The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Bowl 53

rhombus · 12 · 3262

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am somewhat surprised that there is not a topic on this year, but I will go ahead and get it started. After a rather controversial league championship stage of the playoffs the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams are about to meet in the 53rd Super Bowl.

I guess I will get the discussion started by posing three questions for everyone:

1) If you plan on watching the game how do you plan on doing so? (alone, at a party, sports bar, etc.)

2) Who do you think will win tonight?

3) Who would you prefer to win?

For me the answers are:

1) I will be meeting up with some friends at a local Buffalo Wild Wings.  Though most of them are not sports fanatics we do enjoy using the occasion of the Super Bowl as an excuse to get together which is increasingly more difficult with the pressures of work and (in some cases) kids

2) I will go ahead and guess the Rams will pull out a close win

3) The Rams. I despise both teams in this Super Bowl, but any day the Patriots lose is a good day.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
1) I don't really have much of any plans to even watch the Super Bowl, largely due to my family's beliefs that the NFL is rigged in favor of the Patriots winning. Also, since I'm a Buffalo resident, the Patriots are extremely hated where I come from. I never forgave them for overturning a Bills touchdown last season while I was Christmas shopping. It's only fueled my desire to avoid the NFL until Tom Brady and Bill Belichick finally retire.

2) I feel very unfortunate in believing that the Patriots will win the Super Bowl every year until Brady retires. The Eagles were lucky last year, but I don't know if the Rams will be as lucky tonight. :(

3) Isn't it obvious? I'd prefer the Rams. Perhaps some payback for Super Bowl 36.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Watching on Tv.
 I'
m picking the Rams and rooting for them.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sp far rams have  done jack squat on offense are lucky to be only down 3-0.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
rams finally score on a long FG 3-3
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Patriots score a TD 10-3. 7 minutes left
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
INT By patroits i inside the patriots 5. thats probably the game
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
patriots are going to win. damn it
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
13-3 Pats
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My mother, stepfather and I have just had another dull Super Bowl night, and just as I feared, my prediction came true. And now, my old friend from high school will be ranting for a whole nother year about the NFL being rigged in favor of Tom Brady becoming the greatest player of all-time in much the same way Ferrari allegedly rigged F1 to do the same for Michael Schumacher.

UGH! :bang

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well that was quite a depressing game.  For a good portion of the game it looked like this might become the first Super Bowl to not have a single touchdown scored.  Though I must admit that it is clear that the better team won this matchup as the Rams' play throughout was lackluster at best.  Between not being able to protect their quarterback and very questionable play calls they are lucky they only lost 13-3.  In fact the entire last play sequence had me scratching my head.  Their only hope at that point was to score a touchdown before time expired (which means running off the field to stop the clock or getting a successful hail mary play or two) and then to get a successful on-side kick and then to score again. Instead they keep the clock running by making passes in the center of the field and end the drive with a pointless field goal that, hilariously, they ended up missing.  It was a fitting testament to their lackluster performance during this game.

Also a non-game related question for those who watched the Super Bowl: Is it just me, or did the commercials and halftime show this seem quite mediocre? The halftime show performers did not seem to mesh together well and it did not seem to be the typical "pump you up" style of performance that is typical of these shows.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:45:52 PM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, the commercials weren't quite as funny as I've known them to be. Rather empty-feeling.

As for the halftime show, I didn't even bother to watch, but my stepfather was not very impressed.