child, Robeth was but a year old and already was strong enough to act so cheerful during such a thunderstorm. As he thought about this something caught his eye, it was Alakos, his trusted adviser and leader of the council of elders. The withered deer pulled down his cloak walked, or rather limped into the room “Thor is crafting a mighty storm this night.” He said in his frail voice, trying to break the ice. “Has it happened yet?” Tyler asked nervously, wanting to get right to the subject that had everyone up so late. “No no, not yet..” Alakos answered much to the grief of Tyler “but I would not fall into despair just yet, the oracle has been correct so far.” He reassured. Tyler sighed “I want Robeth to surpass me as a Viking and if he is going to be that he will need every advantage possible, including this..” he said looking back down at his smiling child. Alakos sighed “that has been the one flaw of your entire reign as chieftain..” he said as he walked over and put a hand on Tyler’s shoulder “you have built this chiefdom from a few mere villages to a kingdom noted among the others of Europa and even worthy of praise from Beowulf himself.. but you did with your own personal strength and didn't even ask the gods for help once.” He explained “I understand it is hard for you, but sometimes you must put your faith in Odin and the others” he told him. Tyler nodded, Alakos was correct, the death of his father, Mira, all the raids in his conquest all of this was performed without a single prayer to the gods, he believed in fate, not Gods. “I understand..” he said “and i’ll start right now” he continued looking back down at his child.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rain was coming down harder than ever before. The water droplets formed vast sheets that came down like the waves of the ocean. The only creatures that were capable of withstanding such rain were the three giants, the longnecks. The creatures massive size made them some of the strongest creatures in Europa, capable of carrying entire units worth of supplies and turning back armies with their mere sight, the rain was nothing to them. They sat out their vast corral, two elder longnecks, Kenneth and Elaine, surrounding their adult offspring, Lilith, who herself watched over a single solitary egg, with other elders watching from within the barn the longnecks lived in. Lilith looked over at the elders with their stern faces and turned to her parents “why hasn't it hatched?” She asked nervously, she had been mounted before but never had a single hatchling, the elders thought her infertile and she was mocked by all the other tribe females. “Do not worry Lilith, we’ve made it this far, besides you heard what the oracle said” Kenneth reassured his daughter. Lilith remembered the prophecy, that an infertile longneck will give birth to the ally of a warrior, the longnecks were spiritual creatures, so she was inclined to believe the oracle. “Just think of it, I'm going to have a grandchild.” Elaine said cheerfully, she herself was infertile, with Lilith as her only child, she prayed to the spirits of the wild all her life to give her enough time in this world to see a grandchild of her own and now she had felt that that moment had come. “It still hasn't happened yet, why?” Lilith asked to no one in particular, she felt her heart sinking deeper every moment that passed “these things take time, dear..” Elaine explained “I'm sure it will be ready at any moment.” She continued as she looked into her daughter’s eyes reassuringly.  The elders looked at each other sternly, the mood had been tense for some while but as the rain began to fade they came to the consensus that the egg had failed in its part of the prophecy, they had planned however to make things official at dawn which was not for a few more hours meaning they were stuck there. They began to whisper things amongst themselves “are you sure we have to wait longer?” One asked the others “indeed, we all know Lilith is infertile, I've watched this process enough times to know what comes next.” another agreed “we must at least give her the chance” a third argued back. As the whispers continued the rain slowed more and more till it was only a mere drizzle. The longnecks held their heads together in prayer begging the spirits of the wild to let the egg hatch. The whispering had turned to light arguing as sides formed amongst the elders, this was not uncommon as each one of them knew that the others were trying to get the chiefdom to be run the way they saw fit. “Very well, you stay here, we on the other hand are goin-” one elder declared to the others but was stopped by a noticeable sound “CRICK”. The elders looked to the place where the sound was made and saw on the longnecks looking down at the egg which now had a small purple tail sticking out of it. The longnecks looked at each other with smiles on their faces, the elders looked on in shock, one looked to his apprentice “fly you fool! Fly! Tell the chieftain the time has come!” He whisper-yelled at him, with that the apprentice ran as fast as he could to the chieftain’s keep. Lilith looked at the egg as it began to shake again and a back right foot broke through, followed by the left one. The legs struggled for a bit before they were able to stand upright and attempted to start moving forward, sliding the what was left of the egg shell through the soft mud. The little creature soon found itself struggling against the buildup of mud and it soon stumbled over the small pile it had created, completely rolling over and landing on its hind end. The shell of the egg had been damaged in the stumble and it fell apart, revealing to the other longnecks the front half of the little creature. They gathered around the small purple creature as it looked up at them with a smile on its face, Lilith lowered her head to greet her newborn child, a movement which scared it and made it hide its head under its front paws. Lilith simply licked the back of her child which made it realize it was in no danger at all, it returned the favor by licking its mother’s face happily making her chuckle “hello, Littlefoot” she whispered to him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler lowered his head, broodingly, he was beginning to lose hope in this whole thing when he heard the frantic footsteps coming down the hallway. One of the elder’s apprentices stumbled through the door “chieftain! The egg has hatched! a new longneck has just been born!”. Tyler’s face lit up with both excitement and surprise at the news and he looked at Alakos “see what I told you?” He said with a smirk on his face “you’ll have time to be prideful later!” He chuckled at him as he picked up Robeth, much to his confusion. Tyler trotted through the keep with Alakos having to lean on the apprentice for support due to his weak legs “hold on, Tyler! I'm not the strapping stag I was before you know!” He called out. Tyler barely heard the old deer behind him as he made his way through the village, he couldn't believe it, all of his achievements in life where through his own willpower yet through putting his faith in Odin just once in his life he had set his son down the path of a life whose glory will make his look dim in comparison. He finally made it to the barn where the other elders were waiting “the time has come” one of the elders said to him, another elder stepped forward, he was holding a cup with a viscous blue dye in it, the ritual paint. “Hand your son to us, great chieftain, so that he may be prepared to become an ally.” The elder with the paint said. Tyler handed his son to the nearest elder who took him to the others who then surrounded him, causing him to whimper and whine. “Dont worry, Robeth evrything will only change for the better.” he said to the cub, who only continued to whine as blue paint was drawn across his chest. Tyler felt the ground rumble and looked forward to see Lilith walking forward with Littlefoot in her mouth followed closely by Kenneth and Elaine. She lowered Littlefoot into the arms of one of the other elders who did the same to him as they were doing with Robeth. Tyler went through the process in his mind, to become allies is to become family, the two future allies have lines drawn on their bodies with different colored dyes, the two are to embrace each other and let the two colors mix, from that point onward they are family forever. Alakos soon joined the group shortly later and watched with Tyler and the longnecks as the two babies were coated in different dyes “what is his name?” Tyler asked Lilith “its Littlefoot” she answered, Tyler stroked his small beard “Littlefoot… I like that name.” He told her much to her delight. The elders soon finished their painting of Robeth and Littlefoot and sat them a few feet from each other. All was silent as the cub and the hatchling looked at each other with confused faces. Robeth, curious, crawled over to Littlefoot and touched his forehead with his palm, both of which were covered in red and blue paint respectively. When Robeth’s hand left Littlefoot’s face there was dark purple paint all over his face, a sight which caused everyone watching to become overcome with a sense of relief and happiness. Littlefoot smiled at Robeth and licked his cheek, making him giggle and hug him in response, making even more purple paint, further reinforcing the sense of relief. As the two younglings played with each other the elders nodded at each other, the longnecks rubbed their faces together lovingly, and Tyler and Alakos shook hands. “Their brothers now.” Alakos said “indeed..” Tyler replied looking at his son playing with the longneck hatchling “brothers and allies.”
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well, there it is! the prologue to my story! I hope no one was too off put by certain things, I like to call my writing style "high speed, low drag"

tell me what you think and don't be shy, unlike most people my age I can take constructive criticism!
I'll find something better to put here eventually..

Tails77

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I was really wondering if this was worth continuing, considering the vast differences between this and most other stories on here. but then I thought "you know what? It's already on there, might as well stick to it!" so yeah, that's what I'm gonna do! here is the next chapter!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1
15 years later…
 Only a few mere candles kept a dim light within the quiet tent. The serene silence was slightly broken when a brown longneck, about the size of a fisherman’s ship, walked through the thick curtains. This was Littlefoot, he had grown at an average speed over the short fifteen years of his life but had not come to the full size of his race. Strapped around his back was a large blanket made from the pelts of several cattle, Robeth would ride atop him whenever they left the village. The two had grown up together like the brothers they were made to be, through harsh winters and warm summers, the two times the village caught fire, and even the attack on the village by a monster, the day he had come here to remember. Littlefoot bowed his head at the shrine and closed his eyes. He remembered the one day that had haunted him for the last ten years of his life and, in his mind, would haunt him forever. The screams of the village people still rung out in his head, as did the roars of Sharptooth.
He desperately tried to hold back his tears as he thought about cries of pain as his grandfather made as the beast pounced upon him with the type of youth that he no longer had. He always thought the last words of his grandmother would be “I love you, sweet Littlefoot.” but instead they were “Protect the younglings! Don't let sharptooth get to th-” before she could say anything else there was only the sound bone snapping. He could practically see the memory playing in the darkness of his closed eyes of him and Robeth running into the gates of the village as several warriors led by Tyler charged out to defend their home. He thought about how the few minutes they spent in the elder's chamber felt like hours as they listened to the battle rage outside. The sound of loud crashing drove the both of them to simply peak outside to see what was happening, and that was when he saw it, the sight of Sharptooth tearing into the flesh of his prone mother. Tyler was able to drive the beast away by digging his axe into its eye, but that could not save his mother. Everyone watched as the young longneck shared its mother’s last moments together with her. He would never forget her last words, “let your heart guide you… it whispers...so listen closely.”. Tears streamed down Littlefoot’s face as he finished his memory “Allfather, please, take good care of them.” he begged Odin as he prayed. He switched his prayers to his family “are you all happy there? I hope so. I know you won't be really happy until the Gods call me home.”. “Call me home.” those words rung out in his head repeatedly, in the back of his head he always begged for that moment to come soon. A few more quiet, contemplative minutes went by before the tears finally stopped, “Until the gods call to me…” he whispered. Littlefoot coming to the shrine to pray was a common occurrence, he’d usually go on the anniversary of his family’s demise but he also went there whenever he felt sentimental, lonely, or sometimes just spiritual. He took one last look at the shrine to say goodbye when he heard a voice. “Littlefoot?” the soft yet mature tone called out, Littlefoot looked behind him to see his brother and ally, Robeth. The small white coyote/wolf pup had grown into great warrior, standing at least a full head above most of the other warriors, he had an above average muscle mass which his light wool clothes did little to hide. “What are you doing here?” Robeth asked with a look of concerned confusion on his face. Littlefoot looked at his ally with embarrassed surprise, he always preferred to be alone at times like this and on top of that he hated having others see him so glum like like he was. He looked for an excuse “”Robeth! I..uh...I was just...uh.” his face faded back into its solemn look, Robeth was smart enough to see through any lie and he also had a natural instinct to tell the truth. It didn't matter anyway, Robeth gave a knowing nod indicating he already knew why he had come to the shrine of the fallen, there was only ever one reason anyone would come here. Littlefoot turned his head to the shrine and took another look at it as Robeth walked next to him. “I...I just miss them….so much.” Littlefoot whispered as he felt the tears well up again. Robeth put a hand on his shoulder “you know you don't have to come here to feel their presence with you, that's why we had that rune carved into your shoulder” he told Littlefoot as he lifted part of the blanket, revealing a large and intriket scar on his shoulder. When deciphered from the ancient language of the first Vikings it read “may the fallen watch over their familiar from their seat in Asgard” a common phrase used in runic scars. Littlefoot frowned “yes, I know, but.. their presence just feels stronger here.” He explained. Robeth gave a nod “I understand…but I don't think your family would want you to be consumed by grief like this.” Robeth answered, much to Littlefoot’s embarrassment, THIS was what he hated when Robeth caught him like this. “They’d want you to remember all the good times you had together and live the rest of your life happily..” Robeth continued “besides, you still have a family, us” he finished. Robeth gave a gentle smile to his ally, Littlefoot closed his eyes and thought about what he said, it was all true, so why did he still feel bad? he didn't know why, all he knew was that he wanted to stop feeling bad, so he accepted what his brother had said. “Your right, I'm sorry Robeth, I just wanted to remember them.” Littlefoot answered “don't feel bad, Littlefoot, it's okay grieve.” Robeth returned “to be honest I thought you would come here, givin what today is.” He explained as Littlefoot nodded, feeling a little better.  It was the Clan reunion, Robeth’s uncle Wadren’s part of the Clan from across the sea had come for the annual meeting of the Clan sects. “Come on, brother we’ve stalled this meeting for long enough.” Robeth chuckled sarcastically, Littlefoot knew exactly what he was talking about, Bjorn and his ally, Cera. Robeth walked out of the tent first, Littlefoot could hear him speaking “all right, here he is! The final piece of our puzzle!” He announced dramatically, Littlefoot decided to play along and stuck his head out of the tent “ta-d-” he attempted to say only to be caught off guard by what he saw. Bjorn and Cera looked a little different than when he last saw them, which was a long time ago. Bjorn always stood on the small size, the light brown wolf came up to just below Robeth’s chest but made up for his small size with a muscle mass of an average sized warrior, he had only grown slightly in size but caught Littlefoot off guard the most was Cera. the orange three horn was only about half his size but now she was almost fully grown and the stubs of horns on her head originally had grown one and a half feet in length. They both stared at him smugly “what’s the matter longneck, ya miss me?” Cera said in that odd “Scottish” dialect that Bjorn’s tribe speaks in. Littlefoot snapped out of his trance of surprise and tried to think of something “uh, hi Cera..you look a little-”. “Different, I know, right?” Robeth finished his sentence, chuckling “I always thought Cera’s face would be a representation of a threehorn’s imagination, flat and uninteresting!” he continued, much to the laughter of of his ally and annoyance looks of the others. “Now ye watch that mouth ya mountain’a crap! Cera’s herd is somana toughest threehorns north of the frankish coastline!” Bjorn yelled at his cousin, attempting to take a swing at him but being held away at arms length. Robeth chuckled at his cousin’s attempt to attack him and the ease with which he could defend himself, Bjorn made up for his size with sheer will power as he continued for around a full minute before he finally gave up. “Come on, let's walk and talk.” Robeth suggested and the others agreed. They walked down one of the paths that branched away from the main village path, they could see the sheer hustle and bustle of the village center as the more rowdy members of Wadren’s scottish elite warriors already boozing themselves silly. “So, last I heard your father has found himself a mistress?” Robeth asked curiously, all he had heard in the message was that Wadren had finally married which made him think his crazy uncle might finally be settling down. “That’s right, me father finally found the woman of his dreams.” Bjorn answered pridefully “Yep, and she’s a total queen of sass, I plow the fields better’en any of me herd, yet she STILL thinks i'm lazy!” Cera complained. That answered Robeth’s question of WHO it was, that silvery fox Stenya was the kind of woman Wadren needed. “Speaken’a which..” Bjorn said with a devilish smile spreading across his face “Oh boy, here we go, your gonna tell one of your bawdy tales again aren't you?” Littlefoot asked with annoyance, this was something he hated about the Scots, Vikings could be crude, but he guessed because Wadren’s clan was so far away from the others they never got news of more chivalrous behaviour becoming popular. “Ya dang right!” Bjorn answered
“a couple moons before we set sail I was huntin’ me a mighty fat boar, took me me a couple’a hours to track him down but I found him.” Bjorn explained already showing massive amount of pride. “So I was just pulling me bowstring back to take’em down when I hear a nasty growl to me right and what do I see? A BLOODY WOLF! Givin’ me hungry eyes!” he continued, trying his best to sound dramatic and scare Littlefoot. “I had no choice, I swung me bow around and fired right into the gullet of the beast as it charged me, but the boar heard everything and ran off! But I wasn't  goin’ ta lose me a catch like this’n no way, so I leaped at the pig with all my might and gave it a good stabbin’ in the neck!” Bjorn continued still much to the annoyance of the viking allies. He gave another devilish smile as he looked at Robeth “So naturally if a warrior like me- self comes back with both a boar AND a wolf you just KNOW there’s gonna be plenty’a women invitin’ me int’a their tents and-” “Alright that's more than enough!” Robeth Interrupted, he always hated it when someone told a bawdy tale of explicitly detailed love making. Bjorn laughed and Cera smirked, both knowing full well of Robeth and Littlefoot’s sensitivity around such subjects “you know one of these days one of those women you’ve been with is gonna show up to your tent and give you a baby and you’ll be like “what’s this?” and she’ll say “it's your bastard son”, then what are you going to do?” Robeth jokingly said, he watched all of Bjorn’s prideful arrogance leave him much to the laughter of the two other companions in their little group. Once they got to the village center Bjorn simply looked Robeth with stern, angry eyes, still mad from Robeth’s comment. Robeth rolled his eyes “alright, maybe I went a little too far on that last one, I’m sorry.” he said as he rubbed the back of his embarringlessly, sometimes they did go a little too far in their jokes, especially ones about family, on account of what happened to bjorn's mother, lucia. Bjorn sighed “I guess I’m sorry too, sometimes I poke the beast in ye a little TOO hard, am I right?” he said with an embarrassing look of his own. “I forgive you.” Robeth said to bjorn holding out his hand “And I forgive ye, too, cousin.” Bjorn said as he humbly shook he elder cousin’s hand. As the two shook hands they rapped one another into a hug with their other arms, a known sign of respect among the tribes of the Wenver Clan. As they broke from their embrace Robeth jolted as he heard the sound of wild yelling, he turned to see the drunken elite warriors of Wadren’s clan motining at Bjorn to come and join them in their apparent beer guzzling tournament and howling at a moon that wasn't even there. “Alright, I guess I’ll be seeing you at the feast tonight?” Bjorn asked Robeth. “You know it.” Robeth said as he turned to Littlefoot as Bjorn ran over to the warriors to meet them for what they wanted to talk to him about. A large black bear warrior wobbled over to him, clearly only partially mentally functioning, and put a paw on his shoulder. Between hiccups the warrior was able to ask a question “di-did you...tell Robeth...tha-that story about...th-th-the boar and the wolf?” he giggled after asking the question. Bjorn, looked over at Robeth and the two allies and looked back at the bear “yeah, I told’em.” he said much to the laughter of the drunken warriors. A ram smirked at him “even the part where that fox shot you down faster than a master archer?” he asked as the others snickered. Robeth and Littlefoot raised their eyebrows at the comment, they knew Bjorn had been denied nights together with females before however it was a immensely rare sight giving his charisma. Littlefoot looked over at Cera and saw a look of pure rage on her face, she, like Littlefoot, had a deep connection to her ally and would never stand for such insult against her best friend. As the group of various warriors bellowed with drunken laughter they barely noticed Bjorn tackling the ram into the mud of the road.
 “Do you think funny now you thick-skulled bum?!” Bjorn shouted as he wailed on the ram as he flailed to get his arms above his face to block the flurry of incoming blows. The black bear attempted step in to pull off Bjorn from his fellow warrior, however Cera stepped between him and the street fight, shooting him a bitter glare. “Do you really want to test me?” she asked, the bear simply readied himself, too drunk to realize the disadvantage he was at. Soon after that Cera charged into the warrior, not a very uncommon sight due to her headstrong nature. Robeth had to chuckle at the street brawl happening before him, he had seen plenty of them before however whenever Bjorn got into the thick of it it was bound to end badly for everyone involved. He noticed Littlefoot awkwardly looking away, he never liked meaningless violence, to him violence was for the battlefield, not as a means for defending prideful arrogance. Robeth could tell by the look in Littlefoot’s eyes that he was still thinking about his family, but decided against calling him out on it, for while he might try to convince Littlefoot to let go of the pains of the past he couldn't help but admit he too missed the old longneck family. He lost himself in thought about how kind Littlefoot’s family was, when he was learning to ride Littlefoot, his mother would use her tail to help balance him and Grandpa and Grandma longneck always seemed to have another story or piece of advice or knowledge within their wise minds to give whenever times of need would arise. Even though they weren't related by either blood or spirit they, like Littlefoot, felt like family. “Family..” Robeth said under his breath as he came out of his memories, the word reminded him of something but he couldn't figure out what at first, then it hit him as hard as a falling tree. “Littlefoot!” he called out to his brother, snapping him out of his thoughts. Littlefoot looked down at Robeth “what is it?” he asked, he had forgotten too. “We were supposed to meet Mika today!” Robeth said as he quickly climbed up Littlefoot, the name immediately made Littlefoot remember. Robeth got to his riding position just behind Littlefoot’s front shoulders, he gave him a light slap on the back that told him to start moving, which he did. As Littlefoot started to the main gate Robeth looked behind him, Bjorn and Cera were still fighting like cornered wolves, Cera looked momentarily at the leaving pair. “See ya Littlefoot!” she called out before slamming her side into one of the other warriors attempting to stop her from defending Bjorn. Littlefoot smiled back at Cera momentarily before continuing toward the village gate “it’s nice to see her again..” Littlefoot said, Robeth nodded, it had been quite a while since he had last seen his cousin, it made him happy to see he had changed very little. However it was never like Robeth had anyone to be with when Bjorn wasn't there, there was obviously Littlefoot...and then there was Mika, his betrothed.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright, so there it is! sorry it didn't really involve the dino characters to much, that's actually what kept me from continuing this. but I promise to include them more in the next one!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
My eyes...
Please, divide your text. Thx.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Tails77

• Chomper
    • View Profile
thanks for the feedback, I'll work on it.
I think the main problem is that I copy-paste this from google docs, I'll add more time to making it look better.

Tails77

• Chomper
    • View Profile
would it be alright if I were to stop writing this? I get a feeling this is gonna end up being a complete train wreck. looking at how the story was going to progress I get a feeling it was going to really be nothing the people on here would really like. after all I wrote the story with less real effort than most of the stuff I write.

i'm really sorry about putting this up. I really should have thought it through and not fire from the hip, I'll write something else a little better, I promise